<default>'s winter-themed reskins (and more)

3 hours ago, minespatch said:

That right spider seems so friggin' smug. I wonder if he's emulating webber.

He's just sleeping... But you're right, he's looking quite smug while asleep :V

22 minutes ago, DragonMage156 said:

Omg, they're actually in the game now XD

Yup. I've gotta fix upper part of legs, because it looks like it was randomly cut off.

wickerbook1.jpg

Winterbottom's gotta have her new christmas item as well. 

Spine-chilling Tales freezes and deals some damage to all hostile mobs in an area. It also lowers temperature in an area, in a similar fashion to Luxury Fan. Also, it freezes ponds and 'regrows' ice rocks from puddles.

• Like 15

18 hours ago, minespatch said:

All wickerbottom needs is a festive wreath on her head and she could do one of those European outfits.

Hm, Garland reskin, maybe?

18 hours ago, DragonMage156 said:

Is it me or does she have Elsa's hair style? :p

Yup, it's the reference I was going for!

12 hours ago, Mobbstar said:

Does Wigfrid get festive furs? :D

I'd like to make some cool furs, but we'll see! Christmas is basically just around the corner, and I have lots of things I'd like to include.

tarubirdu.jpg

Festive Tallbird is a thing now.

• Like 11

3 hours ago, Arlesienne said:

Oh my, @PanAzej, this is amazing. I wish Willow could get some new item too, Wicker's new books is... cool :p... The tallbird stockings!

Glad you like it! Willow is going to get something new as well. All characters will be able to get something special, just for them.

pigfallo.jpg

Even more content! Reskins of Pig King, Pigman and Obelisks.

Beefalo Bell - uses Saddle slot. While equipped: the Beefalo doesn't lose loyalty. Breaks after few days.

• Like 14

On 23.11.2016 at 0:11 AM, DragonMage156 said:

Oh boy ^_^

Maybe we can have some sort of festive fire pit... like a fire place with tinsel or somethin.

17 hours ago, Mobbstar said:

We're not really allowed to make item skins in that sense. Besides, Klei might do it anyways.

This, basically. Except we kinda are allowed to add our skins :V Just not as marketable, steam inventory items. Actually, we should use this "choose your skin" feature for our festive packing paper options, it'd be pretty intuitive for players.

Klei might do something like that, yeah. I'm kinda worried that some of my stuff might become irrelevant when we get closer to Christmas, but we'll see.

Maybe I'll make a Festive Firepit when we'll know what Klei has to offer. It would be craftable using Festivizer/Festivizator*, the new prototyper machine, which works only during winter.

And here are Willow's Lighter and Lucy skins:

lighterlucy.jpg

*name not final

• Like 12

2 hours ago, Mobbstar said:

Actually actually, I was talking to @Dudedude for advice on that, since he already knows how to do that.

I added that in my Soldier mod as well if you'd like some reference :V

This feature was in a mod that added gloves (this is where I got most of the code from)

Edited by PanAzej
  • Like 1

Okay, so here's next character-specific item:

wxstuff.jpg

WX doesn't come with any items I could reskin. Reskinned gears don't make any sense and wouldn't be as cool as Wilson's beard or Lucy in a hat. New WX skin could work, but it would be a chore to code.

So, just like Wickerbottom, he gets a new item.

WX Expansion Pack - functions as a regular backpack and a portable Lightning Rod.

The interesting thing about it is that it can store WX's overcharge. While unequipping it, you lose "overcharged" status and all remaining overcharge is stored in this backpack. Every one of 3 lights on top of the backpack represent 33.3% of its overcharge capacity (when full, all of them light up, with 66% charge left one of them goes out, etc.).

Is this a good idea? Should I scrap it? Maybe you have a better suggestion? All opinions are welcome!

• Like 11