Survive the Shadows

The Reaper Page.png

The Reaper

At the beginning of a new reign, a Reaper is hand chosen by the ruler. Any soul is eligible, the only real requirement is that person chosen has passed on. Being chosen however will prevent the person from ever being able to return to life by any revival methods. Their soul now belongs to the Shadow World till they are relieved of duty by the next ruler, or are given the option to leave.

The Reaper is a light being, thanks their natural glow, no shadow creature can touch them. They are able to use this light to create cloaks that they can give to souls they are trying to help pass on from the world. This light also allows for them to generate scythe wings which they use to ward shadows off of souls. (To note, these wings can not kill shadows, it can only dissipate them.)

The Reaper's eyes take on a glow of their own that allows them to see in the dark, just like the other souls in this world. The Reaper can see life lines with their eyes. These life lines allow them to know who is alive and who has died. Each life line is specialized to each person, and The Reaper will know when they have died when the life line snaps. When this happens, The Reaper will hurry to wherever the person is before they are devoured by the shadows. They often make haste by taking on an orb form that allows them to travel faster. (It's been noted while in this form, during the night when they're moving, they'll leave light spots that people can use as a temporary light source to ward off shadows.)

The main purpose of The Reaper is to save souls from being devoured by the shadows, creating a counter balance to The Grue. Though they can't save everyone, it doesn't stop them from trying.

I found it quite amusing how Jack tried all in his power to do this... Heh... The fool... Not that I made it easy on him. If I had it my way we wouldn't need a Reaper but alas... Balance is required. Can't let the shadows get too out of control now.

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, minespatch said:

Maxwell gave a emotional sucker-punch to Jack. What a jerk.

I kind of imagine this was at the very beginning of the reaper process.

You would be correct on that. This was not too long after Maxwell made Jack The Reaper. Jack wasn't too happy about the whole thing and well in combination with what happened to Charlie and Maxwell just taunting him he kind of lost it. Then came the bitter reminder as to why Jack wouldn't be able to bring himself to kill him.

• Like 2

Witherstone Sketches.jpeg

Sorry about the binder paper, had nothing else to draw on. Anyhow, just designs of the loan shark William got himself in trouble with. George T. Witherstone. Just tried to keep his design simple. Wanted him intimating, yet also just normal looking. Nor did I want him looking like an idiot. The guy might not be very literate (In The William Carter puzzles, in his letter to William he couldn't spell quite a few things.) but he's not dumb. He means business. Though thankfully, while Jack can throw a punch, he has his own ways of getting people to listen to him. As for what that is, all in due time. But I can tease at least with the bottom sketch.

So yeah just quick doodles from the day. Enjoy!

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, minespatch said:

He might be a bully because he just couldn't keep up with poor grades in school. :wilson_sneaky:

Considering in the letter he wrote these following words like this.

Money - Muny

Charity - Charatee

Trouble - Trubble

Yeah I think someone flunked English as a kid.

• Like 1