[MOD] Advanced Guard Protocol

Steam workshop link

Advanced Guard Protocol is the mod to look for if you want to add anything guard related!

It adds:

Spoiler

36 new guards

6 new enforcers

Longer and more complex patrols

Guards that can open locked doors

Guard numbers in mid and final missions that scale with campaign length

A rework for the Validate daemon

The mod also offers a new experience in the form of "HARD MODE", a mode where guards are faster, smarter and deadlier in every way.

In order to use hard mode you need to install Sim Constructor

Updates:

5/12-15

Initial upload

6/12-15

System admins now have unique designs depending on corporation! (thanks a lot Shirsh)

Fixed a crash caused by Net downlink or Prism's augment.

Fixed steam independant version not working

13/12-15

System Admin portraits by Shirsh!
Added Drone Engineer
Added tier 2 versions of 4 guards
Custom OMNI guards spawn more commonly
Reduced FOV of augmented security
Electrical Interference now updates all the time and not just at the start of the turn, but only raises cooldown by one

Ultraviolet spectrometer now reveals Prism's disguise

Fixed several errors that could corrupt old savegames

20/12-15

Fixed crash when CEO/System Admin escapes in a financial executive mission

27/12-15

Fixed Augmented guard having less than 0 firewalls

Augmented guards are now disabled by EMP, and properly update when firewalls are raised

Regenerative nanocells now trigger even on KOd guards

Recolored Tsukumogai Drones! :)

System Admins now have Panic buttons

20/3-16

Custom models for many new guards by Shirsh. This includes: Augmented Security v1 and v2, Scanner Security v1 and v2, Drone Engineer, Sniper, Interferer, MKX and PSI
Fixed augmented security vision not updating until end of turn.
Fixed panic button sometimes triggering twice or when KOd
Drone engineer spawns drones next to them instead of ontop of them.
Renamed Ultrasonic Echolocation to Piercing S.C.O.P.E
Compatible with the latest version of Generation options+
New enforcers!

30/3-16

New anims for enforcers, OMNI and MKX, plus portraits for enforcer drones and a few other tweaks.
Fixed enforcer drones spawning with ridiculously high firewalls.
Fixed recap icon for omni killer and drone engineer.
Fixed incompatible savedata.

8/5-16

Added extended guard patrols as an option!
The amount of guards in OMNI missions now scale with difficulty, making short campaigns easier and long campaigns harder.
Reduced scanner security's and scanner security 2's peripheral vision to default.
Omni Killers now have upgraded grenades.

12/8-16

Added option to let guards use locked doors.
Having difficulty of omni levels scale is now optional.
Added Hard Mode option. (Requires Sim Constructor)

Added tier 2 versions of Interferer, Drone Engineer, PSI, and Support Guard(K&O)
PSI has been reworked. They still link to another guard, but instead of shielding them they will investigate if the linked guard is alerted. They will also gain AP when alerted.
MKX now only reinforce one firewall at a time, but firewalls stay buffed even at end of turn.
Added effects for Regenerative Nanocells, Long Range Sensors, Drone Reactivator Core and Drone Reactor Booster.
Surveillance Security now notice agents behind cover instead of seeing them.

Special ability tooltips now remain for guards who are out of sight("ghosts").
Added tooltips for guards with scangrenades.
Added tooltips for guards who don't have weapons.

Patrol generation is now more balanced.
Reduced firewalls on all enforcer drones.
Assaults and Assault Enforcers are now vulnerable to ko.
Reduced range of Drone Reactivator Core.
Super Heavy Enforcers have even more armor, but even less ap.
Omni Hacker null zone significally reduced and hack range slightly reduced.
Omni Killer no longer has ko resistance and extra ap.
Elite Assault no longer has armor and extra ap.
Augmented and Advanced Security ap reduced.
Ko overloader no longer works through walls.

12/11-16

Added Prototype Security.
Added Sprinter.
Added Scan Guard.
Added Support Drone.
Added new Augmented Security sounds.
Added effects for Mainframe Support.

Hackers now recapture up to two devices per turn in hard mode.
Ultrasonic Echolocation now only detects moving agents.
Reduced Super Heavy Security armor.
Reduced Drone Reactivator Core range.
Reduced OMNI Hacker's null zone range.
Regenerative Nanocells now works on all deaths, not just by guns.
Elite Engineers now come with an Obake Drone instead of an elite drone.
Armored guards other than "regular" elites and heavys no longer gain ko resistance in hard mode.
Enemy fov can now exceed 180°, only affects Augmented Security outside of hard mode.
Reduced Augmented Security vision per firewall, but increased maximum vision.

