What character do you main & why?

On 08/30/2016 at 2:11 AM, ADinosaur said:

Willow isn't THAT hard. Sure, she can be a challenge at the start, but if you're having trouble with sanity as willow you're playing her wrong in my opinion. Willow to me excels at rushing certain items such as drying racks & lanterns. But hey, it all comes down to opinion & choice on what we want to play as.

Are you sure you quoted the right person? Because I honestly don't remember having sanity issues with Willow.

Usually pick based on who else is in the game, or what we're doing, if there's an actual plan.
Wigfrid if I can get into the world early-on, she's a great nomad so exploring the map and setting up quickly is pretty easy. Maxwell if there's a Wicker willing to make books. That sort of thing.

Wendy if there's no need for anything specific. Everything about her feels right. She's so utterly depressing that it's adorable. I'd even consider her a good character to balance the others around other than Abi's AI ABI NO STOP WHYYY, once they get around to that.
I'd probably main Willow just because of her lines, but...she needs something. Maybe not even a buff, just some sort of rework with less focus on stuffed animals? She doesn't feel like FIRE. She should be fire.

I main WX-78 mostly because of his dietary traits, helps alot for when food is scarce so you can eat spoiled meaty stew with no penalties,his overcharge is pretty good too. I dont really care about his upgrades since i use gears for icebox,ice flingo,and morning star. It is good though for excessive amounts of gears(tumbleweeds).   2nd main is webber due to dietary stats and his beard for early silk and infinite source!

Webber.
Mainly for adorableness reasons because let's face it, the fluffy spider kid's cuteness knows no bounds.
Having spider pals is pretty nice too.

My second is Woodlegs for reasons I'm still trying to work out.
(It's probably the whole 'salty sea dog' thing he's got going on but idk.
But that's just main game second.)

I like Wendy and WX-78 the best. Wendy because of her adorably morbid personality, DEM SKINS, and general all-around utility in resource gathering and exploring. WX because... well, do you like not having to worry about anything ever? I certainly do. Also, DEM SKINS!!

Wigfrid, though I will admit that she's relatively overpowered. I just like being able to provide for a base, making sure everyone's got armor and no one ever goes hungry. I can set up a bee farm and harvest without fear of bee stings hurting me too badly, and can farm spiders and actually GAIN sanity from it. 

I like Wendy a lot too though, gotta love Abigail.

*ahem*

Spoiler

WOODIE FOREVER!

Least favorite is definitely webber. I've had bad experiences with webber players on public servers, always planting spider dens in their bases making them uninhabitable for everyone else, and then tearing down pig houses when they visit other people's bases.

This is how I feel about the characters

Wilson: useless

Willow: ok for herself, useless in team

Wendy: weak, maybe 2 or 3 of them can help

Wolfgang: strong, needs a lot of food though

WX-78: ok for himself, useless in team, but OP in late game

Wickerbottom: 1 is enough for a big team, hard to maintain sanity

Woodie: easy sanity, can get some wood, annoying fullmoons

Wes: too UP

Maxwell: weak, 1 in the team is enough for mining and book reading

Wigfrid: strong, can make helmets and spears

Webber: ok for himself, useless in team

3 hours ago, filipsperl said:

tumblr_m1kkqb6qbx1qfaxt5.gif

4 hours ago, filipsperl said:

You love DS characters do you.

Wendy! I adore her morbid nature as it's rather similar to my own and, well, a ghost following her around isn't too far off from myself either. I only ever play on (heavily modded) friends-only servers with a couple of friends, admittedly, and since I tend to play Wendy, who is weak, I get to play "bird mom" (my nickname is Bird) and just take care of things at base, which is fine with me, since it allows me to choose how things are laid out, organize, et cetera. (Usually the other two players are Wigfrid and Wolfgang, so I spend lots of time cooking.)

I even modeled the pose of my display picture after "funeral Wendy" when I drew it. :)

Webber because he plays very differently and doesn't like wendy (unlike me in single player).

His low sanity means fuel farming and spiders are awesome to have around (although I need a second base cuz no one wants to be near spiders.

Yeah, next time deerclops kills you all, come to may spider queens!

Archived