10 hours ago, EuedeAdodooedoe said:

@Lumina just use berries you picked from the same berry bush to lure them to it and then kill the gobblers as they walk to them.

Sometimes i just like using a 100% success, lazy method. Berries, i could miss the gobbler if i don't time right, red cap no. So of course, there is another option, but each option have advantage and inconvenient.

Some people prefers options you consider as less efficient. It's a perfectly acceptable choice.

I understand that most of you people on the forums get pretty frustrated when new topics are being made by the same person with no real reason but to just complain, but at the same time you should be constructive and have a civil debate, if not the topics get locked and the cycle is repeated. I'll admit whenever I see one of Euede's topics I slap my face and groan as I read it. (lol) So can we all just relax and discuss Don't Starve Together related content? I'm not taking sides, nor do I want to; but these types of conflicts keep happening and it's about time it's stopped. 

Anyways,

14 hours ago, EuedeAdodooedoe said:

Well, actually this is for DST AND DS, so, it's a mix and match of various things.

Why did you include items that exist in SW/DS when this is the Don't Starve Together forum and they have nothing to do with each other?

Creative but irrelevant.

Night Lights - Extremely useful in single player Vanilla and RoG. Completely and utterly useless in DST and Shipwrecked (wait, can you even craft these in Shipwrecked worlds?), but regardless, the bigger problem is with DST. It's an item that exists there

Why is this in the game again? lol -- Also what benefit does it give in RoG as opposed to DST?.

Insulated Pack - for a giant's item that also takes 3 gears, this is so useless, I can't even. Rezecib has made a mod which increases its slots to 8, but this approach just makes its concept useless if you get a piggy back or better yet a Krampus sack as it would just become a Backpack that has some of the Ice Box's traits to it. I'd suggest keeping the 6 slots, being able to keep food from going stale for just as long as in Ice Box if it doesn't already, keep ice from melting forever, cool down Thermal stones and Make it inflammable, because none of its craftables actually burn, unless you count that the fur tufts that make up thick fur burn individually, but the thick fur itself does not! Same goes for single player.

Recent experimentation with the insulation pack has proved to be very useful in doing long term trips from base i.e going to ruins, fighting Dragonfly, or just farming things. So it's not as bad as people make it out to be, it seems useless but could be useful in different scenarios. Here's an example: To farm Krampus sacks, I make like 10-15 rabbit hutches in a circle and in the middle is a flingomatic and a box of stone walls, I put a carrot in the square and I close it off and use the star caller staff in the middle of the square, now bunnies are attracted to the carrot and try to get it, but its closed off  and they moonwalk to the center, at the same time the carrot's being smoldered by the star and prompts the flingomatic to constantly throw ice near the carrots, freezing the bunnies and making it easier to kill all the bunnies to build naughtiness and eventually have Krampus spawn, and while doing this entire process having the pack is great because my hambat and food that drops stays fresh during it. I call it the Food-o-matic 2.0™

34 minutes ago, SuperPsiPower said:
15 hours ago, EuedeAdodooedoe said:

Why is this in the game again? lol -- Also what benefit does it give in RoG as opposed to DST?.

I guess that it's because in DS RoG, you gain fuel when the nightmare phase end, when in DST you have to be in a particular state to gain this fuel, making it a lot harder to obtain and you can't fuel the Night Lights without effort.

Also, i think that this kind of topic isn't bad but isn't really well organized. Things are listed in heavy wall of text, and it's hard to see the items that really needs improvement in the middle of all the items "ok but i don't use them often" and "not my playstyle".

For example, i rarely use stinger. I don't make a lot of sleep dart and i play in wilderness mode (no "booster shot"), so i often end with a lot of stinger (either for angry bee in spring of killing red bee when destroying wasphive). So for me, it's nearly useless. But i guess that someone using booster shot will rate it with a better score.

So i think it would be better to order the list with something like :

Non renewable - hard to renew

Non-renewable things make the item dependant of it less usefull and discourage people of making item using the resource, fearing to make it disappears of the world.

