[Game Update] - (BETA Preview) 194848

Ok so now we have:

Spider queen

imgres.jpg

Bee queen

DSTupdate_cutefuzzyanimals_sm.png

Human queen

imgres.jpg

I hope the last one doesn't Trows babies at you like the other ones do (we don't know what bee queen does,but she'll probably spawn bees too)

Edited by Wexton
  • Like 9

1 minute ago, Wexton said:

Human queenimgres.jpg

I hope the last one doesn't Trows babys at you like the other ones do (we don't know what bee queen does,but she'll probably spawn bees too)

I wouldn't be surprised if she considers the petrified monsters her children.

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, minespatch said:

I wouldn't be surprised if she considers the petrified monsters her children.

I guess that if we probably have a fight with her on a future she'll probably spawn tons of cute shadows.

Actually now that i think on it,Maxwell made every creature from the "old reing".that means that every spider or hound that you kill its actually his children. Well that was creepy.

same rule with new reing and charlie.

Edited by Wexton
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, spiderdian said:

Hoooooo

Haaaaaaaaa.png

Haaaaaa

Hooooooooo.png

Wow....Charlie must really hate Maxwell......She's even making his work make sense.

Ok.....but how will it spawn? will natural hives have tier cycles now?

The summer swarming idea is great. Bees could swarm and create new beehives and we could finally have some extra content for summer because it's the most boring season on the surface.

I hope in the next update we will have new weapons or something.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Arlesienne said:

Umm... I agree smallbirds are just an Easter egg, but Bob the smallbird actually finished the Goose a few days ago on Looking for Group. And survived to turn into a teenbird.

That's only for Goose, which has only one attack and mostly aims for players. Try and fight a Dragonfly or a Toadstool (if they even follow you to caves in DST) or even just Bearger or Deerclops or Guardian and see how long the guy survives then. Even if the attacker is something like Spider queen and her spiders or tree guard may be, it simply won't survive. You can't, is the answer, because these enemies target whatever last hits them or have aoe for even their melee attacks. unless you trap it behind walls and stay nearby it, preventing it from getting near, although with something like Bearger it'll be extremely difficult due to his ground pound AOE having a huge range for structure and object destruction. For smallbirds, an easy way of keeping them safe would be to pick them up in your inventory, may be only if they're following you. Not sure about Teenbirds though.

Edited by EuedeAdodooedoe
  • Like 4

Gates, eh? Sounds a lot like the doors that were never added to singleplayer :(

Unlike a lot of the stuff added recently in DST that would not canonically make sense in singleplayer, shouldn't gates/doors be one of the things that should be added to singleplayer at some point? Especially since the reason they weren't added to begin with was because "we just don't know how to do them yet".

Edited by oCrapaCreeper
  • Like 12

1 hour ago, oCrapaCreeper said:

Gates, eh?

Unlike a lot of the stuff added recently in DST that would not canonically make sense in singleplayer, shouldn't gates/doors be one of the things that should be added to singleplayer at some point? Especially since the reason they weren't added to begin with was because "we just don't know how to do them yet".

Of all requests people make for DS. This is the ONLY one I 100% agree. I plainly hate having to do those awful grass wall gates, which are both non practical and actually waste resources(Not much though, unless you do like me and wall every single build ever made).  I'm not sure how a "we just don't know how to do them yet" would work with developers that gave us games like Shank and MoN before DS, if they actually said that.

And Yes, I picked up your comment before the edit just to quote you

EDIT: I really hope they will make  a new scroll-killer poster after the last update, just like "The End of the Beginning" poster, that advertised all important features of DS up to that moment(if that was the actual meaning of cramping up every single poster all together)

Edited by spiderdian
  • Like 4

YEEEESSSSS to the gates!  I personally think a _lot_ of stuff from DST should make it into regular Don't Starve, as most of it has no lore-reason not to.  Sure, not the Charlie-specific stuff, but for pete's sake, can't we finally continue to gather while carrying something in our other hand?  I know that's the one I mention all the time but it's _such_ a quality of life improvement!

Also beefalo taming (which would work BETTER in singleplayer, actually), grass geckos, twiggy trees & juicy berry bushes, meteor strikes...there is no actual story reason stopping any of these things from making it to regular Don't Starve.  Heck, we could even have a less-tough version of the toadstool in the caves as a boss fight.  Marble shrubs and pets?  Mushroom farming, new birds and scarecrows, heck yeah!  Why not?  And SLOWER BURNING OF THINGS.  FOR ODIN'S SAKE.

But seriously, guys, at least put the OLD DST stuff into regular Don't Starve.

...when you have time.

(if ever)

...Notorious

• Like 2

On 11/2/2016 at 11:52 PM, Mananu said:

If you guys will add these things to regular Don't Starve, please put the ''brightness'' option in the settings. The screen is too dark at dusk and too bright at day.

You do know you can meddle with your monitor's brightness setting right???

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Aeschwutz said:

You do know you can meddle with your monitor's brightness setting right???

My monitor's brightness is fine. Video settings are the same. Here is the topic where I posted the difference between DS and DST brightness:

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Xyangy87 said:

Wait, what?

He was telling you that:"If you have time to post a random comment, why not go update (something which he had not specifically point)"

He wasn't saying it in anyway mean thou.

• Like 2

I hope you guys won't have anyone trouble with today's update.  Some group apparently decided to mess with STEAM servers and now things are out of whack for various people (including me). For example, the entire workshop is a blank slate and I have lost all of the content I uploaded as well as the content I partially own (Albert mod). 

But if you guys do, it's understandable. 

EDIT: Looks like STEAM has been fixed. 

Edited by Quoth143
  • Like 2