[Game Update] - Cute Fuzzy Animals (BETA 195732)

11 hours ago, BOSSzombie said:

Is it though? Because not only do you have to kill a Dragonfly in order to get a Lavae Egg, you have to get lucky when killing a Dragonfly in order to get the Lavae Egg (It's not a guaranteed drop).

Requiring a Lavae to make a Broodling makes me feel like it's not outrageous at all for it drop a single Scales item every week so.

And it's not like Scales are the only reason to kill Dragonflies anymore, what with the Scaled Furnace Blueprint now being in game. All that having Scales drop a little easier does is let you make more Scaled Chests/Floors/Armor.

You don't have to kill dfly for scales though, only hit it enough and deal enough damage(still not too simple of a task but it's less bad). However, the egg does require a kill. So you do have a point.

On 3/11/2016 at 11:40 PM, V2C said:

Added the Bee Queen and her Grumble Bee guardians.

I was told that bee guards could stunlock you to death, and I saw that they don't have

inst.components.combat:SetPlayerStunlock(PLAYERSTUNLOCK.RARELY)

like normal bees do.

I can see guards overwhelming a person in the late stages.

Maybe put SOMETIMES or OFTEN?

• Like 1

On 11/5/2016 at 5:21 AM, Wexton said:

I had an idea for the shadow atrium,what if you could use it at the rock den to make a shadow pet and make my dream of a cute little friendly terrorbeak true?

I have seen more people asking for a shadow pet,so maybe it could be crafteable with 4 nightmare fuels and the atrium,that way we have a use to it until they decide to add a better one (for now i am sure it will be something for the last update,something related to charlie)

Kinda hard to craft,but just look at the broodlin recipe which is something that is 50% dropable and also you need to grow it.

Just go godmode and be insane then spawn in a terrorbeak with its scale set to 0.5

• Like 2

On 11/6/2016 at 3:20 AM, matthoffman said:

Please add a peanut butter recipe in future so I can have my "peanut butter jelly time" moment ;)

Peanuts might be fun! We could have planting pots for trees and canaries and only canaries drop special seeds, rarely, so you can grow rare trees like peanuts, apples, and peaches!

But the planting pot would have to be very difficult to craft. Snurtle shell armor and a bucket o poop might be good, considering I've never even seen a snurtle in game, and they are quite tricky to kill, apparently.

And the seeds would have to be rare.

• Like 2

Am I the only one who finds it odd that these updates are starting to slowly become more domestic? 

Gates, pets, animal domestication, new means of agriculture... camps are starting to become more and more indulgent to the point where I'm starting to get suspicious that the survivors have just given up on escaping altogether. (This is purely coming from a plot related perspective btw; in terms of gameplay this only enhances the experience. I love my stead and my smol pup and my oddly sensual scarecrow)

It's less "uncompromising wilderness survival" than it used to be is all I'm sayin'.

Unless all these goodies are trying to lull us into a false sense of security. 

I don't trust this for one minute. I'm onto you, Klei.

• Like 2

Da da da daaaa!  Finally got my own fuzzy friend--after travelling waaaaayyyy across the world to the far edge of the desert and dodging the Dragonfly and hound-mound hounds to even find the lair thingie--everybody say hi to...Loki the Kitcoon!

B00A58B5BD6DECBA3705D51D5848C48AAA6FC891

(Yes, that's a Norse mythology name.  He's also the god of FIRE, however.  It's a crossover Willow/Wigfrid name, I guess.)

Also on the same day I got a Webber bandaged body, my VERY FIRST DISTINGUISHED EVER OMG.  Survivor skin _and_ cat?  Best.  Day.  Ever.

...Notorious

Edited by CaptainChaotica
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, CaptainChaotica said:

Da da da daaaa!  Finally got my own fuzzy friend--after travelling waaaaayyyy across the world to the far edge of the desert and dodging the Dragonfly and hound-mound hounds to even find the lair thingie--everybody say hi to...Loki the Kitcoon!