- Fireflies

- Ferns

- Marble (earthquake) (note : marble also lacks utility, see later)

- Mandrake

Lacks utility :

These items are used in few recipe or recipe not really attractive. Often people will end with a lot of them in chest, or will not bother to pick them up.

- Stinger : (wilderness mode) : useful only for sleep dart

- Broken Shell : only used for a decorative item.

Not good enough to use/too expensive to make

Recipe that cost too much for what they give.

- Insulated pack : ask for 3 gears and lacks slots.

Others

Various items.

Ok, it's just an example, and maybe the category could be better.

When some use exist for the item, you could add a line after it to explain. Like

- Red Cap : mostly used as a filler. The health damage could be used to kill creature eating food on the ground.

So this way, you could see that "broken shell" have only one use, for a decorative item, that stinger could be usefull in some mode but less usefull in others, that red cap is mostly a filler and have a little additionnal use, so it's easier to order the list and know "if i want to make an useless item more usefull, i could start by broken shell"

12 hours ago, PeterA said:

:(

I vowed not to visit such threads to protect my frail health as being insulted in a fashion known from the times not-so-past is heavily detrimental to it, but when the devs post sad faces, I need to step in.

O Klei Dev, my Klei Dev, there is no point in despairing. The original poster's opinion is an individual thing. Red caps are one of the most potent poisons in the game. They're cheap as dirt and work just as well for characters with damage penalties. With a big stash or red caps and monster meat, my beloved Wes and his nerfed modded cousin can solo the bearger - with brains, not with brawns! Some people like taking monsters head-on. Others prefer a subtle approach. I find trapping and using the environment to my advantage much more satisfying than brute force. It all boils down to personal preferences. Using strong statements like "nobody" and "useless" lends no credibility to the original poster. There are many overlooks made.

1. Breezy vests are good for early spring as they also protect from wetness. The name itself implies they are not very warm.

2. Every recipe prototyped gives a boost to sanity. The more numerous the recipes, the more frequent the chances of such boosts - perfect in the ruins, for instance (prebuilding structures before going spelunking should be more popular).

3. About things like eyeballs, the train of thought assumes every mob has to be aggroed and defeated. It is a completely fallacious assumption.

4. If we stuck to just the most popular recipes, the game would be much less fun to play. A lot mostly look dashing (nightlights and pirate hats, for instance). They have a place in the game just as much as essentials like logsuits do.

To sum it up, it speaks better of us not to allow ourselves to be engaged in a debate gone rogue. I dearly prefer to get new shinies from A New Reign than have the devs obsessing over how to fine-tune the not-as-obviously-worthwhile items. It is my stance snd that's it. Not allow me to arrange for an expeditious retreat before I am insulted once more. Thank you.

Personally I think we should have seperated slot for clothing and backpack. Like.. that doesn't make much sense right? That we can either wear clothes or backpack.

That's for balancing, though. You can either have the extra carry space, OR the protection from damage/cold/heat/acidic H2O.

Edit: Apparently I quoted the wrong comment for this reply before... I'm not sure if I broke everything now, this editing program has a mind of its own I tell you.

3 hours ago, Arlesienne said:

I dearly prefer to get new shinies from A New Reign than have the devs obsessing over how to fine-tune the not-as-obviously-worthwhile items

Both are important. Finding the right balance is hard, but you can't only add new things, you must be cautious about the utility of old things.

So, of course, only improving old things will not be really fun, but only adding new resources will make people feeling that all the effort to acquire old things are useless since it will never be used.

Look at the news things :

Moonlens : new use for gems and moon nuggets (olds items)

Compass : new use for sharing position (old item)

Cartographer desk : another use for compass (old item)

Maps : new use for papyrus (old item) and new ingredient

It's a balance : you have a new things, but you have news use for olds things. Of course, you have sometime to put something entirely new, like the item for crafting map, because this way, people will have to discover new things and will not rely only on old stock in chest.

