Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

Stonetribe

Spider Crabs (New Mob Idea/Indirect Webber Buff)

Stonetribe    471

Even with spider warriors now being venomous, I feel like Webber's main perk is largely rendered useless in Shipwrecked due to spiders being unable to follow you while sailing. So I was thinking, what if there was a new variation of spider that could traverse both land and water? A Spider Crab! (Actual spider crabs are neither arachnids nor land dwelling, but the name is good enough for Don't Starve to justify it as such) As a trade off for being amphibious, perhaps they would do slightly less damage or have less health. There would also be special spider crab dens that spawn in beach biomes. Webber could be able to craft them like you can with regular spider dens, using 24 sand in place of 6 papyrus.

Stonetribe    471

Oh cool! I'm glad to know that there are others who also want something like this to be added to Shipwrecked. Not much else for me to add then, other than that Sea Spiders are one other appropriately named real world animal that the mob could be based on.