Survive the Shadows

Shadow Maxwell

Finally got a design I like for this.

So, Seth, in Book of Shadows, before he let Maxwell take possession of his body, this was how he saw Maxwell.

Maxwell, originally was a shadow just like the creatures he has command over. However, he wasn’t a shadow being like Rune or many of his other subjects, so he had no human form to speak of. He only looked humanoid and that’s as far as it could go for him. Which would be annoying at times since he was light sensitive and couldn’t really explore much until night time be it the Shadow World or Earth.

So, Seth was that chance to combat it. It just meant adopting a face. The form here still exists. After Seth, he would move on to posses others, William being one of those victims, because the bodies he’d posses, while given longevity, would eventually grow too frail for him to use.

Seth was the easiest body he ever possessed. The others to follow were a bit harder to obtain due to them not being as submissive as Seth was when it came to Maxwell becoming part of them. Maxwell eventually always got his way by finding ways to break them. Hardest case ever was William who took the longest to break.

In Survive the Shadows, Maxwell can take this form after being separated from William, but his dominate form, thanks to Wilson’s meddling, is the face he wore when he possessed William. It kind of irritates him, but it still comes in handy in being not so light sensitive.

And that’s about it for now. I based his design around the concept of a Shadow Person, along with some other things.

• Like 7

1 minute ago, Aileen-Rose said:

Shadow Maxwell

Finally got a design I like for this.

So, Seth, in Book of Shadows, before he let Maxwell take possession of his body, this was how he saw Maxwell.

Maxwell, originally was a shadow just like the creatures he has command over. However, he wasn’t a shadow being like Rune or many of his other subjects, so he had no human form to speak of. He only looked humanoid and that’s as far as it could go for him. Which would be annoying at times since he was light sensitive and couldn’t really explore much until night time be it the Shadow World or Earth.

So, Seth was that chance to combat it. It just meant adopting a face. The form here still exists. After Seth, he would move on to posses others, William being one of those victims, because the bodies he’d posses, while given longevity, would eventually grow too frail for him to use.

Seth was the easiest body he ever possessed. The others to follow were a bit harder to obtain due to them not being as submissive as Seth was when it came to Maxwell becoming part of them. Maxwell eventually always got his way by finding ways to break them. Hardest case ever was William who took the longest to break.

In Survive the Shadows, Maxwell can take this form after being separated from William, but his dominate form, thanks to Wilson’s meddling, is the face he wore when he possessed William. It kind of irritates him, but it still comes in handy in being not so light sensitive.

And that’s about it for now. I based his design around the concept of a Shadow Person, along with some other things.

Not sure on the specifics of Seth, but that's one handsome puppet king.

8 hours ago, Mobbstar said:

Can you really call this a king I mean he is putting his feet onto the seat like a brute or plebarian

Long live the king!

3 hours ago, Aileen-Rose said:

He's da king. :3 He sits how he pleases.

For some reason, I can imagine Shadow Mage trying to bargain with him. Odd.

• Like 2

Ask Wilson 46 dA.png

Better than being alone altogether.
Ask Wilson 47 dA.png

He really likes her.

Ask Wilson 48 dA.png

Wilson: Wait, since when you do when you give a darn about social interactions?

WX-78: WE GOT ENOUGH COMPLICATED RELATIONSHIPS AS IT IS. I AM PREVENTING IT FROM GETTING WORSE.

Ask Wilson 49 dA.png

Wilson: Willow has a way of striking fear into her enemies that seem to invoke a feeling of cold and hot. How she does this is beyond me.

Some stuff from the tumblr asks. Decided to expand the inbox so now everyone can be asked questions who is on the list.

My favorite is that last one.

• Like 6

50 minutes ago, Arlesienne said:

How do you ask questions to be answered like this? I wrote to @Aileen-Rose, but never got a reply. I don't have Tumblr. Is there hope for me? The last two pictures are so cute. I dig her WX.

You can try asking here on DA here: http://aileen-rose.deviantart.com/art/Ask-Wilson-dA-Inbox-603218351

Or ask anonymously on Tumblr here: http://survivetheshadows.tumblr.com/

• Like 1

Spider Kin

Something that crossed my mind last night from Survive the Shadows canon.

Webber’s actual family is still MIA so, having more than just an adoptive grandmother makes him a happy spider child.

And Wilson, he doesn’t mind the idea. He never really had cousins he was close with… Well, make that zero. His dad didn’t have siblings so no cousins on the Higgsbury side, and the Barlows’ (Mother’s side.) kids were just mean to him. So, Webber would be the first actual “cousin” he could have a bond with.

Anyhow, just something sweet.

Been trying to get over sickness this week, finally feeling better today.

Edited by Aileen-Rose
  • Like 6

Ask The Cast 50

Wilson: You have your moments, but I know in the end you would never harm me.

Another ask from tumblr. Even Willow has her buttons that can get her good and mad to angry tears. After all the crap from both trauma in the asylum to losing Wilson to the hounds, the idea of being responsible for something that could potentially kill him horrifies her.

• Like 4

Ask Wilson 52

Wilson: It was just… painful…Too much pressure… I wanted to so desperately prove myself that I could be like my grandfather. That I wasn’t some runty weakling. That I wasn’t a waste of time… That I wasn’t a mad man… I… I just wound up making it worse.

I often wondered why my mother and uncle still bothered to contact me. Why would they want to be associated with someone like me, let alone be related to?

-----

Oh this one hurt to do. Yeah, Wilson as hard on himself and well... the pressure was just building on him. And with every mistake he'd make it would just get worse.

• Like 5

Music Memory

“I’ll be honest… I never really knew my father… I remember the dark moments… the neglect… The year he “disappeared.” I was only five when that happened… Yet… The moments I do remember most were the light moments. The one camping trip we had… And… music… I remember there being music…”

• Like 5

Edward Sketches

Very quick sketches of Ed since I haven’t really drawn him that much.

Him back before things went awry in his life in regards to Them/The Shadows.

(Hey, is anyone else having trouble uploading files to the forums? Just curious since most of these I've had to post somewhere else before being able to post them here via image links. It's been going on for me for about 3 days now and I'm not exactly sure what's going on.)

• Like 7

DS 21.jpeg

“Heh… I remember once I went camping with my father. He said we needed to understand nature and that it would be good to get fresh air.”

“He wasn’t too skilled at roughing it. But that trip was one of the few times it was just me and him…”

“One of the few times…”

• Like 6