Sign in to follow this  
EuedeAdodooedoe

We need the DS tracks and sounds to be editable/moddable!

EuedeAdodooedoe    1187

As some might know, I've been working on a cave boss theme for DS/DST for a bit (took two full days to do this) and I've made two attempts. Although, I never got it to sound quite like DS/DST soundtracks. The samples I've been given don't sound exactly like some of the instruments in DS/DST soundtracks and even tweaking an instrument sample would be difficult or perhaps even impossible to get just about a recreation of a sample from DS/DST tracks. And I think that's the biggest reason why we don't have that many sound/music related mods out there; we're given code, art, animation etc. to mess around with, but not sounds or soundtracks and that's really a bummer. I don't know why Klei has not let us do some modding with the existing tracks, but it would be great if they did; think of the potential this could provide for modders; creating your own tracks that sound like and just as good as some of the DS/DST originals. If we're given the soundtracks and the ability to edit their samples, I would have a much better time of getting my version of a DS/DST caves boss theme. And whilst some may say "it's good enough" or "it's excellent" when I present what I've done so far, for me it certainly isn't good enough; because it's not at the standard of the real tracks. This is also the reason why I personally do not like the dusk/night music mod soundtracks, whilst everyone else just adores it.

And you've gotta remember; I've tried to make my track via Reason 8, which is a pretty good sound/music editing software and yet I still couldn't get things at a good enough standard where I think "Yes, I love this! It's as if Vince de Vera and Jason Garner themselves made it!"

Edited by EuedeAdodooedoe

EuedeAdodooedoe    1187

Soundtracks in and of themselves we can get anyways and some of us already have bought them, or may be a lot of us here on Klei forums. But the problem is that with everything mumbled up of an existing track, you cannot edit individual instruments, mess with the sounding of each individual instrument etc. FMod is like Audacity, as far as I'm aware, so you can't do too much unless you're given samples/tracks with each individual instruments which can be edited.

I for one could not figure out what that one instrument is in Cave Danger soundtrack that kind of sounds like tombone, kind of like tuba, which is also very deep and the highest note being octave C1 D. It might even be a mixture of instruments or something taken from alients from outer space because their music sounds for game soundtracks are just a godsend... >.>

And then I have the problem of the Chorus doing all those As, Es, Is, Os and Us which you hear in cave soundtracks and especially in the ruins ones. I tried to record my voice doing so and then deepen the voice, but for some reason my voice gets recorded EXTREMELY quiet so if I added those chants into the track, yoy could not hear them and not hearing them in the sound track doesn't make for a complete track when it comes to caves and ruins soundtracks for DS/DST does it?