NightWonder7's Don't Starve Fan Art

Favourite skin sets?  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Probably been asked a hundred times in this forum before, but which skin set(s) is/are your favourite(s)?

• Guest of Honor
    • Survivor
    • Triumphant
    • Costume
    • Gladiator
    • Roseate
    • Snowfallen
    • Verdant
    • Victorian
    • Magmatic
    • Hallowed Nights
    • Merrymaker
    • Year of The Pig King
    • Others

Just now, Aileen-Rose said:

Let's remember this is the same guy who thinks volcanoes are SAFE mountains. XD

But that's why we love him so much. That, and all the madness, deaths, shadows and general whump.
Geology isn't his field, that's all. Also he is a dork. 
He also denies the existence of the supernatural despite the... er.. EVERYTHING. He killed mice and cut his own hand to fuel the dark spells, he has ****loads of forbidden magical knowledge buried deep inside his mind, and no matter the AU he is fated to sit on the Throne or be connected to Them in some way, yet he still denies. That man. That man.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Net Spectre said:

But that's why we love him so much. That, and all the madness, deaths, shadows and general whump.
Geology isn't his field, that's all. Also he is a dork. 
He also denies the existence of the supernatural despite the... er.. EVERYTHING. He killed mice and cut his own hand to fuel the dark spells, he has ****loads of forbidden magical knowledge buried deep inside his mind, and no matter the AU he is fated to sit on the Throne or be connected to Them in some way, yet he still denies. That man. That man.

Tis the nature of the Wildork.

• Like 1

Just now, Aileen-Rose said:

Tis the nature of the Wildork.

Or maybe this is his Madness Mantra.
He is so fixated on science and thinking himself a scientist, he can't bear a thought that he isn't as sciency as he believes himself to be.

• Like 5

Let it Burn picture.jpg

Let it Burn 

The sun goes down; hides behind the ground

This day is totally out of luck

An island of isolation,

and it looks like I am stuck

The creatures’re howling like this urging feel inside

Couldn’t keep it in;

Maxwell knows I tried

Don’t let them in,

Don’t let them see

Be the good girl you always have to be

Please quench and drench,

before they learn

Well now they’ve learned!

Let it burn, let it burn

No home for me to return

Let it burn, let it burn

It is none of my concern

I don’t care

What they’re going to say

Let my flames rage on.

The heat never bothered me anyway

It’s funny how some fire

Makes things much prettier

And escaping all my problems

Has never been easier

It’s time to lit my lighter on

To fuel this ember before it’s gone

No right, no wrong, no rules for me,

I’m free!

Let it burn, let it burn

I’ve got the spark within my eye

Let it burn, let it burn

You’ll never see me cry

Here I stand

And here I’ll stay

Let my flames rage on

My fire’s spreading fast from tree top to the ground

My soul is burning like this inferno land that’s all around

And one ignition keeps me fully free from fear

I’m never gonna starve, my best friend is right here

Let it burn, let it burn

And I’ll rise like a phoenix again

Let it burn, let it burn

This girl was never sane

Here I’ll stay

Making fire all day

Let my flames rage on

The heat never bothered me anyway!

• Like 10

Just now, NightWonder7 said:

Let it Burn

Made "Let it Go" more suited for Willow once upon a time; ages and ages ago :/ (By "My best friend" she means fire ;) )

I'm actually trying to translate another Disney song to a Don't Starve version at the moment, but I struggle at figuring the ending of it :I I don't even know why I'm making them XD

That is kinda sad :'(

Again, we know that he is a scientist, but what field? He had a skleleton in his house and experimented on mice - ah, that sounds like biology. But wait, he also had the chemistry set and tinkered with it a lot - often with disastrous results, when his reagent mixtures blowed up in his face. Oh, but there are so many structures up on the roof - Tesla would be mildly confused. He tried everything he could, but he was a Jack of All Trades, so to speak, not proficent enough in anything to make any real scientific breakthrough. Or maybe he has failed to finish his studies? He is thin and pale and sickly, quite possibly neurotic and with low blood pressure. What if he broke under the pressure and had a breakdown, which resulted in *cough**cough*? After all, his past - everyone's past - may be as messed up as we want it to be. And it always is.
I'm sorry, my brain has invented a new idea just a couple of hours ago and just doesn't shut up. I'm trippin' hard.
Two words. Rutledge Asylum.

