What character do you main & why?

14 minutes ago, Mikeadatrix said:

While all you fellers like your fancy schmancy perks and sitch, I main Wilson, not for the beard... but for the LOREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE, and his beard is pretty sick as well. And his hair is ultimate hair gel goals.this_ii_by_lavender_soul-d6xc7l4.gif

Who needs Gel with hair like this? 

1 hour ago, AnonymousKoala said:

Then you don't have such hair. Wilson(Nearly typed Lipton. Rip, time to sleep soon then)'s hair is M A G I C. Nothing bends it for more than a few seconds. It needs no Gel, no support. 

8 minutes ago, MeingroessterFan said:

The last Hairbender.

...If I say he does it with SCIENCE, will it be too cheesy to let me live?

Honestly, it depends on how I feel that day.  Though I usually main Webber due to how great it is to not be massacred by spiders or the Spider Queen if you step too close to them (and because I was my RP group's Webber).  But recently I switched up my character in the group and started maining Wolfgang.  He fits my playstyle a lot better (aka punch everything) and I love the fact that he seems like such a nice guy from the looks of his script.  (I await the lore for him if we get any.)

But when I'm not RP with my friends, I tend to go with Wigfrid due to said playstyle and I actually die a lot less.

1 hour ago, Mikeadatrix said:

And his hair is ultimate hair gel goals.

Where's the lore about how his hair stays so perfect?  The people want answers!

Wendy. For the longest time I played only Wilson for the "purist" experience, but when I started playing with other characters I quickly fell in love with Abigail, the spider murder dispenser. She's also great at dispensing bee and splumonkey murder, which is great for clearing the killer bee land bridges and easy food while tearing up the ruins. Giants and depths worms are kind of a bust, though, and if I have to go into the swamp for something I have to go without my murder machine for a couple days. Reduced sanity drain at night is nice too, and lets me make do without items that others would benefit from more, like tams.

8 hours ago, Mikeadatrix said:

While all you fellers like your fancy schmancy perks and sitch, I main Wilson, not for the beard... but for the LOREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE, and his beard is pretty sick as well. And his hair is ultimate hair gel goals.this_ii_by_lavender_soul-d6xc7l4.gif

I just have a thing for characters with a story too.
And the hair, good god, it's amazing.

Recently saw this question on reddit, so I'll just copy-paste part of my answer from there to here:

Webber, because I like his dynamic. Both gameplay wise and concept wise.

I've always loved the motif of good guys and bad guys swapping roles, and that's what Webber is. Spiders good, pigs bad.

I also dislike the spider wars strategy. I'll use it if I must, but I don't like it. I more enjoy luring pigs or bunnymen on the webbing, letting the spiders maul them, and picking up the prizes.

That said, I'm not above leaving rabbit traps by the nest. War-induced genocide is one thing. A little cannibalism to aid survival isn't quite as bad.

Spiders understand us.

I almost never play anyone but Webber. In RoG I'll sometimes play Wilburn because I feel he fits right into both the world and my playstyle.

But I usually pick Webber.

8 minutes ago, MeingroessterFan said:

What. Did. You. Just. Whisper. About. My. Baby?!?!?!

The first sentence is fine (about dapper minions, basically). The second one, I Greatly Disapprove of. Webber's one precious cutie-pie. And this goes from a person who gets literally Webber angels (@Fortie, @W1B-R, @pizzapocketful and my friend Naran) or demons (one trauma conga line of griefers).

I main WX-78 like 98% of the time. Mainly because he doesn't have many downsides. As long as you find the ruins and get tons of gears youre basically set. Me and my friend usually play together as WX and Wendy, when the food spoils, I can just eat it. All you really need to protect from the rain is an umbrella, which is pretty easy to make.

Archived