<default>'s winter-themed reskins (and more)

On 3.01.2017 at 10:45 PM, DragonMage156 said:

It looks awesome! 0u0

Thanks!

On 4.01.2017 at 1:50 AM, minespatch said:

Eyyy, this would look nice with her Guest of Honor skin. The pickelhobin point at the top is a nice touch.

Well, the colors match her regular self/Battle Spear, but I could make a GoH-colored version an optionable skin.

---

The Festive Pack is still actively developed. I don't have anything to show though, because all major changes are features/fixes in code.

I've been also annoying Fidooop lately, and with a bit of his help I made the Pack compatible with Modded Skins API.

You'll also be able to Festivize existing Chests with Festive Chest Kits, there will be improvements to bodyslot clothing code (making it far more compatible and fixed on mod characters), and more.

People who use Festive Pack along with Modded Skins API, will have additional skin options.

There will be also new Global Reskins coming (Global Reskins can be turned on and off in Mod Configs already).

However all of this means, that the update may be released in a quite far future, unless I decide to cut the content into pieces.

I want this mod to become the go-to christmas mod for all DST players (if it already isn't one), compatible with everything (well, everything that isn't horribly coded).

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Arlesienne said:

@PanAzej, could you please send me the speech files of Little My and Barczak as a ZIP/RAR on Steam? I am having issues subscribing to the mods and I should have ready-hand references if we are to have custom speech addons for them. Also, prefab names. Thanks in advance.

Oh, right. I also have plans for those characters, but I'm considering a full re-release of them, with redrawn graphics and properly implemented skin options using the API.

Also, new code and new abilities for some characters. I have a far better understanding of modding than I had while making Mala Mi, haha.

I'll add you on Steam, sure!

I'm focusing on the Festive Pack, so I'm not sure how the character updates will go (and how many of them I'll be able to make). We'll see.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, PanAzej said:

Oh, right. I also have plans for those characters, but I'm considering a full re-release of them, with redrawn graphics and properly implemented skin options using the API.

Also, new code and new abilities for some characters. I have a far better understanding of modding than I had while making Mala Mi, haha.

I'll add you on Steam, sure!

I'm focusing on the Festive Pack, so I'm not sure how the character updates will go (and how many of them I'll be able to make). We'll see.

Thank you very much! You should have a few comments from me on your mods, topmost the Festive Pack. The Sunshine Sanctuary for Sick Dragons avatar should be recognisable enough ;).

• Like 1

On 10.01.2017 at 0:16 PM, Arlesienne said:

The Sunshine Sanctuary for Sick Dragons avatar should be recognisable enough ;).

I thought it was Jurassic Park logo before going to your profile, haha.

new_skins.jpg

Another batch of ideas. These are all major new skins that are going to be introduced to the pack.

Oh, also WX's item will come sometime in the future. And I'm gonna call it 'finished' after that. There will probably be a few more Global Reskins, though.

Ah, and Wendy's costume is a Hibearnation Vest reskin.

Edited by PanAzej
  • Like 12

Just now, PanAzej said:

new_skins.jpg

Another batch of ideas. These are all major new skins that are going to be introduced to the pack.

Oh, also WX's item will come sometime in the future. And I'm gonna call it 'finished' after that. There will probably be a few more Global Reskins, though.

This is adorable! Will the wreath glow? Wouldn't want it to repel Charlie and break the game, BUT... glowing lamps!

Just now, Arlesienne said:

This is adorable! Will the wreath glow? Wouldn't want it to repel Charlie and break the game, BUT... glowing lamps!

Thank you! Well, I think I'm going to make it craftable with garland + lightbulbs. Maybe it'll spoil much faster (in a day/two or so, to keep it balanced).

But yeah, those will glow!

• Like 2

13 hours ago, PanAzej said:

new_skins.jpg

1. Oh, also WX's item will come sometime in the future. And I'm gonna call it 'finished' after that. There will probably be a few more Global Reskins, though.
  2. Ah, and Wendy's costume is a Hibearnation Vest reskin.

How could they open the packaged crock-pot?:wilson_ecstatic:

Nice redesign of the wreath-hat to be lights.

Is that supposed to be a figgy pudding chest?

On 14.01.2017 at 4:28 AM, minespatch said:

How could they open the packaged crock-pot?

The lid and the pot are packaged separately!

On 14.01.2017 at 4:28 AM, minespatch said:

Is that supposed to be a figgy pudding chest?

It's more of a cake, but it can be considered a pudding as well.

New update released. Finally.

Changelog:
- Added compatibility with Modded Skins API. To download it, go to:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=835602689
You don't have to use the API, however running it is better for optimization.
To add something sweet for using it - you'll also receive new skin options.
- Festivized items now remember their non-festive counterpart's item skin upon crafting;
- Unfestivized chests won't despawn on game load if this mod is disabled (you still have to launch the game with it enabled at least once for this change to be applied, though!).
- Festive Chest Kit can be used to "Festivize" existing chests from now on;
- Festive Chest Kit is now stackable! Up to 10 Kits in a single stack;
- Festive Chests can no longer be "Unfestivized" while burning/burnt;
- Mod has been switched from using DarkXero's prototyper code to custom_tech_tree API;
- Improved bodyslot items code - fixed some bugs related to player skins, also - now fully compatible with most of modded characters!
- Fixed Wolfgang Statue's "Retrieve Hat" action not working on clients;
- Added Festive Battle Helm! Craftable only by Wigfrid;
- Added Modded Skins API exclusive item: Festive Crockpot!

20170120234031_1.jpg

Whew. If anything breaks, please let me know.

• Like 7

19 hours ago, minespatch said:

The bow for the pot and lid are lined aesthetically together. That's why I was asking.

I know, I know...

12 hours ago, DragonMage156 said:

What's the thing on the ground? Another crock pot pot?

It's a Festive Crockpot Kit.

Just like Festive Chest Kit, it can be used either to build a new Crockpot or to festivize an existing one. Festivizing an object doesn't consume the Kit.

20170128041821_1.jpg

A preview of the final update. Yes, the final update. These 2 skins are the last ones I'm going to add, I'm sorry.

Eyebrella reskin (craftable only by WX-78) and Chest reskin (Modded Skins API exclusive). Coming soon*

*Valve time

• Like 9

Alright, so the final update has been released:

Changelog:
- Fixed equippable items rarity colors while Modded Skins API is enabled;
- Fixed some items not having proper descriptions while Modded Skins API is enabled;
- Added a new Modded Skins API exclusive: Cake Chest skin!
- Added a new item: Festive Eyebrella! Craftable only by WX-78.

Mod link.

So, my Festive Pack adds quite a sizable portion of free skins and some new items, and it's finished, at last.

Hopefully it will be used by someone in the future. Have fun and whatnot.

This thread can be closed and all, I'm done here.

And thanks for coming here and commenting/liking this stuff, it helped me a bit.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, minespatch said:

Ah, that's right. You did say the thread is closed, didn't read further into that statement. Thanks for telling me.

To be fair, I wanted to implement my version of the giftwrap (because all assets are already done), but after having some troubles with implementing it I decided to not touch Festive Pack anymore.

The Pack works now, and maybe its code is not perfect, but I also don't want to break anything at this point.

Edited by PanAzej
  • Like 1

I'm replying to this thread since there isn't a comment section on the mod page.

There is an issue with this mod where anytime you build something and try to place it, it doesn't work. When you click on the ground after crafting a structure, instead of placing the structure like normal it just closes the crafting tab.

This was an amazing mod and it's a shame to see it not working. If you were to ever fix this mod that would be great.