[Minespatch] Catawampus cartoon corner

minespatch

12 hours ago, minespatch said:

How should my doodle be improved? Did you have a problem with it?

I don't think a personal doodle or drawing "can" be improved by others in any way. It's your doodle and it is what it is. If it was me, I'd do it on ms paint, add colour and funnier expression, but I already did that :D. If you really were asking for advice, I'd say stop drawing on blue and use a black pen, but it would be changing your style and I'm not here for that.

The poor vegie just lost all its soul and awesome hands on your version.

9 hours ago, mochilo said:

I don't think a personal doodle or drawing "can" be improved by others in any way. It's your doodle and it is what it is. If it was me, I'd do it on ms paint, add colour and funnier expression, but I already did that :D. If you really were asking for advice, I'd say stop drawing on blue and use a black pen, but it would be changing your style and I'm not here for that.

The poor vegie just lost all its soul and awesome hands on your version.

ms paint stephy the carrot.png

Here you go, ms paint stephy.

20170202-Omar Sys grin.png

My latest caricature for the Caricaturama3000 facebook group of actor Omar Sy. I picked a photo to work from that gave me a sense of personality. Then I found one with him giving this most hilarious awkward grin. Played around with transparent lines to get this printer-style look to my newest entry.

Priapus force feeds Johnny.png

Spoiler

i54^cimgpsh_orig.png

A request from my buddy @toki-wartoothxx. She wanted me to redraw any panel from the thriller Killing/Stalking with our character Priapus and Johnny. I decided to combine panels to make the scene way more dynamic.

tokibirthday2017.png

Since my best bud got her birthday card, I can post this. Before te big Killing/Stalking fad, she was doing a lot of drawings of this one Jojo character. I also threw in one of her Equivian grubs to match the them of the card.

donkepersona1.png

My attempt at @Donke60's persona so for reference in case other people want to put Donke in their picture.

On 1/15/2017 at 9:16 AM, SirKnight said:

a good lady.png

On 1/17/2017 at 2:08 AM, SirKnight said:

2- is a character @AnonymousKoala showed me

On 1/17/2017 at 7:20 AM, AnonymousKoala said:

Character I created actually, based on something from some game. A portrait, done by a friend, for reference: ARSM4uW.png

Chesterlike mummy things.png

Something about this critter reminded me of a mummified chester, so I thought I'd draw two goofing around.

On 1/17/2017 at 4:18 PM, Ninjanemo said:

Pokemons.pngHere's a lil' artstyle practice I did with a few pokemons. I tried to draw in a bit of a tacky and funky way with this one.

On 1/17/2017 at 9:23 PM, minespatch said:

I like it! They look like they were carved from wood. :wilson_smile:

20170221p2-Old pokemon toymaker.png

I just wanted to draw a elderly toymaker carving these. Thankfully my local city's advertisement showed a elderly shoeshiner and worked from the photo. His outfit even reminded me of the fashion the games have.
Really wanted to emulate the print style of Currier and Ives but didn't go the way I wanted to. Maybe I'll try that experiment later if another project calls for it.

20170221p1-Darkpliers virtual message.png

A request from my buddy @toki-wartoothxx. Her latest interest is Darkplier from the current ARG that Markplier is doing. I'm guessing it'll be something similar to the villain HABIT from Everyman Hybrid.
Anyways, Toki wanted me to carry on her meme of Darkplier with a extreme thick neck. ariel ID face.png

20170221p3- Melania among the lue.png

My entry for this Week's Caricaturama3000 subject: Melania Trump.
Tried to go for a patriotic theme for my piece. Someone  else drew her as Daisy Duck and I should probably go more extreme with my entries but at the moment I'm still getting into caricaturing and I'm not really ready to break down celebrities into shapes. Some artists go really crazy with their entries to amazing degrees but I'm content doing simple drawings right now.

14 hours ago, Mobbstar said:

Your filters are crazy. Crazy, I say!

