NightWonder7's Don't Starve Fan Art

Favourite skin sets?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Probably been asked a hundred times in this forum before, but which skin set(s) is/are your favourite(s)?

• Guest of Honor
    • Survivor
    • Triumphant
    • Costume
    • Gladiator
    • Roseate
    • Snowfallen
    • Verdant
    • Victorian
    • Magmatic
    • Hallowed Nights
    • Merrymaker
    • Year of The Pig King
    • Others

9 hours ago, NightWonder7 said:

DS - Le Chatilier's Principle.jpg

Idk how I didn't notice this before but Wilson doesn't use any safety equipment. If he was more serious about his work, he's have a lab coat, safety goggles, gloves, those things used to hold test tubes and a couple other safety rules he seems to have forgotten. Either science class wasn't a thing back in the 1920s or he's too confident/poor for those kinda things. Well we all still love this guy :)

3 hours ago, NightWonder7 said:

DS - Churos - smaller.jpg

Never had this done to me and hopefully never will. I can kinda guess what makes it so painful :p

• Like 1

10 hours ago, minespatch said:

"97"...?

Yeah, that was my name on dA before. But I adjusted it a little bit this summer to be just 7 after I got Core membership. You might have noticed that most of the pieces I've posted so far is signed with 97; that is because I'm mostly posting "old" art first.

• Like 1

Just now, NightWonder7 said:

Yeah, that was my name on dA before. But I adjusted it a little bit this summer to be just 7 after I got Core membership. You might have noticed that most of the pieces I've posted so far is signed with 97; that is because I'm mostly posting "old" art first.

Ahhhh, okay. I was wondering since I know Don't Starve wasn't made in 1997. :wilson_ecstatic:I have no qualms with you posting your old art. In fact, a friend of mine, Aaron Bordner, does a funny thing as labels his art under the year 1816 or so to match the antique aesthetic he does.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mobbstar said:

The year 1997 maybe?

No, but that was the reason why I changed it. You see, I started out on dA as a 9 fan ^^; (if you've seen that movie). So the 97 represented the characters 9 and 7. It wasn't until later that I realized that it could be mistaken for a birth year (and 1997 isn't my year of birth) So after buying Core when it was on sale, I changed the name to only have 7 at the end. I wanted to keep the name NightWonder, but the name without numbers was taken. I also tried out my signature with different symbols, and found that NightWonder7 looked better. And from there on I just stuck with it on different websites :3

• Like 2

3 hours ago, DragonMage156 said:

Wait she had a 97 in her name? I wonder where that came from and why the change?

When I started out dA, I was a 9 fan. The 97 represented the characters 9 and 7. But it wasn't until later that I realized that it could be mistaken for a birth year (and 1997 isn't my year of birth) So after buying Core when it was on sale, I changed the name to only have 7 at the end. I wanted to keep the name NightWonder, but the name without numbers was taken. I also tried out my signature with different symbols, and found that NightWonder7 looked better. And from there on I just stuck with it on different websites :3

Sorry for the long explanation ^^; hope you understand.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, DragonMage156 said:

Idk how I didn't notice this before but Wilson doesn't use any safety equipment. If he was more serious about his work, he's have a lab coat, safety goggles, gloves, those things used to hold test tubes and a couple other safety rules he seems to have forgotten. Either science class wasn't a thing back in the 1920s or he's too confident/poor for those kinda things. Well we all still love this guy :)

I noticed that too XD Man, put on some protection, you're not working with sugared water or anything >: ( 

But yeah, we still love you ^^

No, but that was the reason why I changed it. You see, I started out on dA as a 9 fan ^^; (if you've seen that movie). So the 97 represented the characters 9 and 7. 

Oooh, I loved the mechanical horror in this movie! Skeletal self-rebuilding robotic catlike abominations FTW! Didn't care much for the ships (9&7 is canon anyway), hssa. Plus... romance? Heck naaaaaaaaw, Stupid love ruins things!

I noticed that too XD Man, put on some protection, you're not working with sugared water or anything >: ( 

That's some suspicious vivid colors for the reagents though.

Edited by Net Spectre
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Net Spectre said:

Oooh, I loved the mechanical horror in this movie! Skeletal self-rebuilding robotic catlike abominations FTW! Didn't care much for the ships (9&7 is canon anyway), hssa.

I really loved that movie! : D The concept was wonderful!

Hehe, I'm not really much of a shipper myself ^^; Usually I don't ship anything unless it's cannon :B (I might be slowly descending in to Willowson though lol) 57 was also an option regarding my username, but I was afraid for being accused for shipping or anything, so 97 was safer that way.

3 minutes ago, Net Spectre said:

That's some suspicious vivid colors for the reagents though.

Let's see... the brown liquids on the rack are probably some iron/rust stuff and he's holding some phenolphthalein. The big blue container is probably some resolution of a salt with copper. We can also see some BTB, acids and other salts... most chemicals have no colour actually, but it would be boring to have no colours here XD

• Like 1