<default>'s winter-themed reskins (and more)

17 hours ago, DragonMage156 said:

Idk if Webber should look snowy as well to match the spiders or not.

His item was supposed to be a full-body suit that makes him look like a snowman at first, but now I think it'd be just too much additional work.

20 hours ago, Mobbstar said:

More metal than The Snow Queen?

Well, that's for you to judge!

Here's the preview:

warrior_spider.jpg

I'd give him 9.9/10 on the "metal" scale.

• Like 9

18 hours ago, minespatch said:

Spider king is a awesome upgrade! Though I imagine him slightly smaller to emulate spider mating dynamic.

It's not really a King, just a Warrior, but I'm glad you like it!

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=818038080

Changelog:
* Added Festive Spider Eggs - craftable only by Webber;
* Added Festive Abigail's Flower - craftable only by Wendy.

Coding the un-festivizing of Spider Dens and Eggs was hell, but finally, the update is live!

newupdate.jpg

---

I'm going to take a break from developing this mod. Not sure when and if it will be finished (I mean, I could just call the mod "finished" now, and it'd be all good).

I'll keep fixing bugs that people found and stuff, but that's enough working for me.

However, that doesn't mean I'm completely dropping this mod. I'll most probably continue it, just working much slower, compared to everyday work until now.

Oh, and have some dam fine and merry Christmas.

Edited by PanAzej
merry xmas ppl cmon
  • Like 6

15 hours ago, Mobbstar said:

I really gotta play with Webber sometime :p

Building snowmen here and there :p They'll look out of place in the summer, heh.

festive_lucy.jpg

Festive Lucy. Nothing too crazy here.

She plays bell sounds while chopping, attacking, and when she's being equipped.

I had to change the design to fit in the .tex file, since unpacking swap animation worked, but swapping those symbols back into a character build is a different story (tl;dr it didn't work, game only used the first frame of the symbol).

Oh, and the lights are constantly going on and off, to show that I've kinda put at least a bit of effort into this thing.

I have new dialogue lines for her written, but it seems that implementation of them is another story. I might skip making new voicelines for Lucy.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, minespatch said:

So the Scarecrow's dressing attribute is being given to the statues?

It's more like Pigmen - you can "give" the hat to a statue. You'll be able to "retrieve" it with a right-click though.

1 hour ago, Quoth143 said:

How do I get the statues?

What I've shown here is an entity with a very basic code, where I changed a part of the build through console. It's far from finished, but it will come in an update sometime "soon".

What I have in mind for this item - you'll be able to craft the stand - the very lowest part of the statue. That version is still movable.

You'll be able to "upgrade" it with more marble. "Upgraded" version can't be moved around anymore. Hammering will decrease the "level" of the statue, and will cause statue to drop marble that was used to upgrade it.

It will be possible to equip hats and "retrieve" them. Or just hammer the statue to get your hat back.

Statue's build was made with that in mind, so only thing I have to do now is coding.

Edited by PanAzej
oh, and make the hats actually look good on its head
  • Like 2

wolfg_statue.jpg

Every single hat has a different description when equipped on the statue. Every single statue stage has a different description as well. Wolfgang is the only character that can "upgrade" the statue.

Only thing that's left is to make the base movable.

Oh, also I gotta make a workaround for Woodie and his Lucy, since there's a bug that's quite hard to fix.

And then the update shall be released.

Edited by PanAzej
  • Like 5

Whew, the update is finally released.

I had no idea the game can get so buggy if I add a not-entirely perfect swappable symbol. I had to create a brand new build through trial and error. So, if anybody ever wanted to make a custom Chesspiece or any other kind of heavy statue that can be carried around, here's the build I made:

heavy_statue_swap.zip

No need to credit me or anything, just edit it and use if you want.

Update changelog:

- Fixed Festive Spider Dens, so that they drop proper loot;
- Fixed Wigfrid's handcuffs being visible while wearing Festive Suit or "Stylish" Sweater;
- Fixed some text strings;
- Added a new item: Festive Lucy the Axe! Craftable only by Woodie;
- Added a new item: The Wolfgang Statue! Craftable only by Wolfgang.

If anybody finds any bugs, please let me know.

Drawing as well as coding of Wolfgang's Statue was lots of fun!

amazingu.jpg

Is perfect. I love it.

So, 2 character-specific items left! Next update sometime in the future.

• Like 6

On 1.01.2017 at 11:04 PM, minespatch said:

um.pngAll hail the holy Wolfgang.

Offerings in form of food are welcome.

wathgrithr_festive.jpg

So, here's Wigfrid's Festive Battle Helm. I had a bit of a problem with this one, I wasn't satisfied with the design and kept redrawing it (that's why it was delayed).

I tried many color schemes, this one seems the most okay-ish, I'd say.

Design may still change, but not a whole lot.

Edited by PanAzej
  • Like 4