Layer overlays are fuun~

4 hours ago, Ninjanemo said:
  1. Dude, you are crazy good at drawing faces and poses in a way that just gives your work so much character!
  2. Keep up the good work, and thanks for that lil' pokemon woodcarver piece :D
  1. SAM_2224.JPGI have a sketchbook just for studying faces I find interesting. You can try it too. IT's a fun exercise. Especially if reading a comic has a face you want to emulate. :wilson_smile:
  2. You inspired me a lot! I didn't add the squirtle and Chikorita since I didn't print them out. It was a fun challenge even though I was speeding through my art.

On 1/15/2017 at 9:16 AM, SirKnight said:

boi.png

There seems to be some real tension between @SirKnight and Dan in ash terror.png

@InDenial going on..:wilson_sneaky:

On 1/15/2017 at 10:29 PM, LiptonPee said:

dPoXD0F.jpg

ashes harly.png

I liked Harley's design so I wanted to do a piece on her. Digging the skull hat.

On 2/26/2017 at 9:33 PM, minespatch said:

Ohhhhh Skeletonius is ypour name. What do you look like?

On 2/27/2017 at 7:10 AM, DimWhat said:

*Sorta like his cousin Skeletor, but with less muscle. He has a cape and the Skeletor clothes but they're a tad too big.*

EVIL!

skeletonius.png

So this is what I pictured when  I was told what the dark lord Skeletonius looked like.

On 2/24/2017 at 3:58 PM, DimWhat said:

MY TWENTY THIRD NEMESIS IT APPEARS THAT YOU HAVE THWARTED ME BY NOT CARING! YOU WIN THIS TIME OR DO YOU!?

*A pit opens beneath you. You fall in there it's just water*

HAVE FUN WITH THE SHAR...I forgot the sharks didn't I? Well uh...YES YOU WILL HAVE TO DRY YOU CLOTHES NOW! I WIN!

MWAHAHAHA! HA!

On 2/24/2017 at 6:20 PM, DimWhat said:

I SHOULD'VE KNOWN IT WAS YOU! @Ootay my master of disguise why did you disguise yourself from me!? Ah I can't stay mad at you. So what kind of dirt do you have on nemesis number twelve?

On 2/24/2017 at 7:09 PM, DimWhat said:

YOUR IN... wait @Silvercide you seem familierrrr... WELL IF IT ISN'T NEMESIS NUMBER FIFTEEN YOU NEARLY TRICKED ME! BUT IT IS I WHO HAVE TRICKED YOU!

*The "shark" pit opens beneath you, @ImDaMisterL is swimming towards you.*

YOU POISONED FOUR PERFECTLY GOOD MINIONS NOW YOU WILL PAY! @ImDaMisterL DO YOUR WORST!

On 2/24/2017 at 7:21 PM, DimWhat said:

OF COURSE A LIZARD THAT HATES LIZARDS THAT'S PREPOSTEROUS!  WE HAVE FOUND NEMESIS NUMBER TWELVE'S WEAKNESS!

YOUR REHIRED @Ootay AT PREVIOUS SALARY, $1.50 A DAY!

NOW WHAT CAN YOU DO ABOUT @Silvercide?

On 2/24/2017 at 7:50 PM, DimWhat said:

Twenty three in total. Two definite on the forum. 21 possible nemeses somewhere. Twelve is lizard and 8 IS MY ARCH-NEMESIS!

On 2/25/2017 at 0:00 PM, DimWhat said:

HE FLED...hopefully. He might still be around here.

*There is a trail of cookies leading towards a box trap.*

Oooo cookies... wait a minute. YOU THOUGHT YOU COULD FOOL ME NEMISES NUMBER FIFTEEN! Psssst @ImDaMisterL check if the cookies are dangerous.

On 2/25/2017 at 0:51 PM, DimWhat said:

WHAT!? FOR EIGHT YEARS I BELIEVED THEY WERE THE SAME! CURSE YOU NEMESIS NUMBER FOUR!

