[Game Update] - 182893

• Developer
  • /roll command expanded to roll multiple dice at once. Try '/roll 20' to roll a single 20-sided dice, or '/roll 3d6' to roll three 6-sided dice.
  • Added sound effects for building Farms.
  • Server performance improvements, as well as client Physics optimizations.
  • Subscribed mods are now cached when downloaded, making unsubscribing and subscribing faster.
  • Fix crash when a server with an old saveindex was missing its save files (i.e. they got deleted).
  • Fixed unpacking of mods with invalid data from failing needlessly.
  • Fixed crash sometimes on mods tabs that occurred when cleaning mods.

View full update

• Like 17

1 hour ago, Chris1488 said:

No, DS has not updated yet. These DST changes should come to DS with more bug fixes in the future. Please be patient, and thank you.

3 months after the game release, I believe we have been patient enough.

Klei has a habit of moving on after a project is out, leaving the players to deal with the bugs and imbalances. There is a serious lack of awareness and assiduity in Klei's development team.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Hezel said:

Klei has a habit of moving on after a project is out, leaving the players to deal with the bugs and imbalances. There is a serious lack of awareness and assiduity in Klei's development team.

There was a big SW update this month though... Were you not paying attention?

• Like 7

35 minutes ago, Hezel said:

Woah woah, friend! Settle down!

Klei is currently working on adding the entirety of the new features to Don't Starve Together. When they're done, they will then port the new features over. (Or, possibly, combine the two games... at last!)

As for your second point, SW wasn't exactly made by Klei, it was mostly Capy, and Capy were the ones who seemingly bailed after the release. (Seems like they wanted it gone and done with as fast as possible.... Hm.) However, note that we did just get a recent facelift to Shipwrecked recently (Although, it's small size was a little disappointing.)

Not to mention, from what I've been told from multiple sources (@nome on the forums, and nome on steam) there's only one man(Vito, or @V2C if I remember correctly) working on the game feature-wise rather than servers, art, interface, optimizations, and bug fixes.

Not to mention, Oxygen Not Included's development.

So really, if anything, we should be applauding them for at least getting something done over there, eh?

(note: i may be wrong on some of this. I'm not klei's mom, sheesh.)

Edited by Weirdobob
Double Post :I
  • Like 8

3 hours ago, smallishbird said:

@hyiltiz Looks like u got ur wish.

Oh nice! I am not sure how this relates to my proposal though. I was more concerned about the fact that the next person rolling the dice knows the all previous outcomes.

3 hours ago, smallishbird said:

@hyiltiz Looks like u got ur wish.

Oh nice! I am not sure how this relates to my proposal though. I was more concerned about the fact that the next person rolling the dice knows the all previous outcomes.

1 hour ago, Hezel said:

59 minutes ago, Chris1488 said:

There was a big SW update this month though... Were you not paying attention?

That Shipwrecked update also included the updated sounds from DST, so we can expect them to still come to singleplayer later.

Edited by oCrapaCreeper

• Developer
5 hours ago, Weirdobob said:

Not to mention, from what I've been told from multiple sources (@nome on the forums, and nome on steam) there's only one man(Vito, or @V2C if I remember correctly) working on the game feature-wise rather than servers, art, interface, optimizations, and bug fixes.

Hah, that was a joke. :p

• Like 10

6 hours ago, Weirdobob said:

Woah woah, friend! Settle down!

Klei is currently working on adding the entirety of the new features to Don't Starve Together. When they're done, they will then port the new features over. (Or, possibly, combine the two games... at last!)

As for your second point, SW wasn't exactly made by Klei, it was mostly Capy, and Capy were the ones who seemingly bailed after the release. (Seems like they wanted it gone and done with as fast as possible.... Hm.) However, note that we did just get a recent facelift to Shipwrecked recently (Although, it's small size was a little disappointing.)

Not to mention, Oxygen Not Included's development.

So really, if anything, we should be applauding them for at least getting something done over there, eh?

(note: i may be wrong on some of this. I'm not klei's mom, sheesh.)

Glad too see there was a patch, it happened while I had no internet so it went unnoticed. It's a start but it's honestly small, and releasing this two whole months after the game's release is just baffling. I understand bugs are everywhere in the game, it was this way in Rog; maybe lua is a low grade language, maybe the game was poorly coded. But we're not just talking about graphical glitches or minor issues. Capy took a part in the game, but if SW was left this way to glitch itself out of existence, someone, somewhere didn't do his job.

