Recommended Posts

minespatch    56,905

Crossed out lines work a lot to show of Willow's personality. Showing that she has thoughts she doesn't want revealed but happens to anyway. The discontinued book series Abadazad did that(shame Disney cut it off short). Hope this gets a continuation.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Arlesienne    8,985
1 hour ago, minespatch said:

Crossed out lines work a lot to show of Willow's personality. Showing that she has thoughts she doesn't want revealed but happens to anyway. The discontinued book series Abadazad did that(shame Disney cut it off short). Hope this gets a continuation.

Thank you. I dislike first person narrative and the style of a journal, so it was kind of befitting to go back to both.

Sadly, of the unhappy content, there's much more. This thing helped my Willow headcanon develop.

The Abadazad series which J. M. DeMatteis wrote? With this Long Lankin expy of sorts?

1 hour ago, PandoMish said:

WOOOW...when have i succeeded to commit another one crime? 

I think when you were posting here:

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
minespatch    56,905
1 minute ago, Arlesienne said:

The Abadazad series which J. M. DeMatteis wrote? With this Long Lankin expy of sorts?
 

That's the one. The protagonist of the series would cross out lines if she felt uncomfortable.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Arlesienne    8,985
1 minute ago, minespatch said:

That's the one. The protagonist of the series would cross out lines if she felt uncomfortable.

Ha! I'm not that absent-minded then! Thank you.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Arlesienne    8,985
9 hours ago, Pyr0mrcow said:

Willow Bernnett

Aah, I needed to read something like that. Great representation of the character~

Thank you, my good sir, bowing all the way! It's not a good piece and I rather dislike it, but at least it's more accessible to the general public than works with THEIR possession.

11 hours ago, DragonMage156 said:

This is good :)

YOU IS GOOD?

BETTER BE GOOD.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Arlesienne    8,985

Just a quick question, maybe to @JoeW or another forum-savvy moderator: why is the 3rd person singular, Present Simple form of the verb "to cock one's head" getting asterisks? I'm confused.

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MeingroessterFan    4,139

*holds up shield to guard against her hallowedness's righteous anger*

This is some of the most in-character believable writing I've seen for Don't Starve. Willow, like a lot of the characters, doesn't have a lot of official backstory, and this portrayal here is so perfectly fitting that it just slotted itself in as my headcanon without any squeaks or grinding corners. Your writing style is full of personality, and the little additions of the crossed out sentences just adds to that a ton. With my inner eye I saw myself sitting on a log, surrounded by pinetree,s flipping through the pages of an aged journal with scorched corners that I had just found in an abandoned, charred and overgrown base.

This is excellent, Melady. Please don't hit me.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Arlesienne    8,985
5 hours ago, MeingroessterFan said:

*holds up shield to guard against her hallowedness's righteous anger*

This is some of the most in-character believable writing I've seen for Don't Starve. Willow, like a lot of the characters, doesn't have a lot of official backstory, and this portrayal here is so perfectly fitting that it just slotted itself in as my headcanon without any squeaks or grinding corners. Your writing style is full of personality, and the little additions of the crossed out sentences just adds to that a ton. With my inner eye I saw myself sitting on a log, surrounded by pinetree,s flipping through the pages of an aged journal with scorched corners that I had just found in an abandoned, charred and overgrown base.

This is excellent, Melady. Please don't hit me.

puss_in_boots_eyes_spoiler_by_babysonicl

I got a real case of constructive feedback here! For the first time in forever on the forums! THANK YOU!!!

I didn't really have much for Willow to start from, so I made most of it up based on the examination quotes. She's snarky. She's independent. She's witty. And she's hurt.

This was combined with the orphan Willow skin teaser (which I must get one day, huehue). And THIS, in turn, brought back memories of the Shalebridge Cradle AKA THE definitive thriller experience. This made me revise the Cradle staff... and I found Doctor William Hanscomb.

What if @ScienceMachine's Wilbur-turned-William worked in an asylum where Willow was admitted? AFTER his lover died in a car crash and he started embracing the dark side with Maxwell's aid? And what if Maxwell pushed them into each other's walks of life to ensnare them both?

My recent headcanon has Willow accepting the help from Maxwell (dressed as a policeman) after she ran away from the asylum she was put back into after a sleazy employer she was supposed to work as a secretary for upon leaving the orphanage got IDEAS and found the lucky lighter up his rear in defence. I tried to imagine her, naturally distrustful of others, actually being forced to trust someone to avoid even worse things.

And then she's betrayed just as she feared.

I don't find this piece good, because it's very plain and I don't feel the style. But I tried my best :).

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MeingroessterFan    4,139
1 minute ago, Arlesienne said:

I don't find this piece good, because it's very plain and I don't feel the style. But I tried my best :).

Well, I did, and so did a lot of others it seems :3 We just want to feeeeel that style... that firm, steady... meter......... *drool*

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Arlesienne    8,985
Just now, MeingroessterFan said:

Well, I did, and so did a lot of others it seems :3 We just want to feeeeel that style... that firm, steady... meter......... *drool*

For meter, you'd rather look at, say, this (the hallucinatory parts are in made up of iambs broken at the end like the patterning of Rufus Wainwright's "Hallelujah").

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MeingroessterFan    4,139
1 minute ago, Arlesienne said:

For meter, you'd rather look at, say, this (the hallucinatory parts are in made up of iambs broken at the end like the patterning of Rufus Wainwright's "Hallelujah").

You are just an unending well of literature, Melady.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Arlesienne    8,985
1 hour ago, MeingroessterFan said:

You are just literature not ending well, Melady.

Fixed that for you, Milord.

(The pattern of "Hallelujah" was used as Gaider utilised it in DAI often.)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Arlesienne    8,985
2 minutes ago, MeingroessterFan said:

>:C 'Tis ain't the truth.

...I need to uncover my Eco ebook. The essay one. You'll like it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now