Fixed missing tooltips.
Fixed OMNI Hacker's null zone description showing erroneously.
Fixed guards being targetable with buster chips.
Fixed patrol change crash.
Fixed daemons not invoking on units with Failsafe Protection.
Fixed Tsukumogami and Tsukumogami 2.0 portraits.
Fixed Augmented Security Firewalls going below 0 (again, and hopefully for the last time)

1/12-16

Added new portraits and builds(by me for the first time aside from drones :D) for Elite Interferer and Elite Engineer
Renamed Sniper to Sharpshooter
Renamed Scan Guard to Security Guard
Elite Engineer now has armor
Fixed crash upon guards spawning through elevators when guards per level are set to NONE

26/12-16
Patrol generation algorithm improved.
Electrical Interference, Mainframe Support and Long Range Sensors now stop when their owner is KOd.

23/1-17
Added Ghost unit and their elite variant
Added Thor unit and their elite variant
Added OMNI Hunter

New loot drops for most guards
In hard mode, Augmented and Advanced Security benefit from rising firewalls even when fully hacked
Tsukumogami 2.0 starts with magnetic reinforcement
Fixed Silent Sprint Pads not making moving silent for Elite Assault
Improved performance of patrol generation
In hard mode scan grenades can be thrown from close range
Elite Engineers now may be accompanied by a Support Drone instead of an Obake Drone

8/2-17
Fixed Electrical Interference Issue
Fixed compability between Electrical Interference and Pulse Daemon
Fixed drones placed by Drone Engineers having no patrol
Fixed final mission error
Minor patrol generation fix
Drone Reactor Booster now works by modifying drones' max mp instead of mp. The consequence is that observing their movements now shows the distance they will actually go instead of how far they would go if their reactor was not boosted
Tiles that are behind cover but in sight of Sharpshooters now show up as watched instead of hidden, and tiles behind cover but in sight of Surveillance Security show up as noticed
Cooperative pathfinder is now unbound, meaning observe and tag will show guards' complete path even if they have very high mp.

28/2-17
Sharpshooter has been reworked
Reduced PSI and Elite PSI ap
Fixed Elite Thor having no sound effect for adaptive hardening
Fixed Alarm State Synchronization cancelling out other ap increasing effects
Fixed Quantum Uplink effects lingering after using a rewind
Fixed new Omni guards not spawning outside Omni levels
Added sound effects for Regenerative Nanocells, Neurostim Brain Implant, Drone Reactor Booster and Alarm State Synchronization

16/3-17
Fixed pathfinder ending one tile short if a guard would only move orthogonally for one turn
Fixed stationary guard patrols not being generated when extended patrols were off
Fixed new Sankaku Guards not spawning through elevators
Neurostim Brain Implant has been tweaked, and consecutive triggers give diminishing effect
Drone Engineers now work slightly differently, as to not flood levels with low-tier drones
Holographic Pinpointing now remains even if the turn is ended while seen by the Sharpshooter
Spawn chance of Omni Hacker increased slightly
New Omni Guards can now be "the last" human guard in Sankaku levels
Elite Support Guard has been removed, Elite Sharpshooter has been added

19/3-17

Assault Enforcers have been removed, Inspectors have been added.
Assaults and Elite Assaults have short vision.
System Admins now are a separate toggle.
Added an option to rebalance the Validate Daemon.
Guards with 135 degree peripheral vision now have larger lookaround vision.
Omni killers now carry normal grenades.
Fixed drones with Boosted Reactors not going as far as they were supposed to.
Prototype Security have only 1 firewall when spawning through an elevator.
Drones spawned by Engineers now carry power and have less firewalls.

6/5-17

If alarm types is set to advanced (by dlc) having revamped omni on will cause an omni guard to spawn instead of an enforcer at the second stage of hacking the security hub.
Guards now update correctly when adding multiple peripheral/sprint interests in a row.
Added graphics for sprinters and assaults by Shirsh.
Ghosts have a new ability instead of Ultraviolet Spectrometer.
Slightly increased scan range of Tsukumogami Drones.
Elite Assaults now have Armor 1.
Harbingers now have somewhat longer patrols even after patrols change.
Pulse Drones don't get magical vision when facing diagonally.
Guards no longer move too short on their first turn.
Looking-around vision of augmented, prototype, and advanced security is now smaller.
Looking-around vision in hard mode is now smaller.
Hackers no longer recapture more than one device per turn in hard mode.
Other tiny adjustions to hard mode.
Fixed Electrical Interference reducing cooldown to lower than they started with (and generally improved accuracy).
Thor Units now fire more shots when their firewall is high.
Long Range Sensors no longer trigger on KOd agents.
Fixed error when killing a Sharpshooter.

