Dragon Mage's character mods (WIP)

Some funny shenanigans I got while colouring the Ori piece:

u look a lil blue.pngPurple Ori!!

spoopi.pngThat's not creepy at all 0_0

And here's the finished product:

Spoiler

Ori select character poster with bg.png

I'm proud of it. Of coarse there are still areas of improvement but not so bad for a noob :p

Y'know, ever since I started this mod, I've had so much motovation and push to finish. Idk if it's because of the character or the type of mod this is for DS. It could be because no one's had this idea before? I seem to strive from those ideas :)

• Like 5

1 hour ago, minespatch said:

It could work as a mod if you make the ball the cursor and remove arrow keys. Making a new gameplay?

I don't think we've learnt how to code like that just yet. Although in Ori, to attack you just click anywhere on the screen and Sein (the "ball" you referred to) shoots spirit light at that enemy. This may be possible to achieve but atm I know nothing of coding except the very basics. I'm fine with the current plans I have anyway.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, minespatch said:

It could work as a mod if you make the ball the cursor and remove arrow keys. Making a new gameplay?

One big problem with that is that DS/DST have very basic locomotion, which doesn't really allow Sein to float around smoothly. Also, this would be hell to controller players.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Mobbstar said:

One big problem with that is that DS/DST have very basic locomotion, which doesn't really allow Sein to float around smoothly. Also, this would be hell to controller players.

True. True. That's why I'm sticking with just Ori for this mod.

Y'know, it'd be pretty simple to make Dark Ori since it's just a recolour. However, making him would just be pointless (unless I somehow implemented it in with Ori's mod).

• Like 1

Y'know what? I... I can't do this. I'm done! No matter what I try, the in-game image doesn't change. First with the feet sprites and now the arms.

idk anymore -_-.pngidk what to do.png

(First one's DS and the second is DST with the files replaced with the edits)

I idk why it's doing this. There's no files missing or anything. Maybe I'm not cut out for modding afterall -_- and I was looking forward to clothed DST Ori as well :(

• Like 1

I was looking at some things in spriter and I accidentally moved the face a little and it sparked an idea in my head:

Spoiler

messing around with spriter XD.png

wow!.png

Don't ask. Though I found it pretty funny XD

Also, while I was working on the skull, the black eyes reminded me of what Ori's eyes looked like. Testing that theory here was not wise:

Spoiler

unsettling.png

Sweet dreams btw? XD

Edited by DragonMage156
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, minespatch said:

So Mage became Temmi and Ori became Sans. :wilson_sneaky:

4 hours ago, Mobbstar said:

Actually, that cat head is from the template. It's still Ori's body :lol:

I wouldn't mine drawing it though :p Actually, someone did draw Ori in Sans's clothing XD

Spoiler

trick_or_treat__lightning_and_light_by_t

I'm gonna soon draw my own version though :)

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Mobbstar said:

If you want them to bounce, leave them as "hair", else add them to the headbase. The latter also allows you to modify the connection a little.

Yeah. I mean look at what happened last night:

gremlin looking! 0_0.png

Sure it looks better now but maybe I should consider adding it to the headbase.

• Like 2