Don't Starve Together: Console Edition FAQ (PS4)

JanH

6 hours ago, Rogueagent01 said:

Stupid question, how do i actually link my Twitch and Klei accounts? I'm trying to figure it out right now but am at a loss as to what i actually need to do.

On 10/10/2018 at 12:20 AM, JoeW said:

Simply head on over to https://accounts.klei.com

image.png.dae81347554324d8ba0f36d6c85976

After that just watch a streamer who has also linked their account and get those drops!

In this campaign we are offering 3 items. You can only receive one of each and once you have them all, you cannot get more until the next round of items. 

• Thanks 1

On 2/2/2019 at 10:32 PM, SunBroOfYharnam said:

I know there would be problems with mods and how to connect to players on other platforms but now that Sony/PlayStation seems like its OK with allowing cross play do you guys at Klei think it would be possible?

Maybe once DST is completely done being updated with new content and is synced between all platforms as well. I'm sure Klei would be willing to engage in cross play if Sony is willing to play ball, but I feel like there's a lot of other work that has to be done first before that can happen. It could definitely be something to look at again in another year!

Will there be mouse and keyboard support in ps4 ?  Playing with controllers is a pain . Picking up items around something that is not pickable is annoying . And changing items in inventory in middle of fights are nearly impossible without delay and getting hit

Edited by Ma.banae
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, ACQUIESCE said:

I have a very random and maybe simple question but is there any reasoning behind only certain items being weaveable? particularly stuff like the chest skins and backpack skins I suppose, I'm just not quite sure I understand tbh.

The weavable skins are event related skins. For an unknown reason, klei decided to keep each event skin weavable since last hallowed night. I mean i dont mind at all that factor, but before weavable things were during specific events. Hope i helpped ! If you have other question just ask :)

On 3/9/2019 at 8:53 AM, Warlockadamm said:

The weavable skins are event related skins. For an unknown reason, klei decided to keep each event skin weavable since last hallowed night. I mean i dont mind at all that factor, but before weavable things were during specific events. Hope i helpped ! If you have other question just ask :)

Oh okay, ty for clearing up my confusion 

Not exactly a question but I wonder if that means eventually all older event skins will just be permanently weaveable at some point. 

I bought wortox but I want to buy wormwood so I can use it for splitscreen but I can't          CAN YOU ADD IT SO I CAN USE IT IN SPLITSCREEN EVEN IF I BOUGHT IT ON ANOTHER ACCOUNT     such a waste of money

45 minutes ago, Awesome5 said:

Is there anyway to transfer items obtained on Don’t Starve Together Steam edition, to the ps4 version

Hello... you can’t at this moment. 

On 3/19/2020 at 1:24 PM, Mike23Ua said:

This will be the only crystallized collection Skin I will own.

it stings in my heart man... Hopefully the ones I’ve missed will be added to the Klei Rewards someday.

19DC7605-6810-4253-8270-67A2FB9ADCFC.jpeg

• Haha 1

Question: Is there a way to stop Lag or Rubberbanding on PS4?

I am playing Local Split-screen with my roommate, and there is serious issues with the characters freezing as they bend over to pick something up, snapping back to the center of a pack of hounds, when I just escaped them (resulting in death), character floating without run animation, and even sometimes the character with turn and run in the opposite direction. This makes boss fights almost impossible, since the bosses also hit us (sometimes) when we are way outside there range. Even hounds sometimes bite the air 2 hound lengths away, and we take damage.

I'm running a PS4 Pro on an HD TV (not 4K). Split screen, local. All the settings on the world are Default, except days are long, and autum is long.

• Sad Dupe 1

On 10/14/2020 at 11:41 PM, UFish said:

Question: Is there a way to stop Lag or Rubberbanding on PS4?

The first step is to disable the delay compensation this already helps to eliminate around 80% of lag in the world. 

Anotherthing is the way the base is built, things that influence the lag are walls, mobs, nearby buildings, items on the floor, fireflies, etc., avoid heaping things and leaving the base messy. 

Lagis the biggest enemy of PS4 players, these steps are mandatory for those who want to stay in the same world for many days.

• Like 2

Is there any quality of life going on for PS4 comands? It is terrible when you aim for a werepig in your pig skin far and destroy your fences, also when you have a tooth trap area and wish to collect some loot and end up collecting your traps instead.

My suggestion would be key combinations like hold R2 + square to force attack structures, camera rotation would stick the same and access to crafting tab and inventory slots would be R2+R1 and R2+L1

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Luis- Azevedo said:

Is there any quality of life going on for PS4 comands? It is terrible when you aim for a werepig in your pig skin far and destroy your fences, also when you have a tooth trap area and wish to collect some loot and end up collecting your traps instead.

My suggestion would be key combinations like hold R2 + square to force attack structures, camera rotation would stick the same and access to crafting tab and inventory slots would be R2+R1 and R2+L1

to be honest just putting walls on low hitting priority would solve so much of the frustration, and i just can't help but think that should be easy to implement. I would go ahead and make a wild guess that 99%+ of the walls that get hit on console are hit by mistake. The devs make so many things right and i'd feel bad going too hard on them for this, bad this is a very old problem that needs to be addressed sometime.

• Thanks 1