Does don't starve together not use RoG or Shipwrecked?

Okay, so I don't get it. Does DST include the expansions? Or are the expansions single player only?

They seem separate in the mega pack, so if my friend buys just together will we not have access to RoG or Shipwrecked content in don't starve together?

Or does it not include that content at all?

The downloads do not make this clear and I want to make sure if my friend gets it he's not missing content, or worse buying content he doesn't need.

Is don't starve together just a barebones version?

They seem separate because they are separate.

Don't Starve and Don't Starve Together are two different games.

Don't Starve has two DLCs: Reign of Giants and Shipwrecked.

Having these DLCs on Don't Starve have no impact on Don't Starve Together.

I repeat, if you buy Shipwrecked for Don't Starve, you won't be able to play it in Don't Starve Together.

Don't Starve Together has no DLCs available for it. It currently has an update being developed for it.

That being said, there are differences between DS and DST.

Don't Starve Together has some of the content and mechanics of Don't Starve: Reign of Giants incorporated into it.

Wetness exists in DST. Spring and Summer do, too. Rabbits in traps/chests can starve.

However, the Dragonfly is now a raid boss. The Goose appears on nests distributed during world generation.

The Old Bell doesn't exist in DST. Some monsters, and the giants, have increased health too.

You can read http://dontstarve.wikia.com/wiki/Don't_Starve_Together for more differences.

There is no Shipwrecked content in DST, beyond some mods in the workshop.

So basically, if you want to play alone, buy DS.

If you want to play together, buy DST.

Archived