But it's perfectly fine, when you want to add something in the game, to ask "ok, what deserve a better use ? This item is in few recipe, if i add it, people will search for ways to obtain it, will go in place they don't often visit, will"...

13 minutes ago, FTR said:

Personally I think we should have seperated slot for clothing and backpack. Like.. that doesn't make much sense right? That we can either wear clothes or backpack.

It make people make choice. Do i wear a backpack and have more space ? Do i prefer an armor ? Or a protection against weather ?
Also, it's a good way to add better items, that will fullfil two use and are better reward, for example.

If you could wear a backpack and an armor, the choice is gone.

3 hours ago, Arlesienne said:

the above post

Yes.  Good GOD yes.  Everything here.  Arlesienne basically said what I was going for, only much better--some things are only "useless" for certain playstyles, other things add style and individuality, and then there's the prototyping sanity bonus.

And Euede--my problem with you being negative is that you are ALWAYS negative.  It brings the forum down.  It makes everything a little whinier, a little meaner, a little sadder.  And for pete's sake, I'm on freaking _medication_ for depression. Could you not.  For just five minutes, could you not. I refuse to believe "it's just your way" no it isn't, it's just that you don't WANT to do anything but complain here!  You are perfectly capable of posting something with a happy feel to it every now and then.  You really are.  The complaining is getting so...OLD...

Everyone else--my problem with this thread and Euede in general is not that he complains sometimes. It's that EVERY.  SINGLE.  THREAD! he starts is negative.   Now, I don't think the game is perfect either, but _geezus_!  The thing is, he says each one of these things seperately and in this eye-catching way like it's Really Important and an Emergency! and Something We All Care About That MUST Be Fixed NOW!

...when in fact, most of the time it's just stuff that HE, personally, wants fixed for him.  His anti-griefing topics do at least have _some_ general relevance (although the methods he'd use to prevent it I'm not sure about) but he's always going on about stuff that "everybody" wants or "nobody" wants or that is "useless" when what he means is, "This isn't exactly perfect for ME."  He assumes that he's always right, that EVERYbody shares his opinion or that they will soon, and that his opinions are the most important thing ever. 

And he makes MULTIPLE topic threads about the same.  Damn.  Thing.  Sometimes even with innocent-sounding titles to lure you in!

You do realise that Back In the Day(tm), gamers would've DREAMED of this kind of access--normally, games were released and that was it.  Later on you might possibly get a patch or an old problem would be fixed as part of an expansion pack.  Players weren't able to instantly bend the ear of the actual developers themselves, casually, any time they wanted. That is SUCH luxury by older gaming standards.  Now that we _do_ have that ability...perhaps we should save it only for BIG things, so that our voices don't just become so much background noise? If you complain about every single little thing, after a while people start tuning you out.

...or to put it another way, if you keep pretending that Big Important Emergencies are happening that aren't...nobody's gonna be listening when the wolf actually DOES show up to eat the villagers.

...Notorious

13 minutes ago, CaptainChaotica said:

my problem with this thread

I understand perfectly what is your problem. If i answer, it's because i hope that people constructive about what could be a little useless or not attractive could help the dev better than the big list of "all that is wrong in this game and need to be fixed now"

Like, i find stinger not really useful. I don't bother with razor : i make one, once, shave some beefaloo and never use it again. I never pick up mandrake because they aren't renewable, and don't use fireflie as fuel for the same reason. Same for picking ferns in cave. I have the feeling i'm wasting things and i don't like it.
I don't know if spores have an use, but i never try to catch them because they seems useless.

Guano for me is a kind of worst manure, i would like it to have unique use.

All of this is my playstyle. Alone, it's not more relevant than the original post. But if, here, we let each a little comment of what we find a little useless, maybe the dev could tell "ok, a lot of people would like [this item] to have more use, and [this equipement] to be better" and could be inspired by our feedback.

So the negativity of the original post could be erased by constructive comments :)

Okay, yeah--guano. Why can't it be used to make a farm?  It's another kind of poop, after all!  But you can only use it to fertilise, not _make_.  For those who take forever to find beefalo but find cave entrances really easily, it'd speed things up...

