[Game Update] - 182893

11 minutes ago, AnonymousKoala said:

Who the hell needs multiplayer in a game with together in it's name? See griefers, we won. 

And now in seriousness, changes to stop griefers are welcome, as long as they don't hurt the game more than griefers. Fire Farms not working anymore is a pretty bad thing, but the fire spread slowdown has its few upsides beyond griefers. Willow being horrible because of griefers...yeah...no. 

I mean, Willow got a slight buff with Bernie being able to activate for anyone. We also got the griefer examination for when people burn bases. Now about griefers, I think Klei needs to change the vote system again. I was on a 25 slot server yesterday with this one Wilson burning everything in sight. We all called a vote to kick him, yet because of 1 'no' vote, it negated the 20 other majority votes. And when we finally did get that guy to stop voting 'no', the griefer still wasn't kicked because there were a few people abstaining and not voting at all. I think that abstains shouldn't count toward a 'no' vote and that one little 'no' vote doesn't negate the majority. So this griefer roamed free until every base in the server was burnt and there was only two people left in the server. Hate to say it, but the vote system is currently in shambles...

Edited by Chris1488
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, V2C said:
  • Server performance improvements, as well as client Physics optimizations.

Thanks KLEI !

It's really better. I gain near 20 fps in my game, which is a lot (25 to 45, and 45 is playable).

There is still a big difference between the hosting pc (server+client) and the client (only client) in lan (ping under 5). When the client is at 45 (in my game), the host is at 60 (which is perfect).

In certain part of my camp (where I have a lot of improved farm) my fps goes down to 30 (10~20 before).

And when the client open the map, the fps directly goes to 30, which is the sign of an other problem.

But seriously, thanks a lot ! (And please, do not stop there, you're really on the right way !)

ps : I love you.

Edited by Onirian
  • Like 3

41 minutes ago, AnonymousKoala said:

By that logic we shouldn't even have a game. 

While people are always going to find a way to troll, something like winter or summer traps gave way too much power to them in case they find said traps, it's pretty annoying to either get killed because a sudden summer/winter started, other kinds of griefing are less "deadly" as far as I've seen (Although, something like destroying bases would be really annoying too, and that one isn't as simple to solve as summer/winter traps).

As for Willow being nerfed, well, it was pointless, she's still the usual chosen character for griefing, and her players have stopped using her, so they didn't accomplish anything good by nerfing her.

41 minutes ago, AnonymousKoala said:

By that logic we shouldn't even have a game. 

While people are always going to find a way to troll, something like winter or summer traps gave way too much power to them in case they find said traps, it's pretty annoying to either get killed because a sudden summer/winter started, other kinds of griefing are less "deadly" as far as I've seen.

As for Willow being nerfed, well, it was pointless, she's still the usual chosen character for griefing, and her players have stopped using her, so they didn't accomplish anything good by nerfing her.

Edited by Lukmendes

• Developer
3 hours ago, LordKhaver said:

not to mention that they are removing things from the DS to put it in DST I found this very bad the floor la of the dragon-fly now only has the DST :/

Nada foi removido do DS para ser colocado no DST.

A Klei está focando no DST no momento, sem contar o DLC Through the Ages e os outros 2 jogos que eles estão fazendo. Eles vão passar certas coisas do DST pro DS mais tarde, e alguns dos desenvolvedores da Klei estão trabalhando no SW, corrigindo os bugs daquele DLC, só demora mais por ser um time menor fazendo isso.

• Like 1

• Developer
3 hours ago, Muche said:

what was updated in v182664 of ModUploader tool?

Just a bug fix related to the stripping of files and folders starting with .

@Fidooop found a lovely issue that was causing one of his mods to be downloaded over and over. That revealed a bug in uploader and two bugs in the game. :)

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Chris1488 said:

Devs, próxima atualização remover DST, está bem? É o que as pessoas querem.

No, and that's what I'm saying just not I can still believe that the second game Don't Starve together a version of the DS onlaine now and the SECOND GAME and EVERYTHING, AND TO HIM AND THE FANS OF the DS THAT can get too far OF BUGS :) for me if put the dst within the ds, and every thing was different it would not have problem now to launch a MULTIPLAYER game and say that he and the 2 ai have already the right

6 hours ago, Chris1488 said:

I mean, Willow got a slight buff with Bernie being able to activate for anyone. We also got the griefer examination for when people burn bases. Now about griefers, I think Klei needs to change the vote system again. I was on a 25 slot server yesterday with this one Wilson burning everything in sight. We all called a vote to kick him, yet because of 1 'no' vote, it negated the 20 other majority votes. And when we finally did get that guy to stop voting 'no', the griefer still wasn't kicked because there were a few people abstaining and not voting at all. I think that abstains shouldn't count toward a 'no' vote and that one little 'no' vote doesn't negate the majority. So this griefer roamed free until every base in the server was burnt and there was only two people left in the server. Hate to say it, but the vote system is currently in shambles...

Also people afk in character select count towards abstaining as well, so the vote won't go through then too. And the player can just easily leave during the vote and rejoin the server (even after a kick) and continue to grief. Plus since you can't rollback more than a couple times, if a griefer did everything just before morning, and since the voting system needs so many revotes with people not voting... can't even roll back enough if a day passes before it actually goes through. The voting system is pretty bad at the moment.

And I still miss Willow's fire immunity ;-;

13 hours ago, Lukmendes said:

Because of Grievers

The reason that they stated (and I happen to agree w/) is that the Summer / Winter traps are a lot more punishing in a multiplayer environment where new players (or griefers, but mostly new players) might ruin whole servers by happening upon these traps while unaware of the calamity they are capable of.

In a single player game, you can trigger it and learn from your mistake; it's part of the learning curve.  In DST, you may have no idea what happened; it was autumn and easy preparations were being made, but now it's suddenly 100 degrees and everything is on FIRE.

That is why it was changed.  Not because of griefers.

At least, not this time...

10 hours ago, LordKhaver said:

they removed the DS that had it on the DS now have only pro DST

No, they did not. There was no version of DS with it, it's DST exclusive. And besides do you even need it that much in DS? You can argue that in DST its also not that useful but its a bit more so.

• Like 1

And I have no idea what LordKhaver was going on about with Dragonfly.  She still exists in regular Don't Starve; she just doesn't have a permanent base out in the desert 'cos she's not a raid boss, 'cos, no raids.  Still totally the summer giant, though--just set giants to anything except "none" and sometime after the weather gets hot, she'll rock up and burn down your base.  Just like old times!

...Notorious

8 minutes ago, CaptainChaotica said:

And I have no idea what LordKhaver was going on about with Dragonfly.  She still exists in regular Don't Starve; she just doesn't have a permanent base out in the desert 'cos she's not a raid boss, 'cos, no raids.  Still totally the summer giant, though--just set giants to anything except "none" and sometime after the weather gets hot, she'll rock up and burn down your base.  Just like old times!

...Notorious

He was talking about scaled flooring.