9/5-17

Added graphics for Elite Sharpshooter, including portrait and recap icon.

17/5-17

Reduced range of Tsukumogami V2.0's Pulse Scanner.
Drone Engineers' ability to spawn drones has once again been redesigned.
Ghost Units' field of view no longer disappears when invisisble if Danger Zones are set to be shown.
Elite Sharpshooters' art has been improved.

22/8-17

Support Drones will now attack agents in sight by shooting grenades at them.
KO Overloader has been renamed to Feedback Overloader. It can now trigger when the guard is killed, but it also causes the guard to be ko for longer if the damage dealt to him is less than the damage dealt by the overloader itself.

Fixed Support Drones playing the wrong sound when the New Items and Augments mod is installed.
Fixed Interferers crashing when killed.

25/8-17

Fixed bug when items without a cooldown were affected by electrical interference or a pulse grenade.

3/9-17

Fixed another crash related to Interferers.
Interferers now work better with area of effect weapons like grenades and shock traps.

17/9-17

System Admins can no longer use their Panic Button if it's alarm level 5 or higher.
Prototype Security no longer benefits from a firewall higher than 3.
Added portraits for Sprinters (WIP)

8/10-17

Added options for Guard Communication and Guard Suspiciousness.

9/10-17

Improved Sprinter portrait.
Added Assault portrait.
Fixed the On Guard trait sometimes being visible after the guard got alerted.
Patrol changes, scans and guard communication no longer raise suspiciousness.
Fixed crash in the case that there are no empty cells next to a guard that another guard is communicating with.

13/10-17

Breaking firewalls so longer raise suspiciousness of Omni Hackers and Modded MKX.
Tweaked Guard Communication further.

8/1-18

Reduced the peripheral vision of alternative tier 1 guards slightly.
Reduced the amount of AP given by Silent Sprint Pads by 1.
Fixed the tooltip of Holographic Pinpointing so that all of it fits.
Fixed a crash.

Feel free to discuss the mod on our Discord: https://discordapp.com/invite/aQrXEse

workshop-569390373.zip

On 25.1.2017 at 9:27 AM, Cyberboy2000 said:

Added OMNI Hunter, Ghost Unit and Thor Unit. If you've been on this forum long enough you should recognize at least one of those names, but I'll be impressed if you remember all of them.

Why yes, I remember seeing the Hunter in the game (or was it another of the unreleased OMNI guards) when playing in dev mode. Also ghosts have been a discussion if  they could be easily implemented from the files that still had some code in them (and they had been a while in your mod, just never completly implemented). Thor was the only one I never really heard of, but I remeber reading his description ones.

14 minutes ago, HumanKirby said:

Why yes, I remember seeing the Hunter in the game (or was it another of the unreleased OMNI guards) when playing in dev mode.

I think it's both actually.

Also ghosts have been a discussion if  they could be easily implemented from the files that still had some code in them (and they had been a while in your mod, just never completly implemented).

The answer to that question is no it's not easy. As you have already seen this wasn't my first attempt.

Thor was the only one I never really heard of, but I remeber reading his description ones.

I won't say where it came from, someone else will have to guess first :twisted: 

3 hours ago, Cyberboy2000 said:

I think it's both actually.

Yes, thats very true. It was both, I even found a picture showing it.

The answer to that question is no it's not easy. As you have already seen this wasn't my first attempt.

Yes, I remember the discusion. I even remember someone bringing up unitghost.lua, which didnt have anything to do with it, just because it had ghost in its name

I won't say where it came from, someone else will have to guess first :twisted: 

Well, I found out that they aperantly are mentioned in my wiki logs mod in compination with K&O as there best elite guards, which in turn I had from the Invisible Inc wikia. Googleing also resulted in this post

So it seems that it was planed content or even in one of the very pre-early access builds. But really, except for these text excerpts, I have never seen anything else from them.

3 hours ago, HumanKirby said:

Well, I found out that they aperantly are mentioned in my wiki logs mod in compination with K&O as there best elite guards, which in turn I had from the Invisible Inc wikia. Googleing also resulted in this post

Hide contents

So it seems that it was planed content or even in one of the very pre-early access builds. But really, except for these text excerpts, I have never seen anything else from them.