And THAT'S my legit complaint about something in the game that was mentioned here.  (bows)  Thank you.

...Notorious

Ok despite my laziness imma write some more. I haven't read entire @EuedeAdodooedoe post, I am just writing my thoughts.

There are some useless items in the game BUT, not every item has to be good. Some items are here for variety purposes. Plus, some generally useless items, are not too bad on some certain characters. Like hunger belt on wolfgang or insulation pack on wolfgang, not too bad. What else, Ice cube on maxwell?

There are some things, however, that indeed could be better. Those items are so bad that nobody really ever uses them because there are better alternatives in any circumstances for all characters.

Night Lights - Generally useless, "fancyness" is useless. BUT like some people said, may be good on characters that are great at farming nightmare fuel, but it's still way better to use it to craft Dark Swords than waste it as fuel.

Insulated Pack - Decent on wolfgang. I am always torn between this and hunger belt. Why the hell can't we use both?

Weather Pain - Never felt like its worth to waste precious materials on crafting this.. thing. I feel like this is one of items that's there just for the sake of variety.

Broken shells - Fancy pots. My only complain is that it's another non renewable resource. I think every resource in the game should be renewable, even with tiny chance (like some gems from tumbleweeds).

Shelmet - Variety, decent head armor? Good armor should not be aquired in reliable way. Problem with that, and other "elite" items in dst is that it's not really worth effort to get those items for few percent more resistance or damage. It's way better to craft 10 football helmets than 1 shelmet, for any fight.

Ferns - Should respawn.

Belt of Hunger, Summer Frest, Rain coat and all other torso-related clothing - Agree completly. I often choose belt of hunger/rain coat etc. because it's useful/neccessary (wolfgang) and then get really annoyed by how little can I pick (especially as I am hoarder type). There is no logical reason to mix. enviornmental resistances with backpack slots, those are seperated things and one does not affect another in terms of balance.. What's difference between having more warmth and backpack slots and having only one of those? Does 2nd option make game any harder? No, it doesn't, it just make it more annoying becuase you are forced to walk back for things you left behind because of no backpack slots. Besides it affects characters that absolutely need torso clothing, like Wolfgang and his belt of hunger.

Darts - I like them. Very situational. The only change I would like to see is to allow us to stack them, let's say up to 10 or something. Main problem with darts it's rather expensive materials (something you have to go and gather in specific place), so stacking them wouldn't really make game easier, it would just make it less annoying and popularize darts (cus atm. almost nobody uses them in reliable way, probably mostly because of.. slots).

Bunny puff - Variety plus you can craft some cool items from that.

Butter - It's like holy graal of this game. Every time I see butter on the ground I realize it's my lucky day. It serves great purpose for attracting animals as it spoils really slowly. And who doesn't like waffles?

Fireflies - AMAZING. thing. I love to put them around my base. My only complain is that it doesn't respawn. As I stated previously imo. every item in good survival game should be renewable in some way, even if it's difficult to do.

Chester - Agree. It's good in the beggining, but once everyone get walking cane, this thing is so frustrating that I would rather not use it. Myabe add another chester variation that we can craft that has more speed? More variety!

Glommer - I think Gloomer is amazing. You are desperate for sanity? Hug him. You are desperate for some fuel? Pick up his poop. You are desperate to fight Krampuses? Murder him. If his sanity aura would have larger area, he would be overpowered.

Foliage - Decor, I guess?

Gunpowder - This item is amazing. Just another way of killing animals/bosses which is more variety, which is good. Plus you can cause earthquake in caves and maybe gather some materials that fall.

Pan Flutes - Think of it as exclusive limited powerful item that you only use when very desperate. Like when you are overwhelmed by hounds or you lose control of Deerclops and it goes rogue or attacks your base. This should be renewable tho. even if in some rather difficult way.

Tents and Siesta Lean-tos - I think this is single most belowed item in dst. Tents are very powerful and everyone love them, well, except librarians. It may be even a little too overpowered.

