[Minespatch] Catawampus cartoon corner

minespatch

On 9/27/2016 at 10:51 PM, minespatch said:

ariel crashes.pngI was trying to make the princess vain while looking at a mirror. I really need to learn how to draw duckfaces.

On 9/27/2016 at 10:52 PM, Soto8969 said:

And mirrors....

mirrorsnduckfaces.png

Had this scenario in my head with the way @Soto8969 crossed out his statement. First time drawing him, so yeah. Borrowed @LiptonPee's design of him just so I could get something consistent.

On 12/24/2016 at 4:15 PM, graycrayon said:

i never thought about a persona tbh I always thought people envisioned me as thisimage.png

On 12/24/2016 at 4:48 PM, minespatch said:

heroofcolorcity.jpgSo something like in "The hero of color city"?

On 12/24/2016 at 5:41 PM, graycrayon said:

dude.pngdude ya'll bringin' got danged,,,,, Crayonsonas into my house it ain't right, it ain't decent

grey crayonsona.png

So here's my second attempt at personae of Crayon. Not exactly sure what kind of personality so something laid back. Added guitar since he's a musician.

After a little back and forth about Jotaro from Jojo's Bizarre Adventure saying "good grief" a lot with @toki-wartoothxx, I went on ahead with drawing Jotaro and Charlie Brown in the opposite of their respective works. I think I'll redo Jotaro brown on the second one. I's not as close as how Sparky did it and I actually intended on doing this way back when I was binging the show.

1. charlie browns bizarre adventure.pngI patterned Lucy after Lisa-lisa.
  2. jotaro brown and snoopy pop.pngYes, that's Iggy as Snoopy...

comission quest update.png

New update to my comission sheet with a big thanks to my buddy Azelforest on DA. She lent me her sheet as a example to work off of and it really simplified things. Hopefully this will help people understand. I'll e posting it on the front page as well.

17 minutes ago, Ysulyan said:

I really like that experience mechanic you implemented

I established that in the previous version but due to the first version being a mess, my buddy Azel cleaned it up with her critique. I'll be posting the revamped version after I show her the second revised take. Also need to re-establish the badges as well later today. Heading to bed.

20170107p1-Barbar's photoshoot.png

My latest work. I finally got to finish this piece. Basically a scene from the first book when he got a photograph. I was little miffed that the photographer in the book aimed his camera only on the face rather than just the background as well. So I wanted to aim Babar's composition in front of him. Also wanted to emulate the paint texture from the book. Hence the sepia tone.

20170107p2-RS Mordecai badge.png

My latest badge for sale. This time Mordecai from Regular Show.

On 1/7/2017 at 7:22 AM, GarbageCabbage said:

a.pngthese set of lines put together would be my persona. myep

garbagecabbage  persona.png

My take at @GarbageCabbage's persona... Even though I think it's a joke post. ariel ID face.png

Okuyasu gem jojo style.pngOkuyasu gem SU style.png

My take on @toki-wartoothxx's version of Okuyasu from Jojo as a Steven Universe gem.

20170111-Splatoon squid form badge.png

My latest badge. This time as a splatoon Squid. I probably should do several colored version as well but oh well.

On 1/7/2017 at 9:06 PM, Zeklo said:

9SrmWPS.jpgcwoyqTA.jpgUnrelated.

zeklo people.png

Even if description says "unrelated" I managed to draw them. I liked their design.

JAmes Earl Jones caricaturama.png

A portrait of James Earl Jones I did for the facebook Caricaturama group. I'll be trying to spread my work there and to test myself.

On 1/8/2017 at 1:22 PM, Pyromailmann said:

IMG_0667 (Edited).JPG

Dunno where someone told me to do Pyrotale Undyne doing the Witness me pose, but whoever did, there. you got your wish.

pydyne.png

I liked the fun design while also the simplicity also gave me the liberty to play around with the anatomy. Think I was also inspired by Adventure Time due to watching Uncivilized Elk's videos at the time.

20170122-Joe Viteralli caricature.png

Another caricature for the facebook group "Caricaturama 3000". This time Joe Viterelli. He's a character actor who plays gangsters. Not really familiar with him but he's the focus of this week.

To be honest, with these next two pieces, I struggled to figure if I should put them in my DS thread or off-topic thread. So yeah, chose the latter.

On 1/10/2017 at 6:57 PM, Youknowwho said:

pumpchris.pngTHE ORANGE PARADE

Behold, the skin fanatic: Pumpkris!

orange parade impaled.png

I was looking for different poses of the band leader when I came across the sad image of the skeleton being stabbed by arrows(or to quote Strongbad: "ARROW'D"). Instead of the subject being faced away, I decided to have the scene aiming the viewer with poor Chris looking confused.

On 1/11/2017 at 11:48 AM, mochilo said:

Hi @EthanTheMime! I made this carrot for you. I named her Stephy. I will take a few gold nuggets in exchange or another DS related picture for my profile made by you.

I'm sorry I'm bad at drawing hands.

kQC5K821G.png

On 1/12/2017 at 6:39 AM, mochilo said:

I added Peter Potato a pleated shirt to keep him DS themed! Since there are not potatoes in DS, I think this will do! I hope you like!!

laf28l7sg.png

On 1/12/2017 at 1:01 PM, Weirdobob said:

appleguy.pngHere, a perfect picture for you. Now you'll be the apple of everyone's eye.

On 1/12/2017 at 5:26 PM, JellyUltra said:

Being moved to the art forum can't stop us, our passion for vegetables is too strong.

4aNZxTs.png

Since Peter wasn't related to DS at all, I decided to make three more veggiefriends directly inspired by the game.
This is Marty, Matilda, and Matchstick. They're a small family of Mandrakes that narrowly avoided being made into panflutes by stealing some rope from a chest and choking their captor to death. But since he had a touchstone activated, they've been on the run every night. Going through forests, over mountains, and across oceans, to avoid being captured again. All while Matchstick has, unknown to Matilda, been pregnant with Marty's child.

island  veggie pals.png

I don't have a problem with the thread or character designs, just going from a person making a request for  avatar to these fruit/vegetable ocs was weird. Still, here they are.

Archived