Extoller's Art

7 hours ago, ExtollerOfTrolls said:

Would've been finished this sooner, but the power went out for two days!

2 days?! o_0

What's up with your power plant?!

Also nice image. It does seem like the Wendy portrait ^_^

Edited by DragonMage156
DOUBLE POST!

3 hours ago, minespatch said:

The shading is lovely. The linework gives me Dr. Seuss vibes. It also reminds me of the Wendy portrait. What inspired you behind this one?

Well, since it's a more solemn sort of theme, I decided that less is more with the shading. And currently, the traditional medium I'm most talented with is inks, so it's my default.

1 hour ago, DragonMage156 said:

2 days?! o_0

What's up with your power plant?!

Also nice image. It does seem like the Wendy portrait ^_^

Haha, well, there was a really bad storm! I live about 5 miles away from a town, and the power was out there too, so they got priority.

Thanks! I didn't think of that while drawing it, I was just thinking of how Webber emerged from the grave where his skull is buried. And how every character has a tombstone with their name...

• Like 2

On 6/9/2018 at 1:28 AM, minespatch said:

The poor baby! I'm torn, cute merm thing or tragic scene.

The idea was that they are in the process of transforming, so it will ultimately be quite tragic.

But Webber is always cute, so...

Edited by ExtollerOfTrolls
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, ExtollerOfTrolls said:

mixed_vegetables_by_tearsofchickensoup-d

I really liked how the shading came out on this one!

Ah, this makes sense, to see her with veggies. I've seen a lot of mermification and a lot of drawings to depict the skins, but this one... This one has veggies.  You're right about the shading, it's a very well-done illustration. It's sorta cute how she seems to be staring down those vegetables with a look of mild irritation. As if she could blame them for her life troubles. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, gallusvarius said:

Ah, this makes sense, to see her with veggies. I've seen a lot of mermification and a lot of drawings to depict the skins, but this one... This one has veggies.  You're right about the shading, it's a very well-done illustration. It's sorta cute how she seems to be staring down those vegetables with a look of mild irritation. As if she could blame them for her life troubles. 

Haha, maybe she ran away one day because she didn't want to eat veggies and that's how Maxwell found her. Thank you so much for the compliment!

My description on Tumblr was something along the lines of, "Plucked from the ground so young, only to be fed to the ever-hungry maw."

• Like 1

Woah, what! I'm not dead?!

5bcc7f97e9b42_WendyTimBurton1.thumb.png.ecbc344f3549509b086c17c85bf06152.png

Really crappy Wendy I drew trying to emulate TB's style. In a little bit of a funk right now, as far as drawing goes, so I was happy to get this done fast.

You can tell I was a little bit at a loss for what to do for the shading.

Edited by ExtollerOfTrolls
  • Like 7

On 10/21/2018 at 10:54 PM, minespatch said:

I like what you did here. Has a digital painterly touch I'd see in Scholastic graphic novels for elementary schools. If the flower bow was yellow and on the other side of her head, I'd assume it was Abigail due to the glow around her.

Thank you! Oh, gosh, I miss posting here, I forget how nice everyone is, and especially how you always give awesome feedback.

Hehe, yep, I considered drawing Abigail, but I was just having a moment where I couldn't decide how to do it, so I gave up.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1