V2C

[Game Update] - Cute Fuzzy Animals (BETA 195732)

Aileen-Rose    5,087
Just now, Storm137 said:

I don't even have cats (allergies) and it sounds about right.

As someone who has a kitty, it's pretty close to the mark.

• Like 3

Sinister_Fang    8,135
3 minutes ago, Storm137 said:

I don't even have cats (allergies) and it sounds about right.

Awwwww... you poor and unfortunate soul. Being allergic to such adorable, silly and sometimes obnoxious creatures must be heartbreaking.

• Like 1

Storm137    918
12 minutes ago, Sinister_Fang said:

Awwwww... you poor and unfortunate soul. Being allergic to such adorable, silly and sometimes obnoxious creatures must be heartbreaking.

I make do, but it sucks. I do get to live vicariously through @Aileen-Rose when we skype and she's got her cat with her. So I'm not without the cuteness.

But if they ever develop a full out cure for cat allergy I'll be first in line. Then I'll be running to the animal shelter.

• Like 3

CaptainChaotica    4,348

AWWWWW!  All these pictures...  Must...have...kitcoon...And oh, my god, I could never ever hurt a pet, even if they are just pixels. The "I'm hungry" animation...and the fact that the still follow you _after death_...brb, heart breaking.

THAT'S what you have to do to get a broodling?  Wow, that's brutal! :( To get a pet one, you have to kill little Billy the Lavae, by the most cruel method possible to a fire-creature?  Dang, that's kinda dark even by THIS game's standards.  I don't wanna freeze Billy the Lavae!  I won't be able to cook my dinner on his back see his happy frolicking face anymore!

I'm still confused--how does the Queen Bee spawn?  Are she and her warriors/general area a set-piece like the toadstool, or does she just naturally spawn in an area with a lot of beehives after a while, or what...

As for the end tables--I've never managed to get a stagehand to follow me all the way home; they only bug me for a while and then stay in their forest.  I've also never crafted (?) a "normal" end table to put flowers on...or a cartography table...or a potter's wheel...or grown a marble shrub or made a gate or even put together any of the marble clockworks, let alone seen them do anything weird on the new moon I'm so behind

I love the idea of dressing up the scarecrow, though.  Mine is probably gonna end up wearing a lot of tan skirts and red hand covers.  : P

Edit: And yes, Storm, I too can verify that that sounds about EXACTLY what it's like to own (be owned by) a cat.  Completely.  "CAT?  What are you doing, you little weirdo?  Get down from the--NOO...!  No!  Stop that!  Oh, you little devil, how did you even find that, let alone knock it down?  Hff--I leave for two seconds and you've taken my chair."  Yep.  Sounds about right.

Wickerbottom and the kitcoon--yes.  That's pretty much what makes a place feel properly like home to me, too.  :)

...Notorious

Edited by CaptainChaotica
  • Like 4

Rellimarual    4,057

There should be a rock den on the map of my solo world somewhere, but I don't think I can bear re-exploring the entire thing to find it, especially when I can't be positive it's there. I did scan the rocky biome, but no dice and this might be the rare case where I'm willing to use the console to find something. 1) If there's a simpler legit way to locate the rocky den, what is it? 2) if not, how exactly do I invoke the console in DST (since escape doesn't work the way it does in single player) and what command should I use to transport myself to it?

MrDeepDarkmind    436
7 minutes ago, Rellimarual said:

There should be a rock den on the map of my solo world somewhere, but I don't think I can bear re-exploring the entire thing to find it, especially when I can't be positive it's there. I did scan the rocky biome, but no dice and this might be the rare case where I'm willing to use the console to find something. 1) If there's a simpler legit way to locate the rocky den, what is it? 2) if not, how exactly do I invoke the console in DST (since escape doesn't work the way it does in single player) and what command should I use to transport myself to it?

I know how it feels

c_gonext("critterlab")

thank me 

Ashkain    1,029
12 minutes ago, Rellimarual said:

Thank you! But how do I invoke the console in order to enter that command? 

Ask it kindly

Nah just hit ' (@, could be different on other keyboards, check the options)

Also if its not working, then you might have to hit Ctrl to change it to remote.

Edited by Ashkain

Fortie    944

So I was in a dedicated server hosted by a friend trying to look for The Rock Den and we ended up finding the Queen Bee Hive right at Pk.

20161104221407_1.jpg

• Like 1

bubben16    670

I like to look at the Broodling as that you freeze the lavae pet, then heat it up with the spicy chili, which somehow turns it into the broodling.

Yeah, thats much nicer than you killing it then using it as a sacrifice to summon its older brother.

• Like 2

CaptainChaotica    4,348

It also makes a bit more sense.  I mean, sure, Don't Starve uses dark magic sometimes, but I can't recall any other time actual sacrificing like, did something...

(...notwithstanding many players' _wishes_ that it did.  Such as sacrificing pretty flowers to Charlie to get rare drops--nice idea, doesn't work.  : P  If that worked I'd have shadow clothes by now.)

...Notorious

Rellimarual    4,057
1 hour ago, Ashkain said:

Nah just hit ' (@, could be different on other keyboards, check the options)

Also if its not working, then you might have to hit Ctrl to change it to remote.

On the Mac version it's ` (the accent) rather than ' (single dumb quote). Once I figured that out, it worked great. The rock den *was* on rocky turf, but it was on the rocky turf surrounded by savannah where tall birds and three walrus camps are found.

MrDeepDarkmind    436
8 minutes ago, ToxicBlitzX3 said:

I have a question, how do you exactly get the chilled lavae? 

I tried the ice staff on the extra adorawub lavae but it doens't seem to hit it

Hit it a few times with the ice staff and when its gonna break it turns into the chilled lavae

minespatch    61,589
33 minutes ago, Raven Crow said:

i like to see baby koalaphant , pigmen, bunnymen, depth worm or maybe shadowlings?

http://forums.kleientertainment.com/profile/848109-minespatch/?status=21761&type=status

Been hoping for hunchbeasts to have a growth cycle similar to Beefalo in a long while. It would help make their societies feel like they have a sense of history.

• Like 3