There are also these discussions:

Those were good times. I just wish I had made a copy of the scripts.

I am pretty sure Thor was just a code name for Heavy Security.

On 26.01.2017 at 7:20 PM, HumanKirby said:

Why yes, I remember seeing the Hunter in the game (or was it another of the unreleased OMNI guards) when playing in dev mode. Also ghosts have been a discussion if  they could be easily implemented from the files that still had some code in them (and they had been a while in your mod, just never completly implemented). Thor was the only one I never really heard of, but I remeber reading his description ones.

Ghosts code was removed in release version, same as random events code etc, even with early access build on hand (I don't have it now) it was over the top work to recreate it, in EA version there was code for "cloak" perk for example, that made enemies use that opacity shader and iirk also made them and their fov seen only in certain radius.

@Cyberboy2000 did you put in game old tanky akuma btw? Maybe there's a place for it possible? Also, can you make sysadmins using separate option please? Sometimes it's just a mood to have more classic experience, without cat'n'mouse game with them every round while still with other new guards.

15 hours ago, Shirsh said:

Ghosts code was removed in release version, same as random events code etc, even with early access build on hand (I don't have it now) it was over the top work to recreate it, in EA version there was code for "cloak" perk for example, that made enemies use that opacity shader and iirk also made them and their fov seen only in certain radius.

There actually was still some code left, namely the code for melee ai, which I'm glad for because that was the hardest part to get right even with the old code there. I don't know if you have tested the new guards, but the Ghost does have cloaking ability, even if it is a bit different.

15 hours ago, Shirsh said:

@Cyberboy2000 did you put in game old tanky akuma btw? Maybe there's a place for it possible? Also, can you make sysadmins using separate option please? Sometimes it's just a mood to have more classic experience, without cat'n'mouse game with them every round while still with other new guards.

Is it still in the game? I've been wanting to do that but I though the only old drone that was left was the Obake 2, which I used for enforcer drones.

14 hours ago, Shirsh said:

I think I should make some skins for this guys then:

Omni hunter
KO Thor unit (+elite)
Ghost (+elite) if they are not replacement for Psi
KO Sprinter

Awesome! Just wanted to say that for some reason I imagine Ghosts as having stylized, dyed hair but feel free to do what you want if you have a better idea. Also this is probably obvious but Thor should probably look more mechanical than the augmented security. Maybe they should have exoskeletons instead of standard augmentations, considering that Plastech controls majority of the augmentation market and K&O be K&O.

52 minutes ago, Cyberboy2000 said:

Awesome! Just wanted to say that for some reason I imagine Ghosts as having stylized, dyed hair but feel free to do what you want if you have a better idea. Also this is probably obvious but Thor should probably look more mechanical than the augmented security. Maybe they should have exoskeletons instead of standard augmentations, considering that Plastech controls majority of the augmentation market and K&O be K&O.

I think that the Ghost unit totaly need "Draco Sunglasses (TM)", they just deserve this because they are pretty badass.

Is it still in the game? I've been wanting to do that but I though the only old drone that was left was the Obake 2, which I used for enforcer drones.

Oh, my mistake I thought James add it in anim examples but there only new akumas.

4 hours ago, Cyberboy2000 said:

wanted to say that for some reason I imagine Ghosts as having stylized, dyed hair

3 hours ago, HumanKirby said:

I think that the Ghost unit totaly need "Draco Sunglasses (TM)"

I was more into something like good old mk 1 image but now idk how it will go :indecisiveness:

here's yesterday evening remixes (I'm lazy so it's really just a remixes of different guys), that's a KO Assault unit (finally) and probably Sprinter, and teaser of another agent mod, that suddenly slightly more upcoming than day before

71daeece63.png

also wow, new options for images on a forum, pretty awesome (or it's old but I missed them).

(I hope this is the right place for reporting bugs)
@Cyberboy2000
So I've been playing with your mod enabled for a couple of days now and when I was playing earlier the following happened:
The animations of my agents were suddenly really weird, for example on my screenshot you can see Internationale running in place and she also didn't do an animation when peeking through a door. At the beginning of my next turn most of the information and options were gone and upon saving and reloading a message popped up saying there was an error loading.
20170208154233_1.jpg20170208154319_1.jpg20170208154337_1.jpg

7 hours ago, Cyberboy2000 said:

Sharpshooters have been reworked. They no longer see through cover.

I really love your rework of it, but Im not sure how it might play out in the early game if you meet them without being prepaired.

Edit: Also new sound effects, yeah.

Archived