V2C

[Game Update] - Cute Fuzzy Animals (BETA 195732)

Wexton    459

I had an idea for the shadow atrium,what if you could use it at the rock den to make a shadow pet and make my dream of a cute little friendly terrorbeak true?

I have seen more people asking for a shadow pet,so maybe it could be crafteable with 4 nightmare fuels and the atrium,that way we have a use to it until they decide to add a better one (for now i am sure it will be something for the last update,something related to charlie)

Kinda hard to craft,but just look at the broodlin recipe which is something that is 50% dropable and also you need to grow it.

Edited by Wexton
  • Like 1

Sinister_Fang    8,174

Lots of people asking for shadow pets. I doubt that will ever happen. If you look into the lore of DS/T you find that They appear to be intelligent and malevolent. Unless you're on the throne, having one of Them as a pet wouldn't seem to fit well. Now normal pets that were corrupted by the shadows... now that could fit. But I can't see any of Them actually being pets.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, BOSSzombie said:

You know what could be a neat feature?

If the critters dropped a related item every few days. Would make the high cost for some of them worth it (You know, if having an adorable tiny animal isn't enough of a reward for you).

Maybe every 6-9 days your pet drops an item?

Kittycoon could drop something from the Catcoon's Gift table because they're just as prone to eating anything as an adult.

Vargling could drop a Hound's Tooth because they're teething from growing.

Ewelet could drop a Steel Wool because they're shedding fur from growing.

Broodling could drop Scales because they're shedding skin from growing.

Glomglom could drop Glommer's Goop because it's just a tinier Glommer.

It would work out great because the requirements to make some of the more difficult pets could pay off (Especially with how hard it is to get a Lavae for the Broodling).

Scales? That is quiet the overkill.

BOSSzombie    221
Just now, HeilerderWelten said:

Scales? That is quiet the overkill.

Is it though? Because not only do you have to kill a Dragonfly in order to get a Lavae Egg, you have to get lucky when killing a Dragonfly in order to get the Lavae Egg (It's not a guaranteed drop).

Requiring a Lavae to make a Broodling makes me feel like it's not outrageous at all for it drop a single Scales item every week so.

And it's not like Scales are the only reason to kill Dragonflies anymore, what with the Scaled Furnace Blueprint now being in game. All that having Scales drop a little easier does is let you make more Scaled Chests/Floors/Armor.

• Like 1

CaptainChaotica    4,481

Yeah...I'm not feeling the shadow-pet vibe, either.  I don't think EVERY creature in the game should have a potential pet version, especially not the ones that symbolise your very mind tearing itself apart from the horror, the constant danger, the _endless bleak loneliness_ (in singleplayer)...no.

Cute puppy versions of hounds that normally want to eat you yes...adorable fluffy pieces of the fear of darkness itself...Idunthinkso.

I agree on BossZombie's idea, though.   I suck at killing Dragonflies and it's hard to get enough scales to like, actually _do_ anything with them, it would be amazing to finally HAVE some.  Like, at all.  Besides, I imagine the drop rate for the scales from a broodling would be way, way slower than, say, catcoon hairball-objects.  If this did happen, I would assume the drop rates of the materials from each pet type would be proportionate to how difficult it is to get said pet in the first place/the normal rarity of said item in the game.

...Notorious

• Like 3

matthoffman    68
5 hours ago, CaptainChaotica said:

Yeah...I'm not feeling the shadow-pet vibe, either.  I don't think EVERY creature in the game should have a potential pet version, especially not the ones that symbolise your very mind tearing itself apart from the horror, the constant danger, the _endless bleak loneliness_ (in singleplayer)...no.

Cute puppy versions of hounds that normally want to eat you yes...adorable fluffy pieces of the fear of darkness itself...Idunthinkso.

I agree on BossZombie's idea, though.   I suck at killing Dragonflies and it's hard to get enough scales to like, actually _do_ anything with them, it would be amazing to finally HAVE some.  Like, at all.  Besides, I imagine the drop rate for the scales from a broodling would be way, way slower than, say, catcoon hairball-objects.  If this did happen, I would assume the drop rates of the materials from each pet type would be proportionate to how difficult it is to get said pet in the first place/the normal rarity of said item in the game.

...Notorious

You mean a system like the buddy feature in Pokemon Go: Walk (X) units alongside your pet and get (Y) items?

• Like 2

matthoffman    68

Please add a peanut butter recipe in future so I can have my "peanut butter jelly time" moment ;)

Edited by matthoffman
  • Like 3

AnonymousKoala    3,635
11 hours ago, BOSSzombie said:

Is it though? Because not only do you have to kill a Dragonfly in order to get a Lavae Egg, you have to get lucky when killing a Dragonfly in order to get the Lavae Egg (It's not a guaranteed drop).

Requiring a Lavae to make a Broodling makes me feel like it's not outrageous at all for it drop a single Scales item every week so.

And it's not like Scales are the only reason to kill Dragonflies anymore, what with the Scaled Furnace Blueprint now being in game. All that having Scales drop a little easier does is let you make more Scaled Chests/Floors/Armor.

You don't have to kill dfly for scales though, only hit it enough and deal enough damage(still not too simple of a task but it's less bad). However, the egg does require a kill. So you do have a point.

b1b3r0n    175

I first though that each pet would have a specific d'en and a specific training...

I think that the devs says it' sur not finish yet, wait and see!

