Survive the Shadows

Percival.png

Felt like shelling out more art again for a daily post. Though this time I just wanted to share one of mine and Storm's OCs. Meet Percival Higgsbury, Wilson's grandfather.

Percival Sketches.jpegYoung Wilson Sketches.jpeg

Percival was the first of Wilson's family we developed. It's been noted that Wilson was living alone because he didn't get along with his family. That could mean anything and for us, we took it as, there's probably a good chunk he doesn't get along with, but there are a select few he actually genuinely cares for. One of them in our case is this guy. Percival acted as a father figure since Wilson's dad wasn't there for him. (For reasons I'm not sharing at the moment because spoilers. Kind of... least for here. Everyone else on dA, tumblr and FF.net knows the secret partially.) Percival was a professor in his life time. He taught at a relatively small school and was a student of all sciences as he claimed. (Favorite subject for him was biology.) He loved Wilson very much, and did all he could to be sure he grew up happy as possible. Taught him how to have fun, how to be a gentlemen, lots of things. He had help in the endeavor from his loving wife, Melinda, Wilson's mother, Cecelia, and his loyal dog Elizabeth "Lizzie".

To sum it all up, I shall let Wilson explain from his perspective. This was from an answer to a question we got in our ask box on tumblr. (As part of Survive the Shadows people can send Wilson questions. We don't answer everything since some questions are either irrelevant or flat out uncomfortable.) (If you're wondering about the cloak in the first panel. You can find the answers over on the other versions of Survive the Shadows.)

ask_wilson___39_by_aileen_rose-da90dvl.p

Wilson: He was a lot of things… And I will never forget all he did for me, my mother and my grandmother.

And that's it for this post.

See ya next time!

- Aileen Rose

• Like 5

Internal.png

So uh... This generally how I am when I see/hear something that just blows my mind. Though as for why I decided to draw this now....

Um... Well... so... There are two videos under process. One is a short one minute animation. The other is rough animated scene. I just got the lines for it from our actor for Wilson's part and... Um... Um...

O______O

*Internal squealing*

MY MIND.

I think it just exploded from some of the lines. Mainly... Um.. his laugh... it's... it's beautiful.

I'm still making this face and still trying to process everything.

This is me every time we get the right voice. Just...

*more internal squealing*

Okay, I'm done fangasming. So the good news is the next scene can now start being animated. I already had all the rough sketches done so we're already one step ahead.

Just... Yeah. I'm feeling good about this.

And as a preview... here's a gif of two thumbnails.

OVCE-Scene-11.gif

Enjoy!

- Aileen Rose

• Like 4

Why

Why did I put off viewing this thread until today

FORGIVE ME MISS ROSE *flops on the ground*

(Seriously, that's good stuff good stuff that's some good stuff right there right there if I do say so myse-*is hit with a brick* I'm looking forward to what you have to say with voice acting since I may be... thinking about... trying to voice act... possibly... maybe... I've never really done it before...)

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Aileen-Rose said:

“I’m feeling positively dapper today.” (And evil)

The watermark looks like warpaint XD

On a more serious note, it's a smooth and groove animation!

Edited by Mobbstar
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, MenaAthena said:

Why

Why did I put off viewing this thread until today

FORGIVE ME MISS ROSE *flops on the ground*

(Seriously, that's good stuff good stuff that's some good stuff right there right there if I do say so myse-*is hit with a brick* I'm looking forward to what you have to say with voice acting since I may be... thinking about... trying to voice act... possibly... maybe... I've never really done it before...)

New Member.png

• Like 5

Shadows-4B.gifShadows-4A.gifShadows-4C.gifShadows-4D.gif

Everything except the shot of the bunnies was done today. They're very brief moments in the upcoming 1 minute video so the animation is kept as simple as possible. I'm rather happy with them though. This is actually my first time drawing bunnies, pigmen and beefalo so it was interesting.

Still not telling what the video is... though the running joke with me and Storm is the spiders are bobbing to the beat of the music.

Now if you'll excuse me.

*runs off to animate more stuff*

- Aileen Rose

• Like 5

On 7/15/2016 at 10:28 PM, Aileen-Rose said:

PFFT XD Oh my gosh this beautiful! I'm dying of laughter over here. Just... the faces.

Hi There.png

(Awesome character design by the way. Never seen a skeleton character before.)

Meeting Aileen.png

I literally have pens just sticking out of my vest due to my shirt pocket.  Once again, thanks for the kind words. :wilson_dorky:

17 hours ago, DragonMage156 said:

I feel really against posting this ^^;

Reveal hidden contents

birthday coincidence.pngThis was news to me so I quickly drew this.

Happy birthday, @Aileen-Rose, big thanks to @DragonMage156 for bringing it up.

Bless all your hearts. <3 Seriously.

• Like 3

Dont Derezz

I did say I don't generally post on Sundays but today is kind of special day for me, so, Birthday Special Doodles.

I got to watch one of my favorite movies, TRON, with my co-writer today and well I wanted to touch base on a silly crossover idea I had of TRON and Don't Starve known as Don't Derezz. (To those who don't know I'm kind of a die hard fan of this franchise. Like seriously, I've been a fan of this thing before Legacy existed.) It's basically just Don't Starve gone Cyber Punk.

The basic idea is that Wilson was in a slump with research on a supposed other side of the world. Joseph (An OC of mine.) is trying to do what he can to help him. Wilson hits an all time low. A mysterious person contacts him and then the next thing he knows... He's on the Shadow Grid. Again, not that much different from the original scenario of Don't Starve, just a few tweaks and new world set.

I don't know if I'll do anything with this, but I admit these were fun to draw. TRON just has a special place in my heart. I just love designing digital armor and stuff.

Enjoy!

- Aileen Rose

• Like 6

10 minutes ago, Quoth143 said:

Better hope you're light on your feet Wilson. 

I'm sure he'll learn pretty quickly. It's either that or being dead... Not to say he might not come out with a few scratches.

Either way Maxwell is will be heavily amused.

• Like 2