Extoller's Art

7 hours ago, minespatch said:

Big Doug Tennapel fan. His work means a lot to me.

Don't forget about the music in these games...

Spoiler

Spoiler

Here’s a little bonus room
Because I know you’ve had it tough
And here’s a little bonus tune
About collecting real cool stuff

Yes, here’s a little bonus room
Where you can play
Don’t be frightened
Don’t run away

There are no monsters here
Hey wait, look over there…

*LOUD DISTORTED GUITAR NOISE*

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Net Spectre said:

Hide contents

Reveal hidden contents

Here’s a little bonus room
Because I know you’ve had it tough
And here’s a little bonus tune
About collecting real cool stuff

Yes, here’s a little bonus room
Where you can play
Don’t be frightened
Don’t run away

There are no monsters here
Hey wait, look over there…

*LOUD DISTORTED GUITAR NOISE*

Yeah, I never played The Neverhood. I heard it was really good, but I don't think you can buy it anymore. :'(

I did really enjoy Armikrog and its OST, though. The ending was super cute and I'm hoping for a sequel, but don't buy it now if you're going to. It's super overpriced and it's not worth $25. Buy it on sale, where it's way cheaper.

Skullmonkeys might be on Steam, but it doesn't look as appealing to me.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Net Spectre said:

Terry Scott Taylor's game music is great. I hope he does more gaming music.

12 hours ago, ExtollerOfTrolls said:

Skullmonkeys might be on Steam, but it doesn't look as appealing to me.

I recommend just checking out the cutscenes. Clayman's reaction to losing a arm with no horror had me giggling.

• Like 1

On 26.07.2016 at 1:21 PM, ExtollerOfTrolls said:

Hey, does anybody have any experience with Inkscape? I'm trying to use the vector, but I can't figure out how to upload them to DA or anything! It's driving me nuts!

Also, here's a list:

1. Trampoline
  2. Fishing for swordfish
  3. Dancing
  4. Baking cupcakes
  5. Reading a magazine
  6. Playing hockey
  7. Gardening
  8. Sewing a beanbag chair
  9. Making bead bracelets
  10. Playing Mario Kart
  11. Shopping for tuxedos
  12. Awkward hug (*Pat**Pat*)
  13. Knitting blanket
  14. Playing cards
  15. Riding generic animal
  16. Pillow fight
  17. Face painting
  18. Playing horseshoes
  19. Climbing a tree because of kite
  20. Makeovers
  21. Getting a package
  22. Sleeping in a hammock
  23. Dressup
  24. Wearing tanktop and camo pants

Anyone want me to draw a character in one of these scenarios?

What an adorable list! I'd love to take you up on 17, say, WX proudly giving Webber some warpaint (gotta love how they work out between @MeingroessterFan and @Fortie).

On 4.08.2016 at 8:20 PM, ExtollerOfTrolls said:

I FOUND THE FUTURAMA REFERENCE IN THE GAME.

IMG_0533[1].JPG

WX for the wiiin!!!

On 5.08.2016 at 1:05 AM, mewthemew said:

Hmm...i'll see what i can do in paint.net since that's basically old MS paint for newer computers.

EDIT: weird. last time i got paint.net it was like the old MS paint. now it looks like GIMP2 o.o

PaintNET is a very powerful program, in fact. Absolutely not "basically old MS Paint for newer computers". It's much less fancily-skinned than GIMP, but I prefer it over GIMP since it has a similarly-vast array of functions and doesn't freeze.

On 10.08.2016 at 6:00 AM, ExtollerOfTrolls said:

I will post the picture I drew, I swear I've just been super unmotivated. In the meantime, my Willow cosplay is nearly finished! I may need a wig, but it's alright for the moment.image.jpeg

I know it's not a lighter but if I tried to make one, it would probably look like crap. And I know I'm wearing glasses, but I have terrible eyesight without them, and I don't have contact lenses. (I just was too lazy to take off my watch.)

That's lovely. And now I dig Willow in glasses.

On 10.08.2016 at 0:54 PM, ExtollerOfTrolls said:

Alright, here's some art. (I am working on something digital at the moment, but the heat make me lose so energy, so it might be a little while.)

IMG_0556[1].jpgHere's that picture of Wilson I was talking about. He was trying to kill a crow when he turned into one. Man, I have some strange dreams.

IMG_0553[1].JPG And just Webber being cute. (I've never actually watched TMNT...)

Ninja Webber!

On 11.08.2016 at 11:36 PM, ExtollerOfTrolls said:

Gottaaaaaaaaaa admit, never actually read animorhps...?