DarkXero    2,885
On 3/11/2016 at 11:40 PM, V2C said:

Added the Bee Queen and her Grumble Bee guardians.

I was told that bee guards could stunlock you to death, and I saw that they don't have

inst.components.combat:SetPlayerStunlock(PLAYERSTUNLOCK.RARELY)

like normal bees do.

I can see guards overwhelming a person in the late stages.

Maybe put SOMETIMES or OFTEN?

• Like 1

MrFurphie    207
On 11/5/2016 at 5:21 AM, Wexton said:

I had an idea for the shadow atrium,what if you could use it at the rock den to make a shadow pet and make my dream of a cute little friendly terrorbeak true?

I have seen more people asking for a shadow pet,so maybe it could be crafteable with 4 nightmare fuels and the atrium,that way we have a use to it until they decide to add a better one (for now i am sure it will be something for the last update,something related to charlie)

Kinda hard to craft,but just look at the broodlin recipe which is something that is 50% dropable and also you need to grow it.

Just go godmode and be insane then spawn in a terrorbeak with its scale set to 0.5

• Like 2

Wexton    459
43 minutes ago, MrFurphie said:

Just go godmode and be insane then spawn in a terrorbeak with its scale set to 0.5

Good idea!

Now time to wait for it to stop bitting my feet,i need those.

ExtollerOfTrolls    1,716
On 11/6/2016 at 3:20 AM, matthoffman said:

Please add a peanut butter recipe in future so I can have my "peanut butter jelly time" moment ;)

Peanuts might be fun! We could have planting pots for trees and canaries and only canaries drop special seeds, rarely, so you can grow rare trees like peanuts, apples, and peaches!

But the planting pot would have to be very difficult to craft. Snurtle shell armor and a bucket o poop might be good, considering I've never even seen a snurtle in game, and they are quite tricky to kill, apparently.

And the seeds would have to be rare.

• Like 2

graycrayon    307

Am I the only one who finds it odd that these updates are starting to slowly become more domestic? 

Gates, pets, animal domestication, new means of agriculture... camps are starting to become more and more indulgent to the point where I'm starting to get suspicious that the survivors have just given up on escaping altogether. (This is purely coming from a plot related perspective btw; in terms of gameplay this only enhances the experience. I love my stead and my smol pup and my oddly sensual scarecrow)

It's less "uncompromising wilderness survival" than it used to be is all I'm sayin'.

Unless all these goodies are trying to lull us into a false sense of security. 

I don't trust this for one minute. I'm onto you, Klei.

• Like 2

minespatch    64,082
7 minutes ago, graycrayon said:

Unless all these goodies are trying to lull us into a false sense of security

Just want Charlie wants~ :wilson_sneaky:

CaptainChaotica    4,481

Da da da daaaa!  Finally got my own fuzzy friend--after travelling waaaaayyyy across the world to the far edge of the desert and dodging the Dragonfly and hound-mound hounds to even find the lair thingie--everybody say hi to...Loki the Kitcoon!

B00A58B5BD6DECBA3705D51D5848C48AAA6FC891

(Yes, that's a Norse mythology name.  He's also the god of FIRE, however.  It's a crossover Willow/Wigfrid name, I guess.)

Also on the same day I got a Webber bandaged body, my VERY FIRST DISTINGUISHED EVER OMG.  Survivor skin _and_ cat?  Best.  Day.  Ever.

...Notorious

Edited by CaptainChaotica
  • Like 3

AnonymousKoala    3,635
2 minutes ago, CaptainChaotica said:

Da da da daaaa!  Finally got my own fuzzy friend--after travelling waaaaayyyy across the world to the far edge of the desert and dodging the Dragonfly and hound-mound hounds to even find the lair thingie--everybody say hi to...Loki the Kitcoon!

?id=795798191

(Yes, that's a Norse mythology name.  He's also the god of FIRE, however.  It's a crossover Willow/Wigfrid name, I guess.)

Also on the same day I got a Webber bandaged body, my VERY FIRST DISTINGUISHED EVER OMG.  Survivor skin _and_ cat?  Best.  Day.  Ever.

...Notorious

Ayyy grats on the Webbody and the kitty. Now time to adopt Fenrir and watch the little pupper make you wish all hounds were like him.

Sinister_Fang    8,174
1 hour ago, graycrayon said:

Gates, pets, animal domestication, new means of agriculture... camps are starting to become more and more indulgent to the point where I'm starting to get suspicious that the survivors have just given up on escaping altogether. (This is purely coming from a plot related perspective btw

Well, you can only try to escape for so long before you break. Trying to escape from an entirely different world doesn't sound like an easy thing to do. If They brought you here then the best way to return is if They bring you back. And I don't think trying to reason with Them is going to turn out well. The way I see it, everyone has already been broken and decided to just start a new life here instead of wasting more time trying to accomplish a task that just might be impossible. At least Charlie is keeping things interesting for everybody.

graycrayon    307
4 minutes ago, Sinister_Fang said:

Well, you can only try to escape for so long before you break. Trying to escape from an entirely different world doesn't sound like an easy thing to do. If They brought you here then the best way to return is if They bring you back. And I don't think trying to reason with Them is going to turn out well. The way I see it, everyone has already been broken and decided to just start a new life here instead of wasting more time trying to accomplish a task that just might be impossible. At least Charlie is keeping things interesting for everybody.

Ah yes my favorite Klei game: Don't Fall Into The Pit of Despair; Now with gates!

• Like 3