Bee mine - Variety. I never found use for bee mines, but maybe other players did, even if it's just trolling others..

The Lazy Forager - Same as Pan Flute. Powerful rare item that you should only use when desperate. About to die? Just teleport away. It's also fun to use to cross rare ingame "rivers", but you probably shouldn't waste uses for that.

Various crock pot foods as well as some general foods - VARIETY, VARIETY, VARIETY! Not every food has to be powerful. Sometimes you may want to craft those less powerful foods. Like, what else can you do with 4 stacks of spoiling berries than just craft jam? If you would want all foods to be equal in power, you would have like 3 meals? One for each stat..

Marble suit and marble - Never felt like using it over 10 log suits but it's still good for tanking bosses. It's also decent for wolfgang whose mighty form speed bonus negates marble suit speed penalty.

One Man Band  - Yeah, crap. I never found use for it, maybe others did.

Ice Cube - Really bad item. Why would you use it over any other summer head clothing? At least it looks funny on you and pigs.

Fashion Melon - It's great because it's relatively easy to get so you can craft it when you are desperate. Variety.

Pick/Axe - Terrible item. It's not even variety because you should never waste those precious materials on this crap item.

Red cap - Great filler for desperate times, like all other mushrooms.

Slurper pelt - Not rare at all. In my last playthrough I had so many of those..

Walls - Walls are amazing. It's the only way to make your base true safe oasis in hostile world of Don't Starve, Besides, ever tried fighting Dragonfly without walls?

Deerclops Eyeball - Very rare, very useful. Sure, if you play solo you may think of it as not very useful, but imagine playing with 5 players, you need to go through 5 (!) seasons to get eyebrella for everyone.

Fur Tufts - I was always too lazy to farm thick fur and in my opinion things you can craft from it require too much of it. I would rather stop Bearger from destroying my world than follow him and pick thick fur for hours..

Thick Fur - Hibearnation Vest is great for Wolfgang until you get belt of hunger.

Overall the only thing I would really like to be changed is to allow us to wear backpack along with torso clothing. I really see no logical reason behind mixing backpack slots and enviornmental resistances. Like, those are two seperate things and do not interfere with each other. What's difference between having some more warmth and backpack and having just warmth? The only difference is that you have to go back to pick all materials you couldn't pick at first trip because of no slots. So in reality it's just time-wasting annoyance. I am hoarder type so it hurts me even more.  Besides it impairs characters that relly on torso clothing more than other charcters, like Wolfgang and his belt of hunger.
If not seperated slots, than maybe add clothing with pockets? Like semi-warm jacket with four pockets (slots). I am sure there is better way of balancing it than forcing us to make our trip multiple times only to pick up things we left behind.

1 hour ago, earthmate said:

i'm really surprised that throughout your extensive list, you didn't list phlegm. :wilson_curious:

It took me the whole day to write that large post and phlegm being something pretty new, it's something I'd expect Klei has in mind for in terms of usage. And some people have done a better job at explaining a lot of what I wanted to explain much better, it seems, so even though there's some things where you've kinda slipped on (e.g. The Lazy Forage mixed up with The Lazy Explorer), I think you guys have done a pretty good job, so kudos to @Lumina and @FTR :)

Look guys... I am the only one who's very much pessimistic overall and it very much works in my favor that I am... I don't want to create problems with other people and I know I should have put some more thought before laying out what I write and think about how to phrase it, but the fact that I'm pessimistic isn't going to change, because it doesn't do much harm to anybody in and of itself and, think about it; would the points I brought up in this topic would have been discussed if I didn't point them out without my pessimism being so strongly pessimistic? I highly doubt it. The highly optimistic mindset, I believe would simply make me and others shrug a large portion of them off and so more and more cranky stuff would pile up in the game that a lot of the time doesn't really work out with its uses as well as possibly initially intended; content being brought in, but what's the point of content if players don't actually interact with it to use them to their intended potential? Variety is great, but if a variant that's supposed to be more or less even in usage is inferior due to balance... and in this case you could take Insulated Pack and just... Backpack as an example... then the thing more or less becomes useless. By useless I don't mean they don't have features; but there aren't that many times when you'd actually utilize them for their purpose. Lets say Insulated Pack was buffed to a point where it kept ice frozen forever regardless the season (even in summer), froze thermal stone, had 60 insulation, became inflammable and had water resistance in its inventory. It would technically be better idea to use it between that and backpack in general, whilst competing with the Piggy back and the Krampus sack, making it a variant in the ranks of those two backpack items and not just the Backpack itself. Which, I'd argue should be that way, because it takes Thick fur and 3 gears for its recipe, which are a boss item and not-so-common item respectively.