Here's some more art.

These two are a few months old:

Hide contents

i_think_i_ate_a_rock__digital__by_tearsofchickensoup-da29y4i.png This one is from the Infinite Obituary of Wilson P. Higgsbury by HideousBlob on AO3, and I believe this was chapter 18. (Wilsonbecameaweremolewormanditwashilarious.)

tears_in_the_moonlight_by_tearsofchickensoup-da4niex.pngSoon to be dead Wendy. ;~;.

Bloodlust.png This one I finished today. (She's crying because she has never felt that much bloodlust directed at her and it's terrifying her to bits.) I like drawing them with actually eyes. I think I will do that from now on, unless people like the other way better.

Haha, pfft.

Wilson: *Walks into camp. Stops short* Uh... Miss Wickerbottom?

Wickerbottom: Yes, dear?

Wilson: *Inhales deeply* Why does Wendy have butterfly wings, Willow have bunny ears and bunny horns, Wolfgang has horns like a beefalo, and you are sporting a catcoon tail and ears?

Wickerbottom: Perhaps you should take a look at yourself, first, dear.

Wilson: What ever do you... *Pats head* W-why are there feathers in my hair? *Yanks one out* Ouch! That hurt!

My money goes on the Charlie picture. Need more Charlie :D!

On 16.08.2016 at 3:15 AM, ExtollerOfTrolls said:

Charlie just wants a little girl as evil as her to dote over.

Makes sense!

On 22.08.2016 at 0:12 AM, ExtollerOfTrolls said:

Just curious, if I ever livestreamed art on Twitch, would anyone be interested in watching?

It would probably in the morning/afternoon on a Monday before my school starts again, or later in the evening. Not on Thursdays, of course. (EST)

Maybe I would even take requests for sketches and stuff.

Hmm... Timezones would be hard for me right now (as long as I'm in CET, I'm six hours ahead of you), but a stream would be great.

On 22.08.2016 at 3:25 AM, ExtollerOfTrolls said:

Cool, that might be fun! I would talk and everything, and I'll pretty much talk about anything. I don't even have to draw something DS related. *Spreads arms* The possibilities are endless! *Falls off chair*

Oh, by the way, I finally finished that fanfic (Or at least, the first chapter.). I'm not a great writer, but I try my best. I want to do the characters in the same order they are introduced in the game!

https://www.fanfiction.net/story/story_edit_property.php?storyid=12113554

Could I have a link please?

On 29.08.2016 at 10:38 PM, ExtollerOfTrolls said:

Wendy Looks Good in Orange.PNGWendy looks kinda good in orange. (WIP)

I like the strength of this. Bold and vivid.

On 30.08.2016 at 1:06 AM, ExtollerOfTrolls said:

"Oh, dear! The prince has failed and the monster will eat me whole!"

"Wendy, being around this thing makes us kind of sad. Let's go home."

dramatic_wendy_and_the_marble_rook_by_te

Done! Hah, wanted to get this finished in time for the Beta update! I believe I'm the first person to do fanart of the marble chess pieces! Now, give me prize! (JK)

From now on, there will be much less art, as my work is getting more frequent, and I will have a crapton of school work to do. However, if I keep on top of things, I should be able to draw every now and then.

Beloved spiderboy!!! MORE, I BEG YOU.

On 31.08.2016 at 5:06 PM, ExtollerOfTrolls said:

Haha, nah, it just means you are really deep in the fandom. There's nothing wrong with it, as long as you don't let it overtake your life.

You can be a fan without being trash, too, like just saying, "I enjoy this, but it's not my favorite thing." Which is what I'm like around Steven Universe. It's alright, but I've never drawn, written, or gone crazy waiting for the next episode/update.

Or time might pass and you find you lose interest in it.

And don't worry; I like Undertale, too. It's just no longer among my favorite things.

In my days, we would call ourselves enthusiasts, aficionados, lovers, even... Vocabulary is hard :twisted:.

On 1.09.2016 at 0:38 AM, ExtollerOfTrolls said:

Finally decided to make an OC. He is a craftable mob. (Sorry for lazy color, I am tired.)

Meet Spool:spool_by_tearsofchickensoup-dag4lnv.png?

He was made with Wickerbottom with the Prehastitator (Don't care if I spelled that right.) out of six sewing kits, twenty Beefalo Wool, and 10 nightmare fuel. He follow the golden needle (3 gold, 5 nightmare fuel.) He can only be created once per world, and cannot be brought to the next one. If he dies, he takes ten days to respawn at the place of the golden needle.

