Sign in to follow this  
Asparagus

[Character Mod] - Daniel The Spectromancer

Asparagus    9126

Hi there! :D

I'm here to gladly announce that there's a new character mod in town!

563AE8B50E07B25562AA3E7C6DCA94A81CA75219

Daniel the Spectromancer™ 

WrBXCEU.png"Your souls belong to me now..." 

QYlzL5E.png  ifjzLDM.png  MmewPVt.png 

Health: 130 || Sanity: 180 || Hunger: 150

new_icon.gif

oakZZfR.png

Tiredness: 150

PERKS:

Tier 1 Magic Knowledge - Daniel has spent his whole life in pursuit of dark and otherworldly knowledge to save someone he loves... being a Spectromancer, he has gained knowledge of ways of reviving the dead and manipulating dark energies. He is able to research tier 1 magic items from a simple Science Machine and tier 2 magic items from a Prestihatitator.

Spoiler

1306209328B55E1BFEDCBDE73DEB146946899104

oakZZfR.pngTiredness (Fatigue) - Having a great connection with the after-life comes with a cost... Daniel's energy is spent in exchange of his abilities. He periodically gains tiredness/fatigue points all day and night, gaining more during dusk and more at night...

Spoiler
  • (A) The more tired he is, the more purple and full the Tiredness/Fatigue Badge gets, at half-full, Daniel will start to exhibit tiredness with small periods of "grogginess" (the same effect after waking up after being put to sleep by a Mandrake, Pan Flute, or Sleepy Time Stories) where he will be moving slowly.
  • (B) Along with this, he will go in a state of "goofiness" where he will say random things and exude a Sanity Aura (similar to when you laugh at a friend who's sleep-talking).
  • (C) When the badge completely fills up at 150, Daniel will get "knocked out" and fall asleep on the spot for 30 seconds where he will lose tiredness (he may be vulnerable to attacks at this state).
  • (D) In normal Autumn standards, Daniel's tiredness meter will be completely filled up at about the 2nd night.
  • (E) Sleeping is the most effective way to reduce tiredness/fatigue
  • (F) Additionally, eating raw "red caps" will reduce his tiredness/fatigue by 10 but will take 20 damage.
  • (H) As of update v1.1.0, you can dispel ghosts to reduce 15 sanity per ghost by haunting them with Jerry.new_icon.gif
  • (I) As of update v1.1.0, Daniel gains tiredness equal to that in Dusk in the over world while in the caves from the previous tiredness gain in caves equal to night.new_icon.gif

8C2B28DCE2C003A91AE82D9286E4FEF8F156B114

FD884329CBAF6904E18C7D06FB2B36454D42AA87

113BD9A4EDA96EAA25E711C3F795E262EAEF1D10

latest?cb=20140121234919Claimed Souls - Being a "Spectromancer™", Daniel has the ability to control spirits that he himself rips from mobs he kill... Claimed souls act as less powerful versions of Wendy's Abigail. Owning a Claimed Soul will raise Daniel's minimum tiredness/fatigue by 20% -- the more ghosts Daniel has claimed, the more tired he is. Sleeping or eating red caps will not reduce tiredness caused by Claimed Souls.

Spoiler

43EF71063CEB485F1D222EB9C1B8AEB3E431D565

• As of update v1.1.0, claimed souls health increased from 200 HP to 250