What character do you main & why?

1 hour ago, SuperPsiPower said:

I'm stuck between Maxwell, Wes and Wilson.

Wilson because that beard is just right, and just an all-around basic character.

Maxwell because he spoils me with his shadow minions.

Wes cause mimes have too OP since the dawn of time, in which Wes descended upon the mortal skrubs and blessed them with dnak gestures, and to this day whenever a Wes joins the game, people applaud him due to his magnificence and elegance and overall dnakness and still haven't been nerfed once to this day.

FTFY

11 hours ago, Arlesienne said:

The first sentence is fine (about dapper minions, basically). The second one, I Greatly Disapprove of. Webber's one precious cutie-pie. And this goes from a person who gets literally Webber angels (@Fortie, @W1B-R, @pizzapocketful and my friend Naran) or demons (one trauma conga line of griefers).

Willow isn't THAT hard. Sure, she can be a challenge at the start, but if you're having trouble with sanity as willow you're playing her wrong in my opinion. Willow to me excels at rushing certain items such as drying racks & lanterns. But hey, it all comes down to opinion & choice on what we want to play as.

Currently my main is Wickerbottom for the plenty reasons stated before: earlier tech stuff which leads to quickly make an advanced base, even if you spent 10 days exploring. Add powerful gamechanging books, virtually unlimited tentacle spikes, tentacle-dense areas as safe zones to fight stuff, unlimited and fairly cheap sleep effect spell, more feathers that you can find use for, and easier krampus killing attempts. Her disadvantage is easy to compensate, and the books offer powerful lategame strategic choices to face whatever horrible teammates the land throws at you.

Webber was my first main, and I still love the little guy, but in lategame after food issues have been entirely solved and you don't really need more silk or glands, I don't really see much advantage to play as him. The only Webber-specific lategame strat I liked as him (day 100+) was to always carry around 4 or 5 nests, and a full stack of silk, and be able to quickly deploy them when needed, upgrade to t3 and use them as an insta army summon. But spiders don't really add much to the table against giants, ruins shadows, etc, which eventually limits a lot its usage and it becomes more of a hassle (despite the lulz of the first times you made appear 20+ spiders instantly out of your backpack to kill that ewecus/varg/younameit) then you can just use the same army to give you back the nest and continue your journey.

I love Maxwell's (who can resist that nose) concept of a character and I'd love to main as him in a near future: The squishy character that can summon help and has a special regenerative (sanity) power to use at his advantage.
So far my efforts of using him had mixed results though. I keep finding myself using minions to quickly gather huge loads of wood and stone early on, and then never get the need to use them again, for at least a year of ingame time. I think in one hand I still need more practice with him, but also, I think the way Maxwell handles his minions could use a little tweak.
Shadow Duelists, despite giving "in theory" a larger DPS to Maxwell, seem to suck in the current state and do die to most (if not all) things. I do like @rezecib 's mod take on fixing the shadows, though. I think lategame's Maxwell should be able to go around wearing armor, dank swords, and 2 duelists assisting him at all times.
Nevertheless, I'll keep trying to master the dear ol' Waxwell in his current state.

My first main was Wendy. I loved how she looked, her attitude, her ghost, everything about her. I played her every server i would join. I even got myself a name! I was ''That Wendy Main'', felt pretty good. After a  while, i got bored of her. So i moved on. I still occasionally play her.

Webber was my second main, and he still is. God, i love that cute spooder kid. I usually have problems with silk, but with him i always have tons of it. He is pretty boring in Late Game, but who could say no to that cute spooder kid? ;)

Eh, i sometimes play Workshop Characters aswell. Like the Waluigi Character Mod.

~*OOTAY*~

On 8/30/2016 at 7:10 AM, Ootay said:

My first main was Wendy. I loved how she looked, her attitude, her ghost, everything about her. I played her every server i would join. I even got myself a name! I was ''That Wendy Main'', felt pretty good. After a  while, i got bored of her. So i moved on. I still occasionally play her.

Webber was my second main, and he still is. God, i love that cute spooder kid. I usually have problems with silk, but with him i always have tons of it. He is pretty boring in Late Game, but who could say no to that cute spooder kid? ;)

Eh, i sometimes play Workshop Characters aswell. Like the Waluigi Character Mod.

~*OOTAY*~

Man.... with all those dope signatures going around like with @CaptainChaotica, I oughta get in on it.

-Love Sergeant Scumlord 

8 minutes ago, Mikeadatrix said:

Man.... with all those dope signatures going around like with @CaptainChaotica, I oughta get in on it.

-Love Sergeant Scumlord 

Actually, my ''signature'' is a sound from the game League of Legends :^) The character is called Bard, and he only makes music.

~*OOTAY*~

I main Willow, cuz I love her sassy sauce, her looks and mainly personality. She is a bit challenging yet super useful in both ds and dst. Even tho she has some negative perks, she is still useful to be a support character in dst, which I actually like to be as in many games :p

Her teddy bear is cute (in a bit of an odd way), yet helpful for fighting and farming nightmares, and with her little flame she can cook or set things on fire to warm them peoples buns with her burning love <3

3 hours ago, Mantas said:

I main Willow, cuz I love her sassy sauce, her looks and mainly personality. She is a bit challenging yet super useful in both ds and dst. Even tho she has some negative perks, she is still useful to be a support character in dst, which I actually like to be as in many games :p

Her teddy bear is cute (in a bit of an odd way), yet helpful for fighting and farming nightmares, and with her little flame she can cook or set things on fire to warm them peoples buns with her burning love <3

Sassy sauce. That's a new one. Mind if I add to my regular diction?

I'm a Webber type of gal. His stats are lower but I find it makes up for it because I have my little spider pals and infinite silk. Plus eating monster foods with no penalty is excellent in a pinch. 

Seconldy i'll go with WX but only if I put the Clockworks on high bc I like to be max stated in a few days xD

When I'm playing with friends, I'll often go Wickerbottom because her books and her starting knowledge is also really helpful.

When I'm alone, I've started to enjoy playing Maxwell more because he's an interesting mage-like character. I personally prefer the reworked version of him in DST, so it's a shame that he's not like that in vanilla. Otherwise it's either Wicker or WX.

I did use to main Warly, but he unfortunately got nerfed very harshly to the point where he's probably the worst character in the game. #MakeWarlyGreatAgain!

Best for me to play is Wigfrid (you could say I main her) - combat character with a good and easy to make items without the -stomach full = best dmg . (and I like viking and their religion/myths/gods)

Favorite character and the one I play almost as often as Wigfrid is Maxwell - The most short explanation = I like anti-hero characters .

In Solo, my first main was Willow. I can't remember why though. Wickerbottom followed in her footsteps, setting my current record of 104 days. I really liked the immediate acces to, believe it or not, shovels. Now in both Solo an Multi I play Wendy, for the same reasons as other people mentioned. When there are multiple Wendies already, I usually do Wilson.

Archived