These Hallowed Nights

EDIT: [RELEASE] Update 196113 - 11/08/2016

Hallowed Nights has drawn to a close. Thanks for playing!

Please note that existing Candy and Hallowed Nights Trinkets will remain in-world, but Trinkets traded to the Pig King will return only one Gold Nugget from now on in place of additional Candy.

hallowed_nights1.png

hallowed_nights2.png

hallowed_nights3.png

The Hallowed Nights are upon us!

This year something special lies in wait for you. Beginning today, everyone on can now discover new tricks and treats around the world of Don't Starve. Fill your candy bag to the brim and satisfy your sweet tooth with all sorts of sugary seasonal treats!

As you may have noticed, fun Hallowed Nights skins have already been added for everyone to enjoy. These spooky costumes will only be available for a limited time, so be sure to enjoy them before November 8th when the event ends and they're gone forever!

Also available are special disguises that will stick around, but they’ll only drop during the season of Hallowed Nights, so be on the look-out for these rare items and snag them all while you can!

Good luck, have fun, and brace yourself for a scare!

(Note: Due to the certification process, Hallowed Nights and ANR content is coming for PS4 players in a future update.)

1. Nice alliteration.

2. The pig king kept throwing sweets at me.

3. Finding dental prosthetics around is fun.

4. I'm goofing around as Willowfly and Krampus Max with a rook WX, several batilisk Webbers, met two pigmen, one Voltbottom, lureplant Wendy, at least two deerclops Wigs and one treeguard Woodie. Still waiting for Wolfgang and Wes.

5. I GOT MY FIRST DROP TODAY AND IT WAS A FRIGGIN' PLEATED SHIRT! AND MY BUDDIES GOT COSTUMES!!!

13 minutes ago, MeingroessterFan said:

Hey, I only got a tweed jacket aswell. Can I come into the sulking corner too?

Come, come, Milord. Let's be alone together. NOBODY UNDERSTAAANDS!

11 minutes ago, Chris1488 said:

Hutch Hat.png

c:

...Cheeky Chris. You villain! :D

No, honestly. Well done. I'm genuinely happy for you. When you next visit, you will be handed a stack of silk and craft away.

13 minutes ago, MeingroessterFan said:

The neat black ones are the best ones, though. Both subdued, complimentary AND reasonably eye-catching.

12 minutes ago, Silentdarkness1 said:

......Whoops. I meant grey. Which fits Wendy perfectly.....GOOD.

Both are. Very nice to fit to other clothes and don't glitch out on modded characters.

Unless they are some anime Mary Sues. But then you are to blame.

@JoeW

When you say "Coming to PS4 in a later update," is that "later" as in "in a few weeks" or "later" as in "Next Halloween?"

And with whichever way it happens, can you guys maybe up the drop rate for the limited time Halloween skins on the PS4 version? Considering we don't have a market or trade functions? And the game is still too new to really use the Trade Inn more than once every 3-4 weeks?

(I'd also be content with a little purchasable "Skin Pack" on the PSN Store for a couple of dollars, if that's the only option.)

Pff.  Heretics.  Shows what _you_ know.  I'm quite glad to see that Maxwell is one of the True Believers of the Black Licorice.  Like me!  We're not a large group, but we stand proud.
 (I'm not talking the kind of dull chewy black licorice.  I'm talking really sweet, really concentrated.  Think the outside of a Good and Plenty, or a black jellybean.  Yay!)

Also candy corn is perfectly fine, kthxbai.

ANYway, this comic is _so cool_ and adorable. Of course, Halloween is not only the perfect holiday for Don't Starve but...possibly the most _redundant_.  I mean, the whole god-damn game is EXTREMELY Halloweeny in atmosphere, tone and look to begin with!  People don't call it "Tim Burton's Minecraft" for nothing, after all.  It _already_ has you scared of the actual dark, ferocious were-creatures who show up on the full moon, gigantic spiders, Jack-O'Lantern pumpkin lights you can carve at any time, and ghoulies and ghosties and long-legged beasties (tallbirds!) that go bump in the night!  Heck, the giants LITERALLY bump your screen around.

Seriously, you don't really have to..._do_ much of anything to make Don't Starve Halloweeny.  It's kind of ready for that year-round.  Even on a blazing (and I mean BLAZING, like, bunnies catching fire) summer day, or a Christmasy winter night.

...and that's one of the things I love about it.  :D

...Notorious

Archived