[Game Update] - (BETA Preview) 194848

Now i think on it,Queen bee will probably be the summer's new boss that we wanted,After all it makes sense because i read somewhere that bugs are more active during summer,so it could be a reason(probably its the same reason that dragonfly is a fly an not only a dragon)

Also lets hope that now they fix the smallbirds with this update,its the perfect moment to do it.

where will we find these new catcoons and hounds? My theory is that we'll find them at the hound mounds and at hollow stumps.Sound better than finding an adult animal,feeding it and then it magicly turns into a baby from the poster.

Edited by Wexton
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, Maslak said:

The only thing I like about that update are gates, lol.

3 hours ago, Sinister_Fang said:

But... it also has puppies and kittens. Everybody likes puppies and kittens.

I bet these will only waste your food and won't follow you to the caves. If they do,, they'll die to an earthquake just like Glommer does in DS.
Marbe farming thingy? Not that we have lots of marble already, thanks to all those statues + earthquakes.
Queen Bee seems cool, forgot about her. Looks like a good thing for non-laggers.
Gates. Gates! Gates in DS plz!

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Wexton said:

Now i think on it,Queen bee will probably be the summer's new boss that we wanted,After all it makes sense because i read somewhere that bugs are more active during summer,so it could be a reason(probably its the same reason that dragonfly is a fly an not only a dragon)

Also lets hope that now they fix the smallbirds with this update,its the perfect moment to do it.

where will we find these new catcoons and hounds? My theory is that we'll find them at the hound mounds and at hollow stumps.Sound better than finding an adult animal,feeding it and then it magicly turns into a baby from the poster.

Bees become aggressive during Spring that means Bee Queen is practically an off shot to Spider Queen who is sort of a mini-boss,

(Lord Mosquito)

On the other hand I think that the pets are probably going to be like smallbirds, they become more rebellious as they grow up and end up like Tall birds whcih will peck you if you get near them...

That would be sad seeing Puppies become hounds and start chasing you around...very sad...

I hope Klei really doesn't do something like that

Edited by SepiaPaper
  • Like 3

Just now, SepiaPaper said:

Bees become aggresive during Spring that means she practically an off shot to Spiderqueen who is sort of a mini-boss,

Yeah i know...but its the best theory i could come out with.

I also thought of doing something with a bee hive,guess its not giving it a shadow atrium for some reason.

actually now i think on it,this poster its not saying anything about the atrium,probably its going to be a secret really amazing thing.

talking about secrets,is there anything weird here like how we had the shadow chess's figures on the last poster?

1 hour ago, EuedeAdodooedoe said:

And I think this is the best time to fix/buff Smallbirds, Teenbirds, Extra Adorable Lavae and Beefalo

In my opinion these are all fine. I don't see why raising tallbirds should need a buff, it was never really a thing that was done for benefits (well okay in single player they can be useful since they can kill birds for you but I don't think that's extremely important). The lavae is fine too, getting enough ashes or coal to feed it really isn't hard, you can leave it out of fights and give it to other people with the egg tooth and it will leave the server and go to caves with you and is overall really useful in winter and still quite useful in other seasons (maybe not summer). Beefalos are also fine the way they are, domestication is hard like it's supposed to be and maintaining it in late game is really easy. Also some of the points you make in the thread you link are complete nonsense, you can use a beefalo horn to get them to follow you through wormholes for example.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Michi01 said:

In my opinion these are all fine. I don't see why raising tallbirds should need a buff, it was never really a thing that was done for benefits (well okay in single player they can be useful since they can kill birds for you but I don't think that's extremely important). The lavae is fine too, getting enough ashes or coal to feed it really isn't hard, you can leave it out of fights and give it to other people with the egg tooth and it will leave the server and go to caves with you and is overall really useful in winter and still quite useful in other seasons (maybe not summer). Beefalos are also fine the way they are, domestication is hard like it's supposed to be and maintaining it in late game is really easy. Also some of the points you make in the thread you link are complete nonsense, you can use a beefalo horn to get them to follow you through wormholes for example.

Wait. Lavaes can travel between shards now?

• Like 1

Am I the only one just looking next to the puppy and seeing that adorable cat and wanting that cat more than anything I ever wanted from an update? 

Seriously, amazing work! It's almost they're saving the best for the later updates this time (for me at least). 

• Like 6

4 hours ago, Michi01 said:

Huh, didn't know you can exit with them, I guess that's a plus for Lavae. Although, it's kind of bothersome to feed them all the time. Rather if they could feed themselves, if say, you leave them a stack of charcoal (it could act kind of like salt lick for beefalo), so that you feed your lavae manually when you actually use it, iinstead of every minute or two going out of your way to feed it; it's pretty tedious. Otherwise we'd see much more players use the lavae if their play style fits it, cause it's very useful in winter.

As for smallbirds... the thing is, there's no point to raising them and unlike Lavae or Beefalo, you can't leave them somewhere. They'll follow you and attack anything that you do/any hostile creatures in general and if you're fighting a giant, rip Smallbirds/Teenbirds. A suggested use for them was that when you raise them up to a Tallbird, they would find some place to make a Tallbird nest and camp there. If not improve them in terms of combat, why not at least implement that?

You can what?! How could you have a Beefalo follow you through wormholes with a Beefalo horn?! Teach me your ways! Also, what about my other points? I mean, you can't feed them whilst mounted, so that's one big minus and as far as I know you can't travel to caves with them either. And, the salt lick really is pretty rubbish. Nor can you exit with a beefalo whilst mounted, which is the biggest minus for why I'm not bothered to domesticate one!

I think now that is part 2 of AnR we are starting to get the TtA planed content ... gates were in the files when they started to work on TtA . If that's the case , I'm really exited about this and next content (this one looks really nice and big :p ) gotta say I didn't expect this much in one update . 

• Like 4

You're definitely not the only one, Kitty.  The second I saw the curled-up adorable kitcoon I just SQUEEEEEEEAAAAKED.

Seriously, it's amazing my window didn't break.  : P  KITTY!!!

(and gates.  Mostly gates.)

(and big scary bees that will maybe make it unsafe to just leave bees alone and they leave you alone, making a mostly-nice/neutral thing in Don't Starve into a "stop it before it spreads" danger like the spider nests and _I really hope it doesn't work that way_.  I like the normal bees.  I don't WANT to regard their hives as potential ticking time-bombs like tier-3 spider nests. That would be sad.  ()

...Notorious

• Like 3

6 hours ago, EuedeAdodooedoe said:

They'll follow you and attack anything that you do/any hostile creatures in general and if you're fighting a giant, rip Smallbirds/Teenbirds.

Umm... I agree smallbirds are just an Easter egg, but Bob the smallbird actually finished the Goose a few days ago on Looking for Group. And survived to turn into a teenbird.

9 hours ago, ExtollerOfTrolls said:

GATES!!!!

The puppies are so cute... I Mutt have one.

What will we get from Lambcus? More snot? Wool? If this is a way to make Steel Wool easier to come by, there must be a reason for it. A future update, perhaps?

And the Marble tree seeds look awesome! Finally!

I think they could make a pillow of a person stricken with a nasty cold. Like mine!

• Like 2