[Minespatch] Catawampus cartoon corner

minespatch

FINALLY

underbridge internet 396.pngunderbridge internet 397.pngunderbridge internet 392.pngunderbridge internet 393.pngunderbridge internet 394.pngunderbridge internet 395.png

I had to hold back from working on my reply sketches and editing my projects just to get these comics digitalized. Now I just need to add text and my father can print these out. Three days of getting these done. Blech. If the nights were warmer, I could've sped through these.

20170317-Hops growing out of walls.png

My latest piece. If my piece is lucky, it'll be among other beer themed art at a local brewery. I did it one day to my shock. So hopefully it gets chosen.

SAM_2289.JPG

Since I didn't want my mermhouse piece framed, the gallery owner said the sides had to be painted due to the other patrons not finding a frameless-piece uncolored on the sides to be unacceptable, so yeah. Though you can see the beer themed piece is smaller.

SAM_2291.JPG

Here's my buddy's piece that she's submitting on her end. Impressed with the way she did the throth. She added some elements to make the throth just pop out. The event came out of nowhere, especially since I missed the art council meeting this tuesday, so I'm relieved I got it done within one day.

20170323p1-Dr Brule wave.png

My caricature of John C Reily for Caricaturama. Went for a Vaporwave meets vintage television look on his character Dr. Steve Brule. I didn't expect it to look like something out of David Cronenberg so I'm delighted and mixed with the results.

anaiel the angel.png

Request from @toki-wartoothxx of her angel character Anaiel. Kind of looks like her other character Blasius but managed to get him done.

Darkpius tries to cuddle Jack.png

Her second request of two requests. I combined two "Draw the OTP" and made this silly thing.

Flosshilde redesign.png

Update of Seigfried Hiel's Wife Flosshilde. One of the three rhine maidens he married and survivor.

1180.png1181.png

Stuff for Deviantart and my portfolio. Needed them scanned.

Underbridge Internet 398.pngUnderbridge Internet 399.pngUnderbridge Internet 400.png

I was supposed to work on the first page of my father's Don't Starve comic but the webcomic I do comes first. I just need to add the dialogue and they're good to go for him to print out. The cold held me back from my work but I hope to catch up.

Underbridge Internet 401 - Copy.pngUnderbridge Internet 402 - Copy.png

Some more Underbridge internet comics. My father did 50% of the art.

20170327p1-Starmanness jam pose.png

@StarmanNess commissioned me for a sketch, so I spread the image wider. Tried to follow the hiphop nature of his Biggie Cheese avatar while using the design he sent me.

unpolishedstarmanness.pngHow it looks like on the receipt.

20170327p2-Sangwoo badge.png20170327p3-yoonbum badge.png

More badges for the Tokipatch store.

Dragonmage gets the platypus for her bday.png

A belated present to

@DragonMage156. Would've made this post yesterday but was in the hospital.

• CQ ambarina.png
  • CQ Melvenbenson.png
  • CQ Starman.png

melvinbenson.pngstarmanbiggiecheese.pngCommission Quest bars. These are the people who have bought from me. I'll be filling their bars with more pieces they buy from me if they want but the portrait is free. :wilson_wink:

3 hours ago, minespatch said:

I don't play "to the moon" but I used this image for reference

Haha. Poor River XD

3 hours ago, MeingroessterFan said:

Yo, you should play To The Moon though. :p 

Yeah I agree. It's a good game (well, for some :/ )

3 hours ago, minespatch said:

I barely have time to play Don't Starve and ONI, so not sure man.

Well... idk. Maybe when holidays come up or somethin? It isn't a very long game but the story and music is truly something ^_^

2 minutes ago, DragonMage156 said:

Well... idk. Maybe when holidays come up or somethin? It isn't a very long game but the story and music is truly something ^_^

I'm unemployed but a lot of my time is on the forums, rping with Toki, and other things. Also, I haven't paid for it.

18 hours ago, minespatch said:

Underbridge Internet 401 - Copy.pngUnderbridge Internet 402 - Copy.png

Some more Underbridge internet comics. My father did 50% of the art.

20170327p1-Starmanness jam pose.png

@StarmanNess commissioned me for a sketch, so I spread the image wider. Tried to follow the hiphop nature of his Biggie Cheese avatar while using the design he sent me.

unpolishedstarmanness.pngHow it looks like on the receipt.

20170327p2-Sangwoo badge.png20170327p3-yoonbum badge.png

More badges for the Tokipatch store.

Dragonmage gets the platypus for her bday.png

A belated present to

@DragonMage156. Would've made this post yesterday but was in the hospital.

• CQ ambarina.png
  • CQ Melvenbenson.png
  • CQ Starman.png

melvinbenson.pngstarmanbiggiecheese.pngCommission Quest bars. These are the people who have bought from me. I'll be filling their bars with more pieces they buy from me if they want but the portrait is free. :wilson_wink:

You drew my mug! Thank you!