*Skeletonious is shouting to the room. @Mobbstar you hear most of this.*

On 2/27/2017 at 10:34 PM, DimWhat said:

OH NO DOUBLE TEAMED! NEMESIS NUMBER TWO WASHING WINDOWS POORLY I SEE!

*The windows are now smeared.*

skeletonius meets nemesis infinity.png

It's been like a catchphrase by this point. Had to throw a curveball.

underbridge internet 391.png

Another Underbridge Internet. This will be around in May.

script 103 - Copy.png

A script my father did but we never did get to do it. Hateful8 is old news by now.

HOW DID YOU FIND OUT HOW I MET NEMESIS NUMBER SIX FOR THE FOURTH TIME!

SINCE I HAVE FOUND YOUR LAIR I CAN PREFORM EVIL SCHEMES HERE! 

MWAHAHA! HA!

[Out of Character] Wow thanks man just I didn't expect Skeletonious to be anything art worthy. Man I wish I was relatively good at art. Also Skeletonious in your picture looks like a bad guy from Kids Next Door. Evil hood, check. Evil cape, check. Boxers, check. All around bad outfit choice, check. All requirements of being a KND villain.

7 hours ago, DimWhat said:

[Out of Character] Wow thanks man just I didn't expect Skeletonious to be anything art worthy. Man I wish I was relatively good at art. Also Skeletonious in your picture looks like a bad guy from Kids Next Door. Evil hood, check. Evil cape, check. Boxers, check. All around bad outfit choice, check. All requirements of being a KND villain.

Used to watch Tom Warburton's show a lot as a kid. So it probably unintentional came through when reading your comment. Though I was also inspired by Gainax and Akira Toriyama's Dr. Slump. Dr. Slump has a lot of silly villains so yeah.

3 hours ago, SirKnight said:

the tension is occasionally resolved, but not for very long let me tell ya

I can imagine just from reading the comments in your thread. :wilson_ecstatic:

• avatar_0774d41031d4_64.png ask-sadisticdark How unsettling. But an accurate depiction of  the rampant anger i would feel for being touched without PeRmiSSion.

picking on darkiplier.png

As stated above, my buddy @toki-wartoothxx requested me to pick on Darkplier. I was heavily inspired by that one image from Kingdom HEarts where the main cast picks on Sora.

darkpius and jonti.png

Another request from Toki. this time with Darkpius and Johnti. From the Murderverse universe. Demonic entities of Priapus Gloon and Johnny Massacre.

On 1/18/2017 at 2:17 PM, gaming lizard said:

mystery.jpg

Greedy knight 

Trying some pixel art.

greed knight.png

My take on Greedy Knight. I liked the simple design and wanted to draw him out. He seems like a menacing character.

20170311-Cool Bill Paxton.png

My entry this week for caricaturama. This time its Bill Paxton. RIP man. RIP.

Tried a cool color palette to match the attitude he's giving.

1177.png1178.png

Some more portfolio stuff I scanned. Already digitalized but I wanted to show the traditional versions.

8 minutes ago, DragonMage156 said:

I love the contrast in style and characters XD (realistic to cartoony :p )

I can't do caricatures well, others can, but I had to work with Mark's photo than a cartoon look since I know people have done caricatures of him but yeah.ariel quiet.png

8 minutes ago, minespatch said:

I can't do caricatures well, others can, but I had to work with Mark's photo than a cartoon look since I know people have done caricatures of him but yeah.ariel quiet.png

I meant how you drew a cartoony character next to a more realistic one in the same pic. Sorry if there was a miscommunication there.

17 minutes ago, DragonMage156 said:

I meant how you drew a cartoony character next to a more realistic one in the same pic. Sorry if there was a miscommunication there.

No, I get that. Just something I'm trying to improve on. Other people manage to get a cartoony Markplier out pretty good.

Archived