What character do you main & why?

Personally I main Willow because of her lighter. With the lighter I can go into the mines & mass produce lanterns on day 1. Sure, every character can do that, but Willow does it the most effectively because of her lighter. That way everyone else can start exploring & making the base while I get them all lanterns. Plus, giving people lanterns give a secret +10 relationship with the two parties.

12 minutes ago, Lumina said:

I play wickerbottom.  I like being able to make science machine stuff without science machine, being able to make bakpack or shovel early game is a freedom i would miss too much.

Also, the books are greats !

Every time I see a wicker bottom regrow all of the grass, twigs, & berries. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3ALwKeSEYs

26 minutes ago, ADinosaur said:

Personally I main Willow because of her lighter. With the lighter I can go into the mines & mass produce lanterns on day 1. Sure, every character can do that, but Willow does it the most effectively because of her lighter. That way everyone else can start exploring & making the base while I get them all lanterns. Plus, giving people lanterns give a secret +10 relationship with the two parties.

You pretty much nailed it on the head! Willow is the best character, in my opinion. Apart from that she really reminds me a lot of myself. Personality wise, we have a lot in common. A lot of the same quirks too. Nerf or not, she'll always be my main.
(( there are a ton of 'elitists' that will tell you that she's the worst though. I really think it's all up to your strategy and how you use it ))

• Developer

Joining public servers, Wigfrid, because starting gear and perks. "Where is all your meat at, I mean base!, where is the base at"

When playing locally hosted with my wife, I use the Wanda the Druid mod because it is different. And because my wife takes Wigfrid.

Wendy! Because I'm pretty bad at fighting in general (I'm more of a base builder) and it's nice to have my homegirl Abby mass kill spiders or whatever while I do something else. And I find her youthful fascination in death kinda charming. 

I do wes just cause i like feeling weak or if not a pick wendy,webber or maxwell cause having people do all your work as you just sit there is really nice. also using the balloons in a huge trap then setting them off for the big POP POP POP.. Its just like bubble rap but can somehow somewhere kill you.

Willow. She has a portable freakin' campfire and a stuffed bear that is cuter than the cute animal thread (almost anyways). Plus, free sanity from doing nothing while standing by a campfire, woot! Plus, with bloom on, fire is most definitely the prettiest thing in this game. There's nothing not to love <3

I tend to rotate between Willow (unnerfed), Wigfrid, and Wendy...for pretty much all the reasons said here.  In normal Don't Starve, before I got together, Willow was EASILY my best character--I don't know what it is, but she totally fits my play style and I have _fun_ playing her regardless of her disadvantages.  Heck, all my solo records were made while playing Willow--longest vanilla run, longest RoG run, (I haven't played Shipwrecked very much and can't remember who got the longest run on that), first time killing a giant (Deerclops), biggest base, etc. The only exception is that Wigfrid had the longest run in a "total chaos" world--everything turned up to "more" or "lots".  EVERYTHING.  She lasted _almost_ 100 days...then I messed up and went through a wormhole too late at night, couldn't light the firepit at my alternate base in time, and pfft.

Speaking of Wigfrid, my first tries at her were AWFUL--desperate running around starving, making things in the wrong order 'cos I didn't get how to do it yet, and a lot of "F$@# it!" and turning around to fight a Treeguard while I was already dying because _why not_....but as soon as I got the hang of her...well, all my _Together_ records have been set with Wigfrid.  Including my longest run, which is at 432 days (on the live branch, not beta) and still going.  :D (Also with the season-lengths randomised...and I ended up with THE longest possible winter, at 40 days.  THIS is the world I've done the very best in ever.  This one.)

Wendy I like for her spookiness, Abigail and the whole overall atmosphere.  And of course, Abby helps a lot when you want to wipe out a spider nest and get some silk for crafting early on. In Together, she's also kind of the character I have the most fun dressing up.  :)

...Notorious

3 hours ago, ScottHansen said:

Wigfred

Wigfrid*

I myself enjoy Wickerbottom for being able to craft such items such as the backpack, and shovel early on for others and being able to access the lantern and football helmets without a alchemy engine is also quite helpful for teammates when a Wigfrid isn't around to make battle helms.

The books are also quite nice as well having many synergies with other characters such, as using Horticulture for Wolfgangs and everyone in the group, using on tentacles to spawn tentacles near spider dens to allow Webber to direct said spiders to said tentacles, reading birds of the world + sleepy time stories to produce meat for Wigfrid and gather a ton of feathers so that we may pelt our enemies with DARTS OF FLAMING FIR-*ahem* I'm getting carried away, anyway!...

...I guess calling down lightning, brimstone, and hell fire down from the heavens to strike an automation friend is kind of cool I guess?

Willow is my main, I find starting off with a lighter to be pretty handy, plus she's the character I relate to the most. I really do wish they'd improve Willow's stats in DST after all freezing at low sanity is just a plain awful detriment. 

Usually Wigfrid, but I've grown a bit tired of using her all the time, so I've started maining Maxwell. Sometimes might take Woodie or Wickerbottom. Wolfgang might be cool to use too, I guess, but... needs pig skin or Wigfrid already on the server, otherwise I'm very squishy. As for the rest... I think they needs more buffs. Or perhaps I might just need to get more familiar with the other characters. Or both. Would love to use Willow, but unless she really does gets some decent buffs, what's the point?

WX. I mean, who wouldn't like having 400 Health, 200 Hunger, and 300 Sanity? Also, it's really useful to recover almost all your health with gears. Another reason I love him, he can eat stale and spoiled food without penalties. I'm that kind of person that when spawns gets a bit too much food, and ends up with 80 berries in the inventory, staling. And with his ability to overcharge, you could survive winter using it if you have a wickerbottom overcharging you. And he only has one little perk: Takes a bit damage in the rain. But if you use a rain coat/ Eyebrella, You shouldn't worry about it too much. WX is by far my favorite character.

35 minutes ago, fb03 said:

WX. I mean, who wouldn't like having 400 Health, 200 Hunger, and 300 Sanity? Also, it's really useful to recover almost all your health with gears. Another reason I love him, he can eat stale and spoiled food without penalties. I'm that kind of person that when spawns gets a bit too much food, and ends up with 80 berries in the inventory, staling. And with his ability to overcharge, you could survive winter using it if you have a wickerbottom overcharging you. And he only has one little perk: Takes a bit damage in the rain. But if you use a rain coat/ Eyebrella, You shouldn't worry about it too much. WX is by far my favorite character.

Oh, right... I completely forgot about that OP guy :D

10 hours ago, GiddyGuy said:

using on tentacles to spawn tentacles near spider dens

i actually dislike this a lot  specially if the wicker doesn't say anything about spawning them  when i go and harvest my spiders then get greeted with a tentacle to the face. this apply to both spiders and rabbits since those seem to be the prime targets of tentacle shenanigans.

also for wx i dont mind him if the player is kind and not completely selfish i only really mean this to newer players really who instantly consume gears without questioning the gears existence. and this has happened a couple of times when saving 2 gears for a flingo and some random wx comes and eats them.

10 hours ago, GiddyGuy said:

Wigfrid*

wathgirth*

Archived