Sign in to follow this  
V2C

[Game Update] - Cute Fuzzy Animals (BETA 195732)

Recommended Posts

ItsPizzaTime    836
8 minutes ago, DarkXero said:

local CritterTraits = Class(function(self, inst)
    self.inst = inst

    --V2C: TODO stuff to affect pet behaviour depending on how they were raised
end)

return CritterTraits

 

Well from the looks of it they have plans for them to do a bit more than just tag along. I would like to also point out that although I was personally feeding mine monster meat I was hearing from others that candy from the pk does satisfy their hunger. Not sure if they have a hunger bar like us and different foods have different values or they just accept certain quantities of food that satisfy equal amounts of hunger.

Edited by ItsPizzaTime
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Storm137    921

Just got myself a kittycoon and it is the most adorable thing in the game. I like this guy a lot

 

BTW if you guys are going into danger and try to leave 'em behind using the gate... Apparently they pick locks. You cannot abandon them to go into danger so... I hope they're tanky.

Edited by Storm137
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sinister_Fang    9359
52 minutes ago, Storm137 said:

Just got myself a kittycoon and it is the most adorable thing in the game. I like this guy a lot

 

BTW if you guys are going into danger and try to leave 'em behind using the gate... Apparently they pick locks. You cannot abandon them to go into danger so... I hope they're tanky.

I've noticed that they have self preservation skills unlike glommer and chester. They tend to keep their distance when you're fighting something. I also haven't noticed anything actually targeting them as well. So keeping them out of danger is pretty easy.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Storm137    921
9 minutes ago, Sinister_Fang said:

I've noticed that they have self preservation skills unlike glommer and chester. They tend to keep their distance when you're fighting something. I also haven't noticed anything actually targeting them as well. So keeping them out of danger is pretty easy.

Good to know since Smallbirds well... They didn't exactly do well for themselves when faced with actually avoiding danger. (I'm wondering what'll happen when people use the ol'toothtrap field)

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tykvesh    662

I have cooked that royal jelly (dropped by bee queen) on cookpot and get 3 jellybeans. When eating it gives great heal buff within a certain time.

jelly2.png.d23a4ea7ce3fbcce94af619e9e8b8f21.png

*sorry for my english*

Edited by Tykvesh
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Shenny    69
6 minutes ago, Storm137 said:

Good to know since Smallbirds well... They didn't exactly do well for themselves when faced with actually avoiding danger. (I'm wondering what'll happen when people use the ol'toothtrap field)

They don't take damage from it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Shenny    69

Anyone having problems with sinkholes showing this weird icon that can't be broken through? Trying to see if it's the mods we just installed, like I'm sure it is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ellundel    10

How does one FIGHT the Bee Queen? I found the hive but I can't seem to interact with it at all. :c

Edit: Should have guessed -> Smash it with a Hammer (Duh) Anyone know how much HP she has roughly??

Also here are the Pet Recipe(s) on one screenshot; hopefully this helps people (like me) remember them. I added the 'pet rock' for reference.

Pet Recipe(s).jpg

Edited by Ellundel
Image
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
M.P    46

What's the other ingredient for Broodling? Is it something new? (I haven't got the chance to check the new update)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wait, does the Jelly even do anything yet, besides health/sanity/hunger regeneration and jellybeans? Because it seems kinda stupid to try fighting her just for some jelly. It didn't make bees like me or anything.

I thought you might be able to plant the jellybeans, but nope.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Michi01    1774

So the pets need to be fed to stay alive or not? When I was testing it earlier after the update the animal was eventually referred to as "starving" when putting the mouse over it but there was no begging animation or different line from the character to indicate that it needs food.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ellundel    10
54 minutes ago, Tykvesh said:

16,000 HP.

Wonderful, thanks! Think this is a 'bring a friend' boss, far to much HP to solo as it moves like the Dragonfly so no chance to really kite it.

 

23 minutes ago, Tykvesh said:

Kill Extra Adorable Lavae by freezing.

Correct. The Larae from the Dragonfly is needed to make the Broodling. Hatch it next to an ordinary fire and then stick it next to an endothermic fire to kill it. (It's ok, think of it as reincarnation!)

Edited by Ellundel
Spelling/Grammer
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Arlesienne    8987
8 hours ago, V2C said:
  • Look for the Rock Den to pick up your pet!

LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!

On 25.05.2016 at 6:53 PM, Arlesienne said:

Equipped with battle gear, food and all you may need for this harrowing challenge, you gather your party and venture forth embark on a journey to one of the most dangerous surface biomes - the desert with hound mounds. You have to find a good time when the adults are distracted, get close enough to such a lair and quickly snatch a puppy.

from

8 hours ago, V2C said:
  • Added Fences and Gates.
  • Added growable Marble Shrubs.
  • End Tables can now be decorated with fresh flower arrangements.
  • Friendly Scarecrow can now be dressed up.
  • Doubled drop rate for Glowcap Blueprint.

This is what I needed in my life!

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Storm137    921
36 minutes ago, Michi01 said:

So the pets need to be fed to stay alive or not? When I was testing it earlier after the update the animal was eventually referred to as "starving" when putting the mouse over it but there was no begging animation or different line from the character to indicate that it needs food.

Eventualy at least the kitty coon will start looking sickly and mewing a lot pawing at the air. That's the begging animation for "please feed me". The animation stopped when I fed it.

 

And is it just me or are these guys perfect for getting rid of food that's spoiled?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Arlesienne    8987
8 minutes ago, Storm137 said:

Eventualy at least the kitty coon will start looking sickly and mewing a lot pawing at the air. That's the begging animation for "please feed me". The animation stopped when I fed it.

 

And is it just me or are these guys perfect for getting rid of food that's spoiled?

I think birdcages have just got a more adorable alternative :D

That said, is it possible to give ownership to another player? Because I'd love to raise an army of meatbags for WX and Webber, and Mishka, and Wendy (that is @MeingroessterFan, @Fortie, @PandoMish, @Ootay and @Telltale_Abigail).

Just now, Storm137 said:

Every game potentially but seems you can only have one pet at a time. I tried to make a second kittycoon since I had the resources and the character said: "I already have a pet" and couldn't craft it. Not sure if it's only one of each pet or one pet in general.

What happens if you spawn yourself another through the console? Can't test it yet.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this