Aileen-Rose    5,087

Dont Derezz Banner.png

In moments of desperation, we sometimes do whatever we can to get where we want to go... For me... I never thought I'd see a world that I kept dreaming existed. A world where time and distance defied all laws of logic. But yet... I didn't account on the idea of needing to survive within its harsh environment.

- Wilson Percival Higgsbury.

----

A crossover between Don't Starve and TRON. Open thread full of concept art that may at some point turn into a story. Who knows. Come join us all in the Shadow Grid run by the virus overlord Maxwell. And do what you can to not derezz.

Ideas welcome.

• Like 4

Aileen-Rose    5,087

Dont Derezz.pngGame Time Wilson.png

Wilson in this AU is part of a team of researchers who have been looking into the idea of creating digital space and creating better programs. This team consists of Joseph Frost, Brody Hayes, Alistair Cunning and Wilson himself. (The other three are OCs created by me and Storm) There was another person who was part of the team before Wilson but they disappeared awhile ago. Each have their own goals of what they want to do, as for Wilson... he just wants a new start. Life hasn't been too kind to him and well... why not a new world to start over in? However, he gets in over his head when at an all time low a mysterious being known as Maxwell contacts him over his computer and makes him an offer to create something that could to take him to a digital world. And thus, Wilson finds himself in the Shadow Grid and struggling to survive.

I'm still debating what year this will take place in. I could do 1982 like the original TRON or have it somewhere in the 2000's like I've had all my other TRON stories take place. Wouldn't matter too much, just a matter of how up to date tech would be and all that.

So yeah, ideas welcome.

Enjoy!

• Like 4

minespatch    58,877

I'd suggest that this should be in the 1982 verse while Charlie's aspect could resemble Quorra in a aspect. Really excited where you're going to take this side project.

• Like 1

Aileen-Rose    5,087
1 hour ago, minespatch said:

I'd suggest that this should be in the 1982 verse while Charlie's aspect could resemble Quorra in a aspect. Really excited where you're going to take this side project.

You know I'm trying to imagine the kind of life Wilson would have during the 80's... the mental image of him being part of the era kind of amuses me.

Yeah I could see some Quorra in Charlie too.

• Like 1

DragonMage156    24,995

Well if he was 30 in 1920... oh you're referring to if he was 30 around that time. Got it (Or else he's be like 90 years old XD)

Aileen-Rose    5,087
53 minutes ago, DragonMage156 said:

Well if he was 30 in 1920... oh you're referring to if he was 30 around that time. Got it (Or else he's be like 90 years old XD)

AU my friend. XD AU.

Who wants to bet five bucks he probably likes Journey?

• Like 3

minespatch    58,877

Wilson is kind of like a artist, so I'm sure he'd get a kick out of a huge metaphor on "the hero's Journey".

• Like 1

DragonMage156    24,995
14 minutes ago, Aileen-Rose said:

Who wants to bet five bucks he probably likes Journey?

You mean the band right? Totally! Journey's da best ^_^

• Like 1

Aileen-Rose    5,087
5 minutes ago, DragonMage156 said:

You mean the band right? Totally! Journey's da best ^_^

Yes the band. =) (I'm a sucker for classic rock so uh... don't be too surprised if more classic rock music shows up in inventory.)

• Like 1

minespatch    58,877

I can see Frank Zappa among his cassettes when he wants to be isolated and prep his mind for coding ideas.

• Like 1

Aileen-Rose    5,087
13 minutes ago, minespatch said:

I can see Frank Zappa among his cassettes when he wants to be isolated and prep his mind for coding ideas.

Wilson probably has a walkman. The man probably really enjoys a lot of music.... probably has a cassette stash at work too.

• Like 1

Aileen-Rose    5,087

Wildork Wardrobe.png

Wardrobe sketching. Or rather just minor outfit variations.

Wilson doesn't need glasses to see properly but he tends to leave them on a lot out of habit. (They're more so readers/work glasses so the computer screen isn't too hard on his eyes.)

Coat comes during the colder hours/days.

Shorter gloves than his original self. Keep his hands warm, help keep them steady for typing and are good for bike riding. (Main mode of transport of this guy. He does know how to drive but he prefers cycling to keep him in shape and help clear his mind on a bad day. Also, it's cheaper. Also, hence the sneakers.)

And finally the last one is digital design. =w= kept it simple. Might make some mods later. Who knows.

Enjoy!

• Like 4

minespatch    58,877

This might be a interesting game mod. Especially if the environment was changed to Tron style.

Aileen-Rose    5,087
19 minutes ago, minespatch said:

This might be a interesting game mod. Especially if the environment was changed to Tron style.

If I knew anything about modding I would so try to make one. But alas, I'm just an artist, writer and animator. )=

• Like 1

minespatch    58,877

Just had a idea where Willow and Wagstaff(radio maker) are the two researchers from the first film.

Aileen-Rose    5,087
1 hour ago, minespatch said:

Just had a idea where Willow and Wagstaff(radio maker) are the two researchers from the first film.

You mean Walter and Lora? 

• Like 1

Aileen-Rose    5,087
11 hours ago, minespatch said:

That's right.:wilson_goodjob:

Hm... I could see it. =) Willow being the sharp and blunt researcher and well Wagstaff being the gentler one who likes being helpful to others.

Though one wall I run into is I don't know much about Wagstaff himself. I've heard of him but even with what I've heard I can't really wrap my head around a design. Ideas?

Not to say that's what it will be like in the AU but this is an open thread so all ideas welcome.

• Like 1

Aileen-Rose    5,087
5 hours ago, minespatch said:

@Quoth143 did some art of him in her thread.

Ah yes I've seen her designs but those are her concepts and ideas and I want to respect her ideas and let her do what she wants with those ideas. Which I will say her ideas for Wagstaff are amazing, I just don't want to be a copier.

• Like 2

minespatch    58,877

I like the design, he resembles a less evil Gendo Ikari from Evangelion. :wilson_ecstatic:

"Tripping on air"? Like the shadows?

Think William Carter/Maxwell's dynamic will be similar to David Warner's in the first film?

Edited by minespatch