"Piracy"

All Blue

I may not speak my mind, but i was told that, is only a pirate if you have a wooden leg and a eyepatch, besides jokes, i pirated my whole life, like Excess said, living in the end of the world is hard, pirating games was my only way to play them, also after getting old and now things started to suck less here where i live i brought some games from Gog.com ( Zeus and the whole fallout franchise ) i know, two wrongs does not make a right.

I don't need to pirate when I have my wonderful Humble Bundles... ah...Well, I mean, I'll download abandon ware, and take a trip or five to coolrom, but any modern games, Je ne pirate pas. Although, depressingly, EVERY one of my friends had bit torrent on their desktops... am I the only one that doesn't have bit torrent?

With Steam now the way it is, I don't pirate. Also, now that photoshop allows you to license it for a really low monthly fee, that's out of it too. anyway, Devs have expressed their opinion on the subject before but I can't remember in which thread. They essentially said that piracy is inevitable and they don't worry about it as developers.

I PIRATE:Games who don't deserve it in my opinion. Those turn out to be mostly AAA games. If it turns out that they DO deserve it, i buy them. Examples: Borderlands 2, Dishonored (though somebody gave me that. I planned on buying it as soon as i could), Dead Island (but only on sale) , Skyrim, Fallout 2, 3 and NV and many many more.Examples of games which don't deserve it: Sims 3 (far too expensive with its DLCs), Bioshock: Infinite (didn't like the ending and the gameplay became far too boring after a while), you know, cases like those. Those remain only pirated.I NEVER PIRATE:Any game under 15€ (that's 18$ or something i think). Those are cheap enough to be just bought, even if they turn out to be crap. Keep in mind that this little "rule" doesn't exclude indie games. There are some who charge far too much for being indie.EDIT: Oh yeah, and mostly i pirate only to have some kind of demo. Most games don't bother with demos any more or they are far too short. I won't buy games just because of some hype.