[Game Update] - (BETA 190418) Teaser

I wonder...are just the crows gonna eat your crops, or all birds?  Don't pick on the crows!  I already thought it was a bit unfair that they only give 1 naughtiness point...what, because of their colour?  BIRD-RACIST!  (Yes, yes, I know the folklore reasons.  However, Don't Starve is a world where the creepy quite often turns out to be your friend, so...)

...ahem.  This has been your local Bird Equality Activist, aka Wigfrid ("Raven friend!"), coming to you live from...whereever she comes from.

ANYway, wow. This is gonna make summer so much _fun_!  Now we get to protect them from heat AND birds, hooray! : P Although, it does totally make sense...especially in this game, with its "If something CAN kick you in the teeth, it will" attitude. (Stardew Valley, my .  HARVEST FREAKING MOON, dammit!  Okay, perhaps it's more H.P. Lovecraft's Harvest Moon, but still...)

Last but not least--around real-life Halloween, I'm gonna wait until it's fall in the game, get some beautiful coloured birch trees in the shot, then make some pumpkin lanterns and pose with them and the scarecrow in the most costume-y looking outfit I have! And anybody else who happens to be on the server at the time (all two of you) feel free to join in!  :D

I mean, seriously.  Fall trees + jack-o-lanterns + scarecrow. All in the Don't Starve art style. Could YOU resist that?  I think you could not.

...Notorious

Edited by LadyD
  • Like 3

On 9/15/2016 at 11:47 PM, Chris1488 said:

@ScottHansen said they're planning on making it so you won't have to regenerate your world to get the Toadstool setpiece.

I hope so. I found a nice little world I've been thriving in since the last update came out, and I'd hate to have to make a new world to see the new stuff. And considering I base in caves, regenerating them alone would wipe out my everything!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, BenTheGeek said:

If crows are revamped to make the Scarecrow have a point, I'm all for it! I do think that it would have been awesome if they added a Scareturkey, as well. I hate turkeys so much. -_-

I like that... Keep them evil things away from my berrys :p

• Like 3

On 17/09/2016 at 8:24 PM, BenTheGeek said:

If crows are revamped to make the Scarecrow have a point, I'm all for it! I do think that it would have been awesome if they added a Scareturkey, as well. I hate turkeys so much. -_-

I planned to add a scaregobbler to one of my mod, with a pumpkin head. And i seen the poster. I guess it will still have an use :D

• Like 1