The big toad! The big toad!

15 minutes ago, Zeklo said:

It kind of looks like a pig-king kind of intractable npc from its pose.

A possibility I hope I'm wrong about, but thought to mention.

The Toadstool

It's been said that it's a new cave boss in DST, and that it supposedly has new special mechanics that only works if you're playing together (Kinda like the ewecus)

I think that he's going to have a swallow ability, and another player has to help you out of his stomach!

I've been waiting so long for this guy... What new items do you hold, Gromp?

8 minutes ago, MoloMan said:

It's been said that it's a new cave boss in DST, and taht it supposedly has new special mechanics taht only works if you're playing together (Kinda like the ewecus)

I've heard people speculating about this, but was it ever said by devs? 

Well, that would go with the running gag Kitty and I somehow started (several worlds ago) where all the treeguards have names like "Steve" "Dave"  "Larry" etc.  : P  If we see a treeguard gone neutral just wandering around, we'll casually go "Hey Steve.  How ya doin'." on our way by.  Or, a giant attacks and "Oh no!  It got one of the Steves!"  (laughs)

(Then there's also the time that I _swear_ the Moslings actually got used to me, 'cos I could not only go up right close, but freaking _push them out of my way_ and they didn't squawk even once.  It's like, "Oh, yeah, it's you.  Have food? no? not interested bye.")

ALL HAIL THE BOB THE TROPHY HYPNOTOAD MUSHROOMFROGKING.

...Notorious

Frogs are already giant-slaying monsters. I dread what the mighty Toadstool will be capable of. I dread it, and I want it. There are so many ways to die in this game, but now we'll have a way to croak!
(I'm not sorry.)

3 hours ago, CaptainChaotica said:

(Then there's also the time that I _swear_ the Moslings actually got used to me, 'cos I could not only go up right close, but freaking _push them out of my way_ and they didn't squawk even once.  It's like, "Oh, yeah, it's you.  Have food? no? not interested bye.")

The moslings are totally cool if their mom hasn't been killed. I'll never forget my first true MooseGoose encounter: She made her nest close enough to my base for the chicks to eat off my bushes. Scared the ever-loving crap out of me until I noticed they weren't hostile.

Huh.  I was surprised, 'cos usually what happens is if you get close to them, they squawk and their mom then shows up (if she hasn't already been killed.)  You don't even have to have a weapon out, they freak if you get too close in general.  This time, I was playing as the vicious carnivore Wigfrid and had my spear and helmet equipped, and they _didn't give a damn_. It was kinda hilarious.

(Then again I've also had at least two times the MooseGoose/moslings lived RIGHT next to my base the whole spring, and hardly anything bad happened.  My Neighbor the Giant, coming this fall from Studio Ghibli! ;))

As for the hypnotoad memes...we were SO beaten to that in another thread.  I think it was Asparagus who did it first? but I could be mistaken.  And yes, a way to croak.  Actually the frogs helped me kill off the MooseGoose the first time I DID try it! : P

...Notorious

Oh lordamighty.  Like the regular mushrooms in this game aren't hallucinagenic enough!  :p

(Would a purple mushroom have some combination of the traits of both the red and blue ones? BY YOUR MUSHROOMS COMBINED...!)

Edit:  I just now realised that I was talking about how we call the treeguards "Steve" after they turn neutral...and this thread was started by someone called NeutralSteve.  (dies)

...Notorious

Archived