Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

ossiemaine

World Merge on Ps4 corrupted the savefile

ossiemaine    9

This is the end for dont starve for me.

Finally being able to merge my save with shipwrecked. The merge went good at the start. I noticed no more hound waves. After that it went from monsoon season to mild season with the puddles gine in a second. I was thinking about hoping worlds in SW to maybe fix these isseus. So i went to the volcano and wen i left the volcano.....error  SAVE FILE Corrupted

My rog world was world 14 3650+ days  SW world 1 day 300+  in total with all tge worlds 4000+ days.

I want to thank you klei for making such an awesome but for me this is a goodbye. 

1472635919471-252587094.jpg

Shunterio    0

Also jus happen to me and my wife the same thing.i hope there's a fix coming for this, all that time to lose "TWO" worlds.as much as I love this game I will be done if they can't fix this. 

1472698053457-1643765251.jpg

Ipsquiggle    8260

Hi @ossiemaine and @Shunterio,

I'm really sorry to hear that you were affected by this bug. We're trying to track down what's causing it, and if you could help us by sharing your corrupted save files with us, hopefully we can prevent anyone else from being affected.

If you're up for it, please follow these steps:

1) Make sure you're logged into PSN

2) Plug a USB memory stick into your PS4.

3) Go to Settings > Application Saved Data Management > Saved Data in System Storage > Copy to USB Storage Device > Don't Starve: Console Edition, and then choose Copy.

4) After that finishes, plug the USB stick into your computer. There will be a PS4 folder on it. Copy that to your computer.

5) Zip up the PS4 folder from your computer. (Windows: Right Click > Send To > Compressed Folder. Mac: Right-click or Ctrl-Click > Compress "PS4")

6) Upload the zip here: https://www.dropbox.com/request/0u0E5fqzOVDzvxiNY3Ea

I know it's a bit of a pain but it would really help us out! Thanks!

I have another instance of this same bug that affected my friend's game as we were playing-- I'll document the whole process that led to the crash and corruption (and deletion of all saves, morgue entries, and unlocked characters from Vanilla, RoG, and SW).

Our second attempt at SW was with the character Warly, who made it pretty comfortably through to his second year. Around Day 95-ish, and with about 75% of the map explored, the game started suffering from SEVERE lag, which would get worse until the game crashed (giving us an error about the PS4 not having enough memory). Closing the game and reopening would allow a few minutes of playtime, until the lag and crash inevitably followed. We deleted an old RoG save in the hopes it would somehow help the program run smoother, and then kept reopening the game, collecting loose debris blowing around in the wind all over the map, and saving and quitting before the game could crash on us. Strangely, the game was playable again (although it still struggled occasionally when sailing), until around Day 110, when the crashes resumed. We decided to postpone further play until a patch came out to fix it.

In the meantime, we hopped to a separate SW save file with Walani, since we were still antsy to explore and find all the things we'd never seen. The game went smoothly, not even suffering any lag once we passed the Day 100 benchmark (although we had less map explored on this character --- maybe about 55%). All was going well and we finally discovered the Volcano. Going inside and coming back out once had no detrimental effects, but Dry Season started as soon as we left, so we hurried to get an offering as soon as possible. Within a game day, we were back inside the Volcano, offered a sacrifice, appeased the altar, and selected the exit back outside. As soon as the exit was touched, the game crashed with the same "corrupted save" message as the OP. Note that in this world, we never linked it to any other world.

The corrupted data caused ALL Don't Starve information to be deleted. All saves were wiped with no record of any playthroughs, not even the Vanilla game or RoG. All characters were wiped (we only had two characters left to unlock---and the main save with Warly was about to walk the item over to unlock one of them), and the only available character is now Wilson. It may also be worth noting that when the prompt came up with the corrupted save file, we chose "Retry", then "Cancel", hoping to avoid deleting any useful information.

Unfortunately, as I type this, we are trying to copy the corrupted file onto a USB drive, in the hopes that maybe something can be restored, or at least this gamebreaking bug can be eventually fixed, but it doesn't work. I can try to provide more information as we remember it, but it seems that the actual files are too corrupt to even touch. Once the PSN is available, we may be able to recover something from the cloud saves.

I'm sad to say that this has broken our spirits a bit, but we are willing to start over again, and we're even excited about DST on the console, but only if we know that this sort of thing won't happen again. Please let us know if there's anything more we can do to assist you in fixing this game.

(Sorry to piggyback onto this other post, but it seemed to make more sense than to start a new thread about the same problem)

darcblade    1

I've come across the same issue twice now. Once towards the start of the Shipwrecked DLC and just yesterday. While at first it was heart breaking to loose unlocked characters and advanced worlds but I was able to partly solve some of the issue. Luckily an older saved data file was on the PS Plus online storage so was able to download and overwrite the corrupt data file. Okay it meant I lost a little progress (still have to unlock Woodlegs again :( ) but it saved me from having to unlock everyone else and keep some of my more advanced worlds. 

I didn't see this thread until after I had replaced the corrupted file so cannot send it to you unless it happens again. All I can tell you is that it happen twice while doing the same thing. It triggered for me when transitioning out of the Volcano while playing as Wilbur in Shipwrecked. Here's hoping that this issue can be fixed.

Shunterio    0

No luck on trying to copy the corrupted file save, it will not let you even select the file to copy.like sum else said it deletes everything. Every save, Every character unlock, it's like I never played this game and I have been playing since we got it 2years ago. Heart broken bug