Let it Burn 

Aw, that's positively brilliant. If only my disdain for Frozen weren't burning hotter than the brimstone fires of hell!

• Like 2

Again, we know that he is a scientist, but what field? He had a skleleton in his house and experimented on mice - ah, that sounds like biology. But wait, he also had the chemistry set and tinkered with it a lot - often with disastrous results, when his reagent mixtures blowed up in his face. Oh, but there are so many structures up on the roof - Tesla would be mildly confused. He tried everything he could, but he was a Jack of All Trades, so to speak, not proficent enough in anything to make any real scientific breakthrough. Or maybe he has failed to finish his studies? He is thin and pale and sickly, quite possibly neurotic and with low blood pressure. What if he broke under the pressure and had a breakdown, which resulted in *cough**cough*? After all, his past - everyone's past - may be as messed up as we want it to be. And it always is.
I'm sorry, my brain has invented a new idea just a couple of hours ago and just doesn't shut up. I'm trippin' hard.
Two words. Rutledge Asylum.

Well, at first I thought he was some sort of biochemist; at least he seemed to lean towards that kind of field based on the trailers and game quotes. He is obsessed with science, but I don't think he's using that definition right. He doesn't know what science actually is, or he has come up with his own definition of it. Like he says "The science amplifies the water..." about the moon dial. Something is wrong with that sentence. On closer inspection, I think he is a bit everywhere; he tries to work on different things, and sometimes attempts to combine them, and that is one of the main reasons he doesn't excel.

Wilson... Wilson is an odd one.

Isn't talking and discussing one of the reasons forums exist? ;)

Did you say... Rutledge Asylum? O.O As in Madness Returns? OwO

12 minutes ago, Net Spectre said:

Aw, that's positively brilliant. If only my disdain for Frozen weren't burning hotter than the brimstone fires of hell!

Heh, sorry for tossing more fuel to the fire ^^;

• Like 4

42 minutes ago, NightWonder7 said:

He is obsessed with science, but I don't think he's using that definition right. He doesn't know what science actually is, or he has come up with his own definition of it. Like he says "The science amplifies the water..." about the moon dial. Something is wrong with that sentence.

Wilson... Wilson is an odd one.

Did you say... Rutledge Asylum? O.O As in Madness Returns? OwO

Exactly. It seems to me like he wants to think of himself as a scientist, so he behaves as he thinks scientists do. But his stutters and lapses into Buffy Speak instead of using proper sciency terms are already a red flag. Of course no one in scientific fields took him seriously. Not even his family thought much of him, too eager to play the remittance card and send him far away, in another country, another continent. Get rid of the strange child, mad child, devil's child with hair like demon's horns.

And here's the train of thought for the madness:

(Born in a wealthy aristocratic family) - (A mansion near London?) - (Failed to finish the university) - (Why?) - (Overstressed himself? Finals?) - (Nervous and physical breakdown) - (Mental institution? Which?)

(Asylum, London, 1911) - (Wait, what if?) - (Rutledge) - (Timeline?) - (37 years after her, then...)

Oh, and another fun detail. The name of the doctor, who was watching over Alice, was Harry Q. Wilson. No relation, of course...

Edited by Net Spectre
  • Like 3

Exactly. It seems to me like he wants to think of himself as a scientist, so he behaves as he thinks scientists do. But his stutters and lapses into Buffy Speak instead of using proper sciency terms are already a red flag. Of course no one in scientific fields took him seriously. Not even his family thought much of him, too eager to play the remittance card and send him far away, in another country, another continent. Get rid of the strange child, mad child, devil's child with hair like demon's horns.

And here's the train of thought for the madness:

(Born in a wealthy aristocratic family) - (A mansion near London?) - (Failed to finish the university) - (Why?) - (Overstressed himself? Finals?) - (Nervous and physical breakdown) - (Mental institution? Which?)

(Asylum, London, 1911) - (Wait, what if?) - (Rutledge) - (Timeline?) - (37 years after her, then...)

Oh, and another fun detail. The name of the doctor, who was watching over Alice, was Henry Q. Wilson. No relation, of course...

I too believe he wasn't popular among his family. A wealthy family. He was seen as mad by many people. I'm not sure though where he exactly originated; whether it be New England, UK or somewhere entirely else. But he was located in New England the day he was dragged to the island. 

I saw that connection too!

A Doctor.jpg

• Like 9