What character do you main & why?

Huh, I can't believe I haven't posted in this thread yet. Well my main character should be fairly obvious when you look at my avatar here. I just like Maxwell's perks plus he has a pretty interesting backstory. Because of his natural sanity regeneration he can use dark swords and night armor a lot and recover from their use pretty easily. His puppets are ok I guess. The only one I use on a regular basis tends to be the digger and occasionally I'll use the miner as well. The duelists are just really bad in my opinion. I only use them when going insane to farm nightmare fuel. I feel like the sanity wasted on the duelists would have been better spent on a dark sword instead. Being able to use Wickerbottom's books is another great pro as well.

Just now, VarsoZergy said:

i don't understand the hate about the shadow duelist

They die very, very quickly. 75 hp and no damage reduction. That's less health then a freaking spider. Sure the kiting behavior helps, but all it takes is just a couple hits for them to die. It's also nearly impossible to walk through a swamp without them going off to attack a tentacle. It's also annoying when they go and attack spiders only to agro the entire next. Heck, it's annoying when they go off and attack anything I don't want them to. That's why I hate playing as Wendy and using Abigail. But at least Abigail is able to take a hit unlike the duelists.

On ‎8‎/‎28‎/‎2016 at 0:18 PM, EsaiXD said:

wathgirth*

wathgrithr*

I main Wigfrid for a few reasons. The main one being her healthsteal ability. I can easily heal after tanking deerclops (I usually take all the damage while my team hits / dodges) by killing spiders, which restore 4 health each. Also, her helm and spear are pretty cheap and are better than most cheap equipment ingame (stronger than spear, x2 durability of football helm). And if anyone's gunna tell me "gold isn't all that cheap y'know" well lemme just tell you. If you get a spider farm and a birdcage you can get craploads a gold by trading monster meat -> eggs -> gold. (almost everyone here already knows that lol). And if anyone dares say "she only eats meat" well I have a simple answer for that. Hunt. You can live off of cooked monster meat for the whole winter as long as u consistently kill spiders and shadow creatures. Overall, Wigfrid (or wathgrithr, as reffered to in the game files) is a pretty good character, and can support both herself and a team of players. Also, Wigfrid + Wolfgang team in pvp = OP.

Maxwell, why? Being able to build a base with everything you need by day 5 is pretty neat, the shadows really get the job done, I can be picking grass n' twigs and they'd be finished choppin' and mining about 3 stacks of 40 rocks, gold, and logs. Quite useful, if I do say so myself. 

Woodie's also pretty great. :D

Archived