4 hours ago, minespatch said:

SAM_2379.JPG

Inks for the commission. HoodieDemon's loving what I've done so far. Though the colors will have to wait until I finish the last of my drawings for the week. Currently inking 

@Battal's art and then will be drawing 

@Arlesienne 's present.

Come on, you don't need to give me anything, the thought itself is precious beyond words! I say you focus on your commissions. I keep my fingers crossed for more :).

8 hours ago, Arlesienne said:

Come on, you don't need to give me anything, the thought itself is precious beyond words! I say you focus on your commissions. I keep my fingers crossed for more :).

Technically it's a art I intended a while back thanks to both @CaptainChaotica's comments, your ongoing trend on a particular comment, and something I've wanted to draw. :wilson_ecstatic:I just finally sped up to get it out finally.

Now I'm wondering which comments you're talking about...

And needless to say all the stuff on this page is awesome.  I think my favourites are the deliberately-messy painting of the beer bottles and such, and the one where the background TOTALLY looks like it really did come off an old TV.  Kinda got a Max Headroom vibe off of that, but not as robotic. 

How DO you find the time to do all this stuff and still...breathe?!  : P

...Notorious

54 minutes ago, CaptainChaotica said:
  1. And needless to say all the stuff on this page is awesome.  I think my favourites are the deliberately-messy painting of the beer bottles and such
  2. , and the one where the background TOTALLY looks like it really did come off an old TV.  Kinda got a Max Headroom vibe off of that, but not as robotic. 
  3. How DO you find the time to do all this stuff and still...breathe?!  : P
  1. I'll be doing three paintings this year for a brewery in Wilson. The theme for this painting is "Beer day", so the idea that came to mind was "hops" and something surreal. My buddy Andrea Horton(local gallery owner) gave me the canvas which she originally started a idea. So I worked from where she started. I think I'll get better at painting but I'm still rusty.
  2. I wanted to do a vaporwave piece with John C Reily's character Dr. Steve Brule. The caricature group on facebook at the time was expecting artists to do a csricature of John C Reily. This week is Jeffery Dean Morgan. Already got the inks done, just need to scan and color it.
  3. Combination of being a night owl, working on art with my father when we eat out at a restaurant twice a week, and being unemployed. :wilson_dorky:

Father and me got the chair finally painted for the chair auction that'll be next month:

SAM_2394.JPGSAM_2395.JPGSAM_2396.JPG

My father wanted to do a horror theme for the chair we'll be putting in, so yeah.

As well as the comics I worked on tonight:

Underbridge Internet 403.pngUnderbridge Internet 404.pngUnderbridge Internet 405.pngUnderbridge Internet 406.png

All I need to do now is add dialogue and then get like two or three hours of sleep.

On 1/23/2017 at 9:59 PM, LiptonPee said:

eEMmYAC.png

On 1/23/2017 at 10:12 PM, Sporb said:

I like mushroom.

Mushroom torture session.png

There was something funny about how crazed Lipton's character looked in the thumbnail while the mushroom just seem traumatized.

anteater and animal frollick.png

Something Lipton did a while back on Skype. Finally had time to reply.

On 1/24/2017 at 2:01 PM, Ninjanemo said:

I also drew this little Enter The Gungeon fanart, as they will be releasing their "supply drop update" this thursday.

New Canvas - Kopi.png

On 1/24/2017 at 10:58 PM, minespatch said:

I feel bad for saying this but the bullet looks like a black lipstick. :wilson_ecstatic:

On 1/25/2017 at 3:28 PM, Ninjanemo said:

New Canvas.pngYou're thinking about his sister. She had a bit of a... Different carrer choice.

Lipstick nightclub singer.png

Went with the classic theme of a singer on a piano. While a rifle plays on a jazzy riff.

On 1/25/2017 at 10:51 PM, Battal said:

tilesets.pngTileset practice for the incoming game jam!

battal ruin assets.png

My attempt at putting his tileset assets as one location. Thought it'd be a fun challenge.My attempt at putting his tileset assets as one location. Thought it'd be a fun challenge.

20170410p1-Morgan as Comedian.png

My entry for Caricaturama of Jeffery Dean Morgan. Instead of Neegan from the Walking Dead, I tackled Dave Gibbon's take on the character from Watchmen. Hence the colored palette.

SAM_2376.JPGSAM_2379.JPGhoodiedemon piece.png

My interrupted comission for HoodieDemon. Youtuber Mr. Dapperton paid his personal artist to do emotion art for Demon, so my work never got the chance to be colored. Oh well...

SAM_2402.JPGSAM_2405.JPG

SAM_2396.JPG

The chair project me and father have been working on for a month now. Looking forward to it being sold at the silent auction.

SAM_2411.JPGSAM_2412.JPG

Also, my beer painting has been finally posted onto the brewery wall. Looking forward to seeing if it gets sold.

Screen Shot 2017-01-24 p1.png

Archived