Due to being made of nightmare fuel, he has a mild insanity aura of -2, though this can easily be outrun, since he is the same speed as Chester. At night his needle should be placed a small distance away to keep away from this aura.

He has infinite uses, but each use costs ten sanity.

That would be his use ingame. However, outside the game, he has a personality.

Since he does not have a brain, he's rather dumb. He's a little shy, but he likes sewing materials (silk, beefalo wool, rabbit tails, etc.). He likes Wickerbottom and Woodie, since they are good at sewing. He is terrified of Willow and the werebeaver. (He does not understand that Woodie is the werebeaver.) He likes Webber with his beard, but does not recognize him when he shaves.

Quotes for Spool:

Wilson: I'm not real good at sewing, sew I'm glad he does it for me.

Willow: C'mere little guy; I won't burn you unless I get really bored.

Wolfgang: Is almost as good at sewing as Wolfgang's mother.

Wendy: He cannot patch my heart.

WX: SOULLESS AND USEFUL. MY TWO FAVORITE QUALITIES.

Wickerbottom: The nightmare fuel appears to have given him minute levels of sentience.

Woodie: He's kind of creeping me out.

Wigfrid: The squire for this Valkyrie!

Webber: He likes our beard.

Maxwell: Figures the librarian would figure out a way to add to my creations.

For the needle:

Wilson: I've already pricked myself twice.

Willow: Wonder if I could carve with it.

Wolfgang: Wolfgang cannot snap.

Wendy: Perhaps I should hide this in a haystack.

WX: I HEAR HUMANS LIKE TO STICK THESE IN THEIR EYES.

Wickerbottom: Despite the size of the eye, I cannot thread it.

Woodie: It's too big to be useful.

Wigfrid: The weapon of the squire!

Webber: Not as sharp as our teeth.

Maxwell: If I throw this off a cliff, maybe he'll follow it.

And that is Spool. I want to draw him in the future; I think he's cute.

Adorable. I'd really take @Mobbstar up on his offer:

On 2.09.2016 at 6:32 AM, Mobbstar said:

Well you could get a coder interested OwO

:wilson_evil:

On 2.09.2016 at 11:33 AM, ExtollerOfTrolls said:

Is that an offer? ;P

Looks like it :twisted:...

On 5.09.2016 at 11:36 PM, Quoth143 said:

:D

it's cool if you draw him. 

Agreed.

On 30.09.2016 at 9:12 PM, ExtollerOfTrolls said:

Oh, no, that's me. Normally, I have a ponytail, but I hadn't changed out of my work clothes, so my  hair was still in a bun, and I was wearing my cute jacket.

I have much longer hair than Kris, and I normally wear a big green hoodie, like so. (Today, my hair is in pigtails, though.) Didn't draw my glasses as big as they should have been, either.WIN_20160930_15_20_58_Pro.jpg

Teasers!

On 1.10.2016 at 0:15 PM, ExtollerOfTrolls said:

Got this far this morning. Wendy is pretty much done, but the background needs a little work. I'm thinking she's either trying to make a meat effigy with her own hair, or she's planning on using it for some other dark purpose.

EDIT: added a terrible, lazy Florid Postern for all your terrible, lazy Florid Postern needs.

wendy_cutting_hair_by_tearsofchickensoup

wendy_cutting_hair_by_tearsofchickensoup

I took advantage with the layers and I think it turned out a little better.

Is this an Important Haircut? ;)

On 16.10.2016 at 1:39 PM, ExtollerOfTrolls said:

Quick idea of what the Fossil Stalker may look like with flesh. Not real great, but I just wanted to get it done fast.

flesh_stalker_by_tearsofchickensoup-dala

Something better: COMING SOON!

WHAT CAN BE BETTER THAN GHASTLY STEEDS???

Answer: MORE GHASTLY STEEDS!

On 21.10.2016 at 4:01 AM, ExtollerOfTrolls said:

Hey, guys, does anybody know of a free video editor that allows you to speed up MP4 files by more than 10X? I recorded the entire process of this picture I just made, and I'm really happy with it, but I'd like to know how to make a speed paint. It's still nearly 30 minutes long even with the speed up.

Oh, I guess I shouldn't spam my thread:

hallowed_brew_by_tearsofchickensoup-dalv

REALLY HAPPY WITH THIS. I MEAN, THE BREW SUCKS, BUT I REALLY THINK I DID WELL WITH THE LIGHT REFLECTING OFF OF THEM!

Double, double toil and trouble...