?id=795798191

(Yes, that's a Norse mythology name.  He's also the god of FIRE, however.  It's a crossover Willow/Wigfrid name, I guess.)

Also on the same day I got a Webber bandaged body, my VERY FIRST DISTINGUISHED EVER OMG.  Survivor skin _and_ cat?  Best.  Day.  Ever.

...Notorious

Ayyy grats on the Webbody and the kitty. Now time to adopt Fenrir and watch the little pupper make you wish all hounds were like him.

1 hour ago, graycrayon said:

Gates, pets, animal domestication, new means of agriculture... camps are starting to become more and more indulgent to the point where I'm starting to get suspicious that the survivors have just given up on escaping altogether. (This is purely coming from a plot related perspective btw

Well, you can only try to escape for so long before you break. Trying to escape from an entirely different world doesn't sound like an easy thing to do. If They brought you here then the best way to return is if They bring you back. And I don't think trying to reason with Them is going to turn out well. The way I see it, everyone has already been broken and decided to just start a new life here instead of wasting more time trying to accomplish a task that just might be impossible. At least Charlie is keeping things interesting for everybody.

4 minutes ago, Sinister_Fang said:

Well, you can only try to escape for so long before you break. Trying to escape from an entirely different world doesn't sound like an easy thing to do. If They brought you here then the best way to return is if They bring you back. And I don't think trying to reason with Them is going to turn out well. The way I see it, everyone has already been broken and decided to just start a new life here instead of wasting more time trying to accomplish a task that just might be impossible. At least Charlie is keeping things interesting for everybody.

Ah yes my favorite Klei game: Don't Fall Into The Pit of Despair; Now with gates!

• Like 3

Pfff.  (laughs)  Reminds me a bit of a part in Markiplier's (early-beta) playthrough...I'm paraphrasing, but it was winter, they were both cold and near-starving, and Bob said something like "But on the plus side, my sanity is totally full."

MARK:  Well, it's a good thing the game is called "Don't Go Crazy", now, isn't it?!

: P

But fortunately, cute pets can help with both insanity AND despair.  :)

(Unfortunately, over at Camp One-Foot-in-the-Grave, Wigfrid will not be able to adopt Fenrir the Battle-Pup, as...that's an old save on the non-beta branch.  Whoops.)

...Notorious

• Like 2

Halloween has even been added to the world customisation so you can chose from no event or halloween event server . This has been a great patch . Only complain is pets , (thou I know that they are kinda WIP) they need more sounds and interactions with the player or/and the world around them .

• Like 1

I haven't posted in a while, but creating new thread for issues im having with current minor game mechanics and server-related stuff is not necessary I feel

Firstly: caves winters, I'm a caves buff and i spend 24/7 there if I can, they are rough, and to be honest a lot more rougher than they were before beta. Main reasons are every winter has 3-4 rain showers that require water protection AND winter protection at same time. Having eyebrella and puffy vest on - you still freeze in half a day when it rains even when completely dry. In overworld spring, as long as you keep yourself dry you do not freeze on opposite hand. Don't know if this was intended, but it makes life miserable in caves for winter.

Servers: the lag is through the roof with new additions of candy/trinklets/blueprints/marble. The amount of garbage on long-term server is OBSCENE. besides unfinished axes, shovels and pickaxes thrown away for lack of need, trinklets and candy is everywhere... I used to have 50+ people combined on my server with 7 servers active and was fine before beta, now once i get to 30 all servers start to choke. Soon you will need a small fortune to host a server.

Server crashes: I tried my best to report all server crashes and logs but at this point at lease 2-3 servers crash one or twice a day, I don't know if I should be reporting every goddamn crash, but this is getting very tedious to maintain 5+ servers

this is my 5 cents to current DST state. I know haloween candy will be ending soon, but for future reference maybe this can be done in less laggy way in future? (I'm sure something like this coming up for thanksgiving/christmass)

thank you for your time

Edited by artemiyME
  • Like 3