ScienceMachine

Mindpowers.png

There was once a man, whom existed on the dark Isles long ago. So long ago, in fact, the Isles were still round! He had a name, at least that's what he could assume. A name that even I forgot. A infamous man in the field of psychology, a new up and comer with a lover and a wonderful life ahead of him. One he ultimately threw away.

He had a deep fascination for the brain and its limitless potential. After all, what a waste of brain matter if you could only use so little of it. Frowned by the community, ditched by his lover, he locked himself away in his increasingly dilapidated office.

Until ... Maxwell came for a visit.

Hello there, people. Some of you may still remember me. A lot of you probably wouldn't know who I am. I'm a very ancient user, who helped beta test Don't Starve long ago. I left due to crippling anxiety having to juggle my life between school and the forum, but with the reveal of Oxygen Not Included, I decided to give the forums a looksie.

How's everyone? I see Lady D is starting their own novel in another thread.

So, what'd I miss?

Lava. There is lava. 
Multiplayer became a thing, there are pretty skins and outfits you can put on characters for that. 
The forums remain pretty much the same mix of insanity and discussion. 
A lot of old faces disappeared :( but some new interesting ones appeared. 

I dunno that is best recap I can offer right now. 

11 minutes ago, LadyD said:

Lava. There is lava. 
Multiplayer became a thing, there are pretty skins and outfits you can put on characters for that. 

I dunno that is best recap I can offer right now. 

I saw that. Liking the looks of Hot Lava, but ultimately not my cup of tea. You'd think with the popularity of "The floor is lava" styled games, there would've been an actual "Floor is lava" game made years ago. Huh

I may not have been on the forums for a long time, but having games on Steam has its perks, and the devs were so kind of gift me and my brothers the DST beta. If only I was around to actually give them meaningful input, whoops. Nevertheless, I'm still humbled by the gifts. I've seen those clothing options, very lovely.

I was hoping the forums was the same level of entropy, otherwise this revisit would've been a waste! And I figured a lot of the old guard had gone away, its a shame. Let's hope these new kiddies would give this old man some leg room. I just have to pick up on the memes is all.

And hey, thanks for the recap nonetheless. You did a good~

As for me, I've gotten over a lot of my late-teen anxieties and finally grew as a person for once. I'm in college and have gotten so much better with my art. I'd show you, but there's a lot of gross stuff in the interim that shouldn't see the light of day.

Speaking of, I'm so happy you're still using my old piece for your avatar.

*Slowly realises that's literally the only thing that survived the ancient forum wipe.*

... My only legacy ...

By all means welcome back! Such online homecomings can be interesting. I wish you all the best and hope to see this art of yours. The teaser in the first post is lovely.

1 hour ago, LadyD said:

Like...? And I'd say ScienceMachine (sorry for not using the system of mentions, on my phone, it crashes) may be interested to hear about A New Reign for DST as well as things like Oxygen Not Included (yesterday's stream on Twitch, anyone?), fixes to Shipwrecked and DS coming to smartphones. Oh, and various console ports. Obviously each piece of news breeds discussion here.

And your Cute Animal Thread ;).

20 minutes ago, Arlesienne said:

By all means welcome back! Such online homecomings can be interesting. I wish you all the best and hope to see this art of yours. The teaser in the first post is lovely.

Thank you! And now that I've had the time to remember, my dude's name was William, from long ago. He definitely look much older here than he did in my account's life. His only ability was to conjure a shadow hand, but maybe that's not the only thing he could come up with ...

Let try this again.png

... If only he could remember how his powers worked. (Please ignore the glorified hand practice.)

He'd love to show it off if he could but for now, he's on the fritz.

If our dearest Charlie can redesign the Nightmare Throne Room, William will get a hold of his powers in time ;). The art... What can I say? There's something deeply captivating in your style. The hands have a lot of life in them. And I envy your ability to draw from profile. Wonderful finds.

Do you have a DA account I could stalk watch you please? And what is the proper way of addressing the artist behind those delightful pictures: Sir or Madam?

9 minutes ago, Arlesienne said:

If our dearest Charlie can redesign the Nightmare Throne Room, William will get a hold of his powers in time ;). The art... What can I say? There's something deeply captivating in your style. The hands have a lot of life in them. And I envy your ability to draw from profile. Wonderful finds.

Do you have a DA account I could stalk watch you please? And what is the proper way of addressing the artist behind those delightful pictures: Sir or Madam?

Iunno, maybe me watching Jojo's Bizarre Adventure and Mob Psycho 100 might make you think otherwise~ :p And thank you, I'd be miffed if a decade of art didn't allow me to draw such beautiful hands.

I DO have a DA, but its been out of use for quite a while. And woefully the wrong topic ... well, more or less.

And the lot of you can address me as dude. I've a beard after all, its a bit crummy, but its a beard nonetheless.

Also, for those wondering, his hair was the unintentional result of Wilson and Johnny Depp's Sweeney Todd's hair style colliding with each other. Speaking of Sweeney Todd ...

17 minutes ago, PiturcaClaudiuStef said:

Oni preview,don't starve togheter new updates and more great stuff like....

It took me a moment that you mean Oxygen Not Included, almost thought it was another game entirely.

And yup! ONI is already shaping up to be something spectacular. I've been in a terrible mood for dorf-fort clones/style games lately, and ONI is only making that itch worse. xP

Meanwhile,

Hats 1.png

Hats 2.png

I think that's enough art for tonight. I'll try to reestablish a lot of Will's backstory some other time.

17 minutes ago, Mobbstar said:

Oh, it's the legendary Science Machine Man!

Hello there! :)

(What to put here?)

OOooooh I love ONI too, the Duplicants are so cute! ^_^

The one and only, how have you been?

I don't seem to remember your username ... did you go by a different name or have you been Mobbstar this whole time?

17 minutes ago, ScienceMachine said:

It took me a moment that you mean Oxygen Not Included, almost thought it was another game entirely.

And yup! ONI is already shaping up to be something spectacular. I've been in a terrible mood for dorf-fort clones/style games lately, and ONI is only making that itch worse. xP

Meanwhile,

Hats 1.png

Hats 2.png

I think that's enough art for tonight. I'll try to reestablish a lot of Will's backstory some other time.

Aww, poor William. This IS cuter than duplicants, Mobb, admit it :).

8 minutes ago, ScienceMachine said:

I can't believe you're abusing your powers like this, D, I thought you knew better.

Make it happen.

If I wanted to abuse my powers I would have summoned Joe. Then again everyone summons joe. I like to spread the love and summon other Klei and people @MarkL

What can I say. I feel silly tonight. Heh. 

Hmmmmmmmmmm

The name rings a bell even thou I can't fully put my finger on it.

Then again when you've been here for as long as I am you do tend to forget things. Maybe we both had interaction maybe we didn't but neither way great to see yet another old Forum member return to the family so a hearthy welcome (back) from my side.

1 hour ago, LadyD said:

@nome I just had an idea. Science Machine needs a title- preferable Alchemy engine. To confuse people. ^_^ 

That would turn the gentleman into Madam Wickerbottom...

Nevertheless, we shall celebrate the coronation. Drinking from the accurate replicas of the hallowed Potato Cup, no less!

nome_5_by_arlesienne-da545tf.png

Hello there. I don't believe we've met. I think I have seen a little bit of you though when I was reading through old roleplays. I think you might have even popped up again for a brief spurt of activity while I've been here? I might be thinking of someone else though.

Forgive me if I seem a bit jaded. I may not have been here as long as some others, but I've been browsing here nearly every day for two years, and over that time I've noticed a pattern of oldies who had disappeared and made a return, usually disappearing again soon after. There are always exceptions, of course, but I supposed I've learned not to get so enthusiastic for things like these.

So, uh, hi, and welcome back.

6 hours ago, MenaAthena said:

Hello there. I don't believe we've met. I think I have seen a little bit of you though when I was reading through old roleplays. I think you might have even popped up again for a brief spurt of activity while I've been here? I might be thinking of someone else though.

Forgive me if I seem a bit jaded. I may not have been here as long as some others, but I've been browsing here nearly every day for two years, and over that time I've noticed a pattern of oldies who had disappeared and made a return, usually disappearing again soon after. There are always exceptions, of course, but I supposed I've learned not to get so enthusiastic for things like these.

So, uh, hi, and welcome back.

And you'd be right. I was here for a brief stint again, but I failed to stick at all after that misery fest. And I wasn't exactly at my best either at the time. I figured I owe the devs something for not enjoying the DST beta test at the very least, but my heart just wasn't there.

And good morning to you, too.

6 hours ago, DwerBomb said:

I remember you! Welcome back!

Unfortunately I've terrible memory, and I don't seem to remember you. Sorry about that! Thank you.

6 hours ago, ImDaMisterL said:

Hey there, welcome back to the fo-

Hole-y mamma mia your drawings they are amazing 0-0

10 years ought to give me something for all the trouble. But I'm sure you'll be p great at it too if given 10 years of dedicated art practice. And thank you~ Lets hope I stick to the forums this time around.

Archived