NightWonder7's Don't Starve Fan Art

Favourite skin sets?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Probably been asked a hundred times in this forum before, but which skin set(s) is/are your favourite(s)?

• Guest of Honor
    • Survivor
    • Triumphant
    • Costume
    • Gladiator
    • Roseate
    • Snowfallen
    • Verdant
    • Victorian
    • Magmatic
    • Hallowed Nights
    • Merrymaker
    • Year of The Pig King
    • Others

6 minutes ago, NightWonder7 said:

I too believe he wasn't popular among his family. A wealthy family. He was seen as mad by many people. I'm not sure though where he exactly originated; whether it be New England, UK or somewhere entirely else. But he was located in New England the day he was dragged to the island. 

I saw that connection too!

Ha! Truly, strange minds think alike.

As for the location confusion, I believe I had detailed the reason during another one of my AU ramblings in the Hallowed Nights topic. In the wealthy British families there was a practice - if a family had an unwanted family member (almost always male), they sent him away to the one of the British colonies (where they owned an estate, or maybe even a few!), with an expectation that he'll stay away. The family also regularly sent money to said pariah. The historical term for this is "remittance man", by the way.

This both explains what Wilson is doing in the New England and how the heck is he able to live in that menacing mansion and buy enough food and stuff for his experiments, even though he very obviously spends all his time holed up in his house and away from people - his family has exiled him there and is paying for all of his needs. So many warning signs too - he isn't popular at his new place either, heh.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Net Spectre said:

After all, his past - everyone's past - may be as messed up as we want it to be. And it always is.

I kinda have my own backstory about him. Albeit not as dark and insane as your theories but still has it's bad parts. It's actually kinda sad when you think about it.

2 hours ago, NightWonder7 said:

Let it Burn 

I had to sing this. It was fantastic XD

As for Wilson, what if he had a real degree? http://itstheblob.deviantart.com/art/what-if-wilson-totally-has-a-legit-degree-632485476

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, DragonMage156 said:

I kinda have my own backstory about him. Albeit not as dark and insane as your theories but still has it's bad parts. It's actually kinda sad when you think about it.

As for Wilson, what if he had a real degree? http://itstheblob.deviantart.com/art/what-if-wilson-totally-has-a-legit-degree-632485476

I bet everyone has their own backstories for him. Same for the rest of the gang.

"The fire goes in the pit, Higgsbury!" Said the man who had managed to set stone on fire.

As far as the Blob comics go, "Don't Smoke" is my favorite. The end kills me each time I see it, because Willow.

Edited by Net Spectre
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Net Spectre said:

Ha! Truly, strange minds think alike.

As for the location confusion, I believe I had detailed the reason during another one of my AU ramblings in the Hallowed Nights topic. In the wealthy British families there was a practice - if a family had an unwanted family member (almost always male), they sent him away to the one of the British colonies (where they owned an estate, or maybe even a few!), with an expectation that he'll stay away. The family also regularly sent money to said pariah. The historical term for this is "remittance man", by the way.

This both explains what Wilson is doing in the New England and how the heck is he able to live in that menacing mansion and buy enough food and stuff for his experiments, even though he very obviously spends all his time holed up in his house and away from people - his family has exiled him there and is paying for all of his needs. So many warning signs too - he isn't popular at his new place either, heh.

Wow. It makes much more sense now!

The Wilson and the 'gang. The Wilson and the 'gang. One does Engrish, the other's insane.

47 minutes ago, Net Spectre said:

Woah, Wilson has an excellent Death Stare. I'll rate it 8 devoured souls out of 10. 

Maxwell's stare will still overwhelm me if I accidentally image search him. :wilson_shocked:

Edited by minespatch
  • Like 2

57 minutes ago, Net Spectre said:

Woah, Wilson has an excellent Death Stare.

9 minutes ago, minespatch said:

Maxwell's stare will still overwhelm me if I accidentally image search him.

You guys should meet WX78, his stare is the deadest and soulleast ever!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, minespatch said:

Sounds like a comic @TheBlob did recently~ :wilson_sneaky:

The one with teeth or the one about Dorkwell's failed intimidation attempt?

Charlie seems to have started her own line of motivational posters, hm? Just... why do I want to add "OBEY" at the bottom all of a sudden? Must be the eyes. 

Edited by Net Spectre
  • Like 3

"Make sure that the intermediate solution is a proper blue hue before adding hydrofluoric acid, or the acidity of the final mixture will be too high and not suitable for discreet usage, as its presence will be easily traceable due to the severity of the resulting burns. Please don't forget to wear proper protective goggles during the process." "Next time on the Arts of Death - Aconite, what a wonderful family of plants.."

• Like 3