Extoller's Art

13 hours ago, DragonMage156 said:

Yeah what Minespatch said. She's really quite good at digital art. And I'm pretty sure she didn't trace over a traditional image much like I do ^^;

Oh, she did, but there's no shame in that, i often do too, so you have nothing to worry about. It's much easier to make clean sketches.

I think she did a good job, too, but she's a shy person.

• Like 3

On 1/17/2018 at 8:42 PM, Quoth143 said:

Eclipsa is so fitting for Charlie. 

Haha, oh dang, sorry, did not see this notification! Thank you!

So, I've been super excited, thinking of all the possible themes for the upcoming events (I wonder how many there will be!), and this is my own personal idea. (These are just super rough sketches I came up with in a few minutes)

It's an underwater arena, where each character gets the attributes of a certain undersea creature. (I screwed up Wilson's proportions super bad, we're going to ignore that, alright?)

5a820a1c7c826_Underseadesigns1.thumb.png.3c565b2289b166aab4fb16f3de332e85.png

So, Wendy is a jellyfish, while Abigail's flower has turned into an anemone, Wilson is a ray (maybe?), and Willow was the first one I did, so I just did generic fish attributes, but if I were to clean it up, I'd give her a lionfish theme.

For the others, I was thinking Wolfgang could be a whale, Wigfrid could be a shark (maybe Winona could be a HAMMERhead shark XD), and WX could be a crab.

Alright, my silly rant is over.

Edited by ExtollerOfTrolls
  • Like 4

10 hours ago, DragonMage156 said:

These are some interesting designs. I look forward to seeing them finished if you decide to do so.

Is the underwater theme here based off the blue gem or something else in DS?

Nah, I think the blue gem is ice, anyway. I just kinda thought the forge was fire and took place in a volcano, so let's take the opposite extreme!

The Shadows have to keep their little Gatekeepers alive, so they give them gills and fins and everything they need to fight down there.

7 hours ago, minespatch said:

Oooo! A merm kingdom would be cool! I like the way you're thinking of(My name being Ariel not withstanding).

Hehe, maybe I should draw some sort of queen or something to go along with it.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, minespatch said:

I was torn on WX being a stringray(due to his electricity power up) but he's been compared to a crab in the past.:wilson_ecstatic:

Great color scheme for Wendy. Pink and teal is a good combo.

Actually, electric rays and stingrays are different. But I do see where you're coming from.

Thank you! It didn't occur to me to change her skin color until the end, but I like it!

4 hours ago, DragonMage156 said:

The tendrils definitely show the jellyfish theme. Very nice so far :)

Thanks!

• Like 1