MeingroessterFan

Mein "Artwork" Thread... please don't judge me for this

Arlesienne    8,985
On 10.04.2017 at 0:01 AM, MeingroessterFan said:

I gave colouring a chance. It didn't work.

7715f9feda.jpg

No, it did. Told you you're improving fast.

Arlesienne    8,985
8 hours ago, DragonMage156 said:

Rubbish? I disagree! It looks really cool!

Affirmative. It really shows progress. I'd hardly have enough patience to add so much depth to the cloak. Looking up!

• Like 2

MeingroessterFan    4,139

Thanks, guys. I got a bit lucky with the shading, it wasn't all that calculated and more of a happy little accident. 

Also, using the watercolour brush made me feel like I was back in my school's art class. Good times.

• Like 2

Arlesienne    8,985
7 hours ago, MeingroessterFan said:

Thanks, guys. I got a bit lucky with the shading, it wasn't all that calculated and more of a happy little accident. 

Also, using the watercolour brush made me feel like I was back in my school's art class. Good times.

The best of things happen by accident!

• Like 2

Ootay    317
On 16. April 2017 at 3:16 AM, MeingroessterFan said:

I experimented a bit with watercolour-style brushes in a new art program. It looks pretty rubbish. 

b100985d6e.jpg

"Rubbish" 

That's a lie and you know it.

• Like 2

After almost two weeks of almost no creative work accomplished (thanks, Hollow Knight), I'm back at doodling, and worse than ever! 

9b4dab35c6.jpg

As you can see, the proportions are all wrong, the lines are clunky and it looks generally rubbish. And since I would like my drawing to at least look somewhat aesthetically pleasing at some point, I have decided to completely rip off @Ninjanemo's patented "100 Day Challenge" principle. So, starting tomorrow, I will draw one doodle of a character every single day for 100 days. Doesn't matter where the character is from, I'm trying to experiment a bit more since clearly, drawing WX over and over isn't actually helping me improve.

Also, a question to you people actually good at art out there - Do any of you have a problem where you get an uncomfortable feeling in your wrist while making a lot of repetitive slight hand movements? And if yes, do you know of a good way of dealing with that?

• Like 2

Ninjanemo    6,605
1 minute ago, MeingroessterFan said:

After almost two weeks of almost no creative work accomplished (thanks, Hollow Knight), I'm back at doodling, and worse than ever! 

9b4dab35c6.jpg

As you can see, the proportions are all wrong, the lines are clunky and it looks generally rubbish. And since I would like my drawing to at least look somewhat aesthetically pleasing at some point, I have decided to completely rip off @Ninjanemo's patented "100 Day Challenge" principle. So, starting tomorrow, I will draw one doodle of a character every single day for 100 days. Doesn't matter where the character is from, I'm trying to experiment a bit more since clearly, drawing WX over and over isn't actually helping me improve.

Also, a question to you people actually good at art out there - Do any of you have a problem where you get an uncomfortable feeling in your wrist while making a lot of repetitive slight hand movements? And if yes, do you know of a good way of dealing with that?

Hey I don't mind! I'm just glad to be inspiring more and more people to pursue their dreams and draw :)

Also, I don't know if I'm actually good at art, but I never really get any uncomfortable feelings in my hand when drawing on my tablet. Of course I can sometimes get cramps when drawing/writing really fast, but other than that, no.

• Like 2

Just now, Ninjanemo said:

Hey I don't mind! I'm just glad to be inspiring more and more people to pursue their dreams and draw :)

Also, I don't know if I'm actually good at art, but I never really get any uncomfortable feelings in my hand when drawing on my tablet. Of course I can sometimes get cramps when drawing/writing really fast, but other than that, no.

You're an inspiration to all of us, oh beautiful Nemo!

I'm slightly worried that I might have a mild case of carpal tunnel syndrome here... I used to have the same problem in school when I had to do a lot of handwriting. I'm gonna experiment a bit with getting something elevated to rest my wrist on or something like that.

• Like 2

Ninjanemo    6,605
Just now, MeingroessterFan said:

1. You're an inspiration to all of us, oh beautiful Nemo!

2. I'm slightly worried that I might have a mild case of carpal tunnel syndrome here... I used to have the same problem in school when I had to do a lot of handwriting. I'm gonna experiment a bit with getting something elevated to rest my wrist on or something like that.

1.Oh stahp it.jpg

2. Oh that sucks man :( Maybe you should get one of those anime mousepads with a boob rest. (Not even kidding, that might actually help)

• Like 2

Just now, Ninjanemo said:

1.Oh stahp it.jpg

2. Oh that sucks man :( Maybe you should get one of those anime mousepads with a boob rest. (Not even kidding, that might actually help)

Yeah, I was actually thinking about getting something like that. My dad works with computers, and I remember that he had one of those mousepads at some point (not with anime girls on it though, would've been difficult to explain to my mother). I'll check the storage.

• Like 2