On 3.11.2016 at 3:05 AM, ExtollerOfTrolls said:

Alright, so my computer's touchscreen isn't working right now, and I can't draw on it. Thankfully, I still have my digitizer! I have to get my computer fixed, but it's not as much of a big deal as I thought.

Have a transparent Wendy in Tim Burton style.

Tim Burton Wendy Transparent.png

This is my first time trying lineless. I think I did pretty well.

Very enjoyable. Chrysanthemum Wendy - so symbolic.

PS Poke me later to read the Woodie piece please!

• Like 2

Just now, mewthemew said:

@Arlesienne

i figured out paintdotnet wasn't the old version a while ago. and i use it frequently now to put color in my drawings. no, what i was thinkig of at the time was "paint 98". guess i made a happy accident at the time.

Definitely a happy accident! It has so many options I'll never discover them all, heh :D

• Like 2

On 10/2/2016 at 7:09 PM, ExtollerOfTrolls said:

Meat Effigy concepts for everyone most characters, done on request of @Rily!

meat_effigy_concepts_by_tearsofchickenso

I think I figured out some better brushes for lineart. I'm pretty happy with most of them, though I started to get pretty tired near the end.

On 10/2/2016 at 7:58 PM, Pyr0mrcow said:

yesjacknicholson.gif

*yoink*

I've been hella busy so this took way longer than it should have like really if I had even a couple days free it would've been done then but

Did a mockup of how most of those character-specific meat effigies would look in-game. Mainly the heads; for the most part, the rest is composed of parts from Wilson's effigy.
If this were actually implemented in a mod or something, I'd want to fix Willow's hair and that medium body template I hacked together from the normal-sized one. The skirt could use some improvement, too.
I could also narrow down the number of unique parts a bit and still keep the same feeling.

Lineup.png

• Like 6

40 minutes ago, Pyr0mrcow said:

I've been hella busy so this took way longer than it should have like really if I had even a couple days free it would've been done then but

Did a mockup of how most of those character-specific meat effigies would look in-game. Mainly the heads; for the most part, the rest is composed of parts from Wilson's effigy.
If this were actually implemented in a mod or something, I'd want to fix Willow's hair and that medium body template I hacked together from the normal-sized one. The skirt could use some improvement, too.
I could also narrow down the number of unique parts a bit and still keep the same feeling.

Lineup.png

AAAAAAAH. THEY. ARE. GORGEOUS! Dude, this is beautiful!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ExtollerOfTrolls said:

Alright, @Arlesienne

facepaint_for_keeper_m_by_tearsofchicken

Not perfect coloring because I'm tired.

Really fun to do!

ISN'T THIS UTTERLY BEAUTIFUL?!

@Fortie and @MeingroessterFan, and @PandoMish, must see this great speedpaint. I love the metallic feel of WX and Webber's bright smile. They're great. You even used different fonts to show their divergent personalities! Lastly, I find the endtable fun. Reminds me of the primary surface camp we have on the current server for PR. We put ours near the decorative graves.

Edited by Arlesienne
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, Arlesienne said:

ISN'T THIS UTTERLY BEAUTIFUL?!

@Fortie and @MeingroessterFan, and @PandoMish, must see this great speedpaint. I love the metallic feel of WX and Webber's bright smile. They're great. You even used different fonts to show their divergent personalities! Lastly, I find the endtable fun. Reminds me of the primary surface camp we have on the current server for PR. We put ours near the decorative graves.

Thank you!

Metallic surfaces are really fun for me, but I'm not very good at them.

I felt like I should put in a simple background, and I'm pretty happy with how it turned out. And I put a glowbulb in to distinguish it from the stagehand.

I need to do more backgrounds... They're so hard.

• Like 2

Just now, ExtollerOfTrolls said:

Thank you!

Metallic surfaces are really fun for me, but I'm not very good at them.

I felt like I should put in a simple background, and I'm pretty happy with how it turned out. And I put a glowbulb in to distinguish it from the stagehand.

I need to do more backgrounds... They're so hard.

Not very good at metallic surfaces?

My, you're way too hard on yourself. I find this example here just lovely. Remember metals tend to age over time, being covered in patina or rust, often simply losing their shine, so your WX is exactly how he should be given his lifestyle on the islands ;).

I am incredibly impressed by the screws you drew on him. They make him very believable.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, ExtollerOfTrolls said:

Don't worry. Whoever Whatever that "Juice" is from, it probably died of natural causes!

...oh, I thought WX ripped out Webber's eyes and pulped them and that the later saw it as some sort of game.
That's quite a bit less horrifying.

• Like 4