[Game Update] - (BETA 188729) and Teaser

On 7/8/2016 at 7:28 PM, Clwnbaby said:

So moonrocks were introduced forever ago with the meteor showers and since then they have proved pretty much worthless.  Yes you can craft a new wall type but that wall type sucks more than wood or hay on account that yes you cant hammer it but just about everything including your fists breaks it in 4 or 5 hits.  Whats the point of a wall you cant hammer if EVERYTHING else can break it?  Not to mention it takes just about forever and a day to collect enough moonrock to even make one section of wall let alone enough to make a useful wall of any sorts.  So I have come up with some more useful and practical uses for the stone which I think could add some fun to the game as well as provide useful utility in conjunction with already popular craftables.   I hope Klei reads this and seriously considers them.  The first idea listed below is really i think my best one and should SERIOUSLY be considered and added in the future.  It really is the only one that makes the most sense.

1.  Mooncaller staff-  Yes its exactly as simple as that.  Its the starcaller staff with one useful and helpful twist, it provides the cold light instead of fire light.  This means it can cool players thermal stones and the surrounding area alike and just like all endothermic fires you can't cook on it.  I feel this would a particularly cool late game addition as many of the psuedoscience tech has made its way into the longer games and has stretched out due to recent buffs making the items more viable and useful.  One restriction on the starcaller I've always had problems with is that its too hot to use in summer or even at the end of spring or beginning of autumn.  To have a "cooler"(see what I did there ;D) equivalent would be quite fun.

Nightmare Fuel x4 Living Log x2 Moon Rock x10?  12?         or       Moon Rock x4  Living Log x2  Yellow Gem x2

2.  Moonstone- Its a variation on the thermal stone but instead of providing temperature support it instead is a light source much like the magaluminescence but fade over time like a thermal stone.   One of the best features of the thermal stone in the winter is the light it gives off allowing you to run around in the darkness while keeping you hands free and your armor on.  This would do the same only provide no temperature control and only provide light.  Its light output would degrade when its in your inventory much like a thermal stone would but the change is how to charge it.  It would be charged ont he ground by the day light.  During the day time it would charge at the same rate as a thermal stone would next to a moderate/raging fire and during the dusk hours it would charge at a fraction of that rate and of course at night it wouldn't charge at all.

Pickaxe x1 Moon Rock x10  Flint or Rocks x3

3. Moonrock armor- So if you haven't figured out my common theme yet this one should illuminate(<--- see I did it again ;D) it completely.  It would be armor much like marble armor, providing the same dmg protection, durability and speed reduction but it would also emanate light so you can fight in the dark easier.

Moon Rock x12 Rope x4  Log Suit x1

Here is the suggestion about that.

• Like 4

• Developer
56 minutes ago, minespatch said:

Also, I think the moon theme is leading to something big itself. They've been utilizing the moon pieces since the trailer for DST.

MOONROCKNUGGET = "\"Moon\" rock.",

So, Max, what you mean to tell us here is, it's not actually the moon, eh?

I've no idea, but I feel more big things are to come, and I'm pretty hyped!

• Like 6

I never watch streams, but I'm going to assume:

moon caller staff works like obsidian staff, making it rain moon rock boulders instead;

new marble statues are reskins of current ones, probably dropping more loot and something else with a chance (gears maybe);

rose vase is reskin of potted fern.

lets see if I was right about any of these.

26 minutes ago, 228 said:

I never watch streams, but I'm going to assume:

moon caller staff works like obsidian staff, making it rain moon rock boulders instead;

I thought the same thing about the staff. If it does, I'll play this song while raining boulders over unsuspecting pigmen.

https://youtu.be/RfAHBVMguDQ

Edited by ShadowDuelist

4 hours ago, Scoobie101 said:

Wasn't a Mooncaller staff in the suggestion thread at one point with the suggested feature of being a Starcaller staff with cold stars instead?

8203513.jpg

Yes, @Clwnbaby was the one who suggested it. I'm happy that it actually made it into the game, I hope it gives off a blue radiance of that in winter.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, SuperPsiPower said:

Yes, @Clwnbaby was the one who suggested it. I'm happy that it actually made it into the game, I hope it gives off a blue radiance of that in winter.

1 hour ago, JoeW said:

The stuff that has been worked on from before we announced A New Reign has not made it's way in. We're currently, setting the stage... 

Sorry guis

• Like 1

I have a question for the update (if it's not too early to ask those that is) will the old clockwork rook/bishop/knight stay in game and co-exist with the petrified ones or removed (same goes for chess/Maxwell set pieces) . Maxwell is my favorite character in DS universe and its a little sad to see this happening to his creations . 

8 hours ago, V2C said:

DSTupdate_fixerupper_sm.png

Here's a sneak peak at what's upcoming in our next beta update on September 1st!

As well as some bug fixes:

• Fixed bug where sanity indicator pulses sometimes did not trigger properly on clients.
  • Burnt Twiggy Trees and Twiggy Tree Stumps will no longer drop twigs off-screen.

View full update

@V2C can you please include this and all past and future A New Reign updates in the "Game Updates" Sections, please...

it is important to follow the evolution of the game

Edited by FreyaMaluk
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, BenTheGeek said:

I definitely hope that you're right. The fact that the rest of the updates are secrets kills me, only because of how small the first two have been. If the third update is bigger and better, I'll be able to get excited again.

It will probably never be a very big update, but rather small and medium update. It was often the case in previous beta and EA. So of course there is still things planned, but if it's frustrating for you to see small piece of the puzzle added each time, maybe it's better to wait without looking at the beta until the content is big enough for you.

Beta aren't fun for everyone, sometime it dilute the enjoyment for some people. It's also why it's a beta, so some people could choose to wait and having one big update. Depend if you prefer small presents over time or one big present later :)

• Like 1