Maybe a solution would have been to have the price for SW something higher than 5$; so the one guy working on the game could have a friend, or maybe so they wouldn't have to move on to ONI right away. Or maybe even they wouldn't have to rely on the pennies they make off of DST skin sells, while the player has to pay for skins 20 bucks each if not more, just because some guy got lucky on the other side of the planet.

About DST, it's future is looking very grim. Especially when you look at what additions such as twiggy trees and beefalo riding bring to gameplay. One transfer the oh so hated horrendous wood grind to twigs, where nobody apparently asked for that feature or understands what it does besides make the player spend more on gathering basic ressources. The other, requires an absolutely ludicrous knowledge of the game's mechanics, a ridiculous amount of time, for what ? Nothing. Beefalo riding brings nothing to gameplay. You don't go faster on a beef (in fact, you go slower). You don't hit harder, on the contrary. It doesn't make you very much more resistant to attacks. So why???

And this is something that has been soaking up development time for a long while. We have spent months on beefalo riding, and I've yet to see a semi-experienced player tame a beef unironically. Taming mechanics are just too complicated. On top of that, beef take way too long to tame, they untame way too fast; for virtually zero benefits.

DST is a drunken mess. It has less content than DS, and the exclusive features either don't work, lack relevance, sometimes both.

And I don't even want to mention seasonal traps that were removed (why???), or the big touchstone rant thread which to my knowledge devs ignored completely.

Somewhat off topic, but I care about the franchise and it's obviously not going well, despites what everyone says on the forums. I cannot foresee a satisfying future for DST right now. The game is definitely not in a pleasant state.

Edited by Hezel
  • Like 3

11 hours ago, V2C said:

Server performance improvements, as well as client Physics optimizations.

What exactly is done? And how much better is it now?

e.g. I could host maximum for 20 players before. Can I increase this number now?

Edited by Maris

11 hours ago, Chris1488 said:

Houve uma grande SW atualizar este mês embora ... você não estava prestando atenção?

Most of these fixes did not fix almost anything still waiting for a optimization on it, and I would like to klei to join the two games because of this business separate from my god

5 minutes ago, LordKhaver said:

Most of these fixes did not fix almost anything still waiting for a optimization on it, and I would like to klei to join the two games because of this business separate from my god

Would you rather the bugs be put back into SW?

Edited by Chris1488

11 hours ago, Weirdobob said:

Woah woah, amigo! Estabeleça-se!

Klei está atualmente trabalhando em adicionar a  totalidade  dos novos recursos para não morrer de fome Together. Quando estiver pronto, então eles vão portuárias as novas funcionalidades. (Ou, eventualmente, combinar os dois jogos ... finalmente!)

Quanto ao seu segundo ponto, SW não estava exatamente feito por Klei, a maioria era Capy e Capy foram os únicos que aparentemente resgatados após o lançamento. (Parece que eles queriam ido e feito com o mais rápido possível .... Hm.) No entanto, note que nós fizemos apenas obter um facelift recente a Náufragos recentemente (Embora, é pequeno tamanho foi um pouco decepcionante.)

Já para não falar, pelo que eu tenho dito a partir de várias fontes ( @nome  nos fóruns e nomo em vapor) há apenas um homem (Vito, ou @ V2C se bem me lembro) trabalhando no recurso-wise jogo ao invés de servidores, correções de arte, de interface, otimizações, e do erro.

Para não mencionar, Oxygen não está incluído o desenvolvimento.

Então, realmente, se alguma coisa, devemos estar aplaudindo-los para pelo menos conseguir  algo  feito por lá, hein?

(Nota: Eu posso estar errado em alguns dos isso eu não sou a mãe de klei, sheesh..)

there's a guy cleaning up the bug fixes from the SW ? my god is going to take years

4 minutes ago, Chris1488 said:

Devs, next update remove DST, alright? It's what the people want.

Who the hell needs multiplayer in a game with together in it's name? See griefers, we won. 

And now in seriousness, changes to stop griefers are welcome, as long as they don't hurt the game more than griefers. Fire Farms not working anymore is a pretty bad thing, but the fire spread slowdown has its few upsides beyond griefers. Willow being horrible because of griefers...yeah...no. 

6 minutes ago, LordKhaver said:

They actually fixed most of the crashes that don't come from optimization.

AKA the ones who have been reported countless times. As much **** as I give ****wrecked, that patch fixed quite a few stuff.