[Game Update] - (BETA Preview) 197150

Is it just me or the deer's fur look a LOT like chester's,maybe it is just because of the orange color of the images. Also the pun may be a reference to the eye bone rather than to deerclops if it is the case.

Is it chester's family?We'll never know...Actually we will once the update comes out but thats doent's sounds too fun.

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, 1v0 said:

Hmmm seasonal herds does that means we will get 4 new herds for every season ? or just this one for a 1 of the season but like 2-3 herds ... I have no-eye-deer for now . The preview looks good can't wait for the patch .

Probably similar to Pengulls, I think. Appearing and disappearing with the seasons.

• Like 9

46 minutes ago, Lium said:

Probably similar to Pengulls, I think. Appearing and disappearing with the seasons.

This would make it the PERFECT update to finally fix the Pengull non-respawning issue. I really can't wait for the buggers to come rolling back in late-game worlds... they really make rotten eggs for gunpowder easily acquirable after each winter, because often you don't wanna waste any food for an explosive that won't really be using for anything.

• Like 2

So I just had a thought. I interpret the shepherdess statue as Charlie viewing herself as the "shepherd" of the survivors. I know so far the update titles have been mostly meaningless but maybe "Herd mentality" isn't?

Edited by Michi01
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, isthisworkingnow said:

Am I the only one hyped for the packages?! 

No, you're not, for I am:

YEA.thumb.png.a78cb16f12442322433ba45990

(courtesy of the Madagascar artists and the excellent @verm1ll1on)

17 minutes ago, Michi01 said:

So I just had a thought. I interpret the shepherdess statue as Charlie viewing herself as the "shepherd" of the survivors. I know so far the update titles have been mostly meaningless but maybe "Herd mentality" isn't?

Herd mentality is when one person posts a skin teaser whose code comes with an expensive plushie and then the entire forums go "Farewell, dear wallet".

• Like 7

3 hours ago, EuedeAdodooedoe said:

This would make it the PERFECT update to finally fix the Pengull non-respawning issue. I really can't wait for the buggers to come rolling back in late-game worlds... they really make rotten eggs for gunpowder easily acquirable after each winter, because often you don't wanna waste any food for an explosive that won't really be using for anything.

Personally I hope they make their glaciers removable too or first. Because they're such an annoyance. I don't care for them, but their glaciers just come in the way of everything. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, EuedeAdodooedoe said:

I honestly don't understand the hype that is being put up each time Klei teases something new about DST. Can anybody explain this to me?

Geez, I don't know! I have this theory that people actually like the features announced and thus get excited to see them implemented. Insane, I know, but who knows

Edited by verm1ll1on
grammar
  • Like 14

1 hour ago, AnonymousKoala said:

Personally I hope they make their glaciers removable too or first. Because they're such an annoyance. I don't care for them, but their glaciers just come in the way of everything. 

Maybe something that could be done is a way to remove glaciers, the penguins one and the classic one, so this way people could decide to keep them or not (I guess that glaciers near your camp could be nice for some fresh ice, if you choose to keep them)

1 hour ago, verm1ll1on said:

Geez, I don't know! I have this theory that people actually like the features announced and thus get excited to seem them implemented. Insane, I know, but who knows

Ahahah :D I'm laughting alone in front of my computer now. Can't stop.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, EuedeAdodooedoe said:

They seem nice to me, but I don't understand the immense hype, that's all.

It's not just the new assets but the fact there's lore happening. What Charlie is doing is going to bring big things for the future of this game, so there's not just hype but conspiracy.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, minespatch said:

It's not just the new assets but the fact there's lore happening. What Charlie is doing is going to bring big things for the future of this game, so there's not just hype but conspiracy.

Haven't seen anybody theorizing anything about what is being introduced as to how it relates to the lore though. All I'm seeing is some itty bitty content getting hoards of hype just because it's coming soon. V('^')V

Edited by EuedeAdodooedoe
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, EuedeAdodooedoe said:

Haven't seen anybody theorizing anything about what is being introduced as to how it relates to the lore though. All I'm seeing is some itty bitty content getting hoards of hype just because it's coming soon. V('^')V

There are theorists. Charlie is giving backlash at Maxwell. Taunting his creations, turning them to stone, mocking the chess motif by removing the king piece's limbs(and a cherub) while the statuary that are more feminine seem to be full figured except for the missing heads. The robotic chess pieces that Maxwell made have been turned into shadow creatures, and there might be something off with these new features being too "friendly".

That's just me though.arielcasual shrug.png

• Like 11

34 minutes ago, Lumina said:

I don't see immense hype. Some people are enthusiastics, but i didn't see immense hype. What is so immense ?

Just some posts made by users seemingly being like "oh MY GAWD, THIS IS AWESOME CAN'T WAIT GASDFAJFBH ASDFHB!!!11!!" or an image over-exaggerating, if you will, the upcoming content.

A bit weird and a bit annoying, imho, that's all.

• Like 1