How many more times do I need to say sorry and explain things to people to stop this prejudice and accusations that are being thrown at me? Should I just not post topics? Not post at all? Get out of here? Because it seems like I'm not wanted, so what's the point? I certainly want to improve the game. This is why I placed what I thought in a topic and actually asked what others thoughts are and what else that I've missed they might bring up; to create a discussion. But not one again about how I write things and the fact that I'm so negative and apparently I have to change that just because others here really want me to, but about the things that the topics are actually about.

40 minutes ago, EuedeAdodooedoe said:

words

For what it's worth, I reported the comments flinging abuse your way. While I don't fully agree with some of your points and find that you took things a bit too far in the past, I'm all for your right to express your criticism.

51 minutes ago, EuedeAdodooedoe said:

It took me the whole day to write that large post and phlegm being something pretty new, it's something I'd expect Klei has in mind for in terms of usage. And some people have done a better job at explaining a lot of what I wanted to explain much better, it seems, so even...

ah, sorry if you thought i was coming off as hostile with that. i wasn't. i understand that a lot of people disagree with you because of the way you express your opinions, but everyone does have a right to their own opinion, whether we agree with it or not. just keep doing what you do. :wilson_goodjob: no hard feelings from me!

@FTR One Man Band  - Yeah, crap. I never found use for it, maybe others did

I saw on the wiki that if you did the item in short burstes it was fine because they would still follow you for a good second before leaving

and you might just need to where a tophat or something and sanity wouldn't be that bad/ They had a tip on the wiki that it was useful for bunnyman because if you went to fight a boss or mob with them they would already be beardlords by the time you got there and you doesn't love beard hair.Plus bearlords are none hostile and do increased damage to the mob you want to fight

I personally like it because cause of just how it is you could always use the sanity drain after to farm fuel.

10 hours ago, SuperPsiPower said:

Recent experimentation with the insulation pack has proved to be very useful in doing long term trips from base i.e going to ruins, fighting Dragonfly, or just farming things. So it's not as bad as people make it out to be, it seems useless but could be useful in different scenarios. Here's an example: To farm Krampus sacks, I make like 10-15 rabbit hutches in a circle and in the middle is a flingomatic and a box of stone walls, I put a carrot in the square and I close it off and use the star caller staff in the middle of the square, now bunnies are attracted to the carrot and try to get it, but its closed off  and they moonwalk to the center, at the same time the carrot's being smoldered by the star and prompts the flingomatic to constantly throw ice near the carrots, freezing the bunnies and making it easier to kill all the bunnies to build naughtiness and eventually have Krampus spawn, and while doing this entire process having the pack is great because my hambat and food that drops stays fresh during it. I call it the Food-o-matic 2.0™

Sadly too many people just completely ignore the Insulation Pack and think it's terrible, but being able to use the best OP infinite use Hambat for longer is extremely handy. Plus having a bunch of Pierogies for heals that won't rot faster, and being able to carry meaty stew just fine as Wolfgang is just super handy. Used in conjunction with a Fur Roll is just free heals and sanity, being able to go for long trips into the caves, and can bring back so many mushes/meat too without half of it rotting.

I mean what else would you use the fur for? For a vest that takes up a backpack slot that makes an already easy winter easier? Belt of Hunger exists already and can be obtained earlier than having to wait for the Bearger.

2 hours ago, EuedeAdodooedoe said:

Lets say Insulated Pack was buffed to a point where it kept ice frozen forever regardless the season (even in summer), froze thermal stone, had 60 insulation, became inflammable and had water resistance in its inventory.

I do like the idea, but won't this make it a bit overpowered? Sure, it's quite expensive, but with all those attributes, you basically are a walking fridge. Making the fridge and Ice Chester redundant. Which you seemingly want to avoid.

50 minutes ago, WishIHadAFridge said:

I do like the idea, but won't this make it a bit overpowered? Sure, it's quite expensive, but with all those attributes, you basically are a walking fridge. Making the fridge and Ice Chester redundant. Which you seemingly want to avoid.

Well, considering you could make 3 Ice boxes (27 slots as opposed to 6) out of the Insulated Pack's crafting items and still be left with the giant's item that is Thick Fur...

13 hours ago, MeingroessterFan said:

That's a fair point, actually. Nobody is going to gain anything if we just create an echochamber, sharing criticism is kind of the point of these forums.

So here's the thing: I can't speak for everybody else, but as for me personally, the problem has little to do with criticism. There are plenty of people who offer criticism and whether I agree with it or not it's usually fine when they do. My problems are these:

1. He rarely if ever expresses his opinions rather than asserting them. There's a difference, and while everybody does the latter sometimes, he does it virtually all the time, and it's annoying and often taken to the point of insulting. And I'm not talking about calling people out and out stupid; I mean more like somebody, say, suggesting what use an item he thinks is useless has and him more or less replying "that's not worth a crap." Tying in with

2. He's often condescending. Comments like "why does this exist, I can't even" are not only kind of crappy to Klei -- whom, I should add, he often more directly insults -- but can be kind of belittling to anybody who in fact does find a use for them. And he thinks nothing of out-and-out invalidating the viewpoints of others, often citing his own seemingly inviolate "reasoning."

3. There's too damned much of it. This is a problem on a lot of different levels. For one, he likes to find even the most minor excuses to stuff these opinions of his in other people's faces, often turning topics only very tangentially related into a forum for his gripes, derailing those concerns in favor of his own (and I have to admit, some of us are all too eager to be complicit in this by taking him to task when he does so). For another, real concerns, concerns worth discussing, become needles in a humongous haystack; I feel pretty confident in my suspicion that more than a few people found a point in this mile-long list where they decided, "Good lord, this is just silly," and promptly stopped reading. There are other facets to this problem but these two and the fact that it just plain gets tiresome are probably the biggest.

4. He has an infuriatingly difficult time either understanding or at least appreciating the opinions and views of others, which he demonstrates nicely at the end of the very first post:

On 8/26/2016 at 4:19 PM, EuedeAdodooedoe said:

For those who think "oh, well, it's just some things that are useless, just use the things that are useful!" - in that case what is even the point of having these things in the game?

Because some people like them. Because Klei thought they were fun/neat ideas worth putting in. Because they don't hurt anything. Because it gives people options. Some people like just picking stuff up. Some people would rather watch gobblers eat themselves to death than swing pointy things at them. Some people are okay with or even enjoy potted ferns just sitting around being decorative. And guess what? None of those people are me. I find the messes generated by things like opened sinkholes and swamp fights and such a little annoying and unsightly. I'd generally rather just kill a gobbler myself. And I have no use for potted ferns! But others do. And that's supposed to be okay. Not everything has to work for me.

I have criticisms too. I think we all do. I think the caves/ruins didn't get nearly enough love, for example: variant resources had been broken down there since they were implemented until variants were changed in the first beta patch (meaning they're still broken for people not beta-testing, I should point out), many important caves/ruins-only resources are non-renewable, and it irritates the crap out of me that rooks are still able to demolish pseudoscience stations in the multiplayer version of the game, potentially punishing everyone on a server for one person's lack of preparedness. But honestly? I don't feel like airing most of them for fear of adding to this cacophony of complaining that's been going on. That's probably not entirely rational, but that's how I feel. I'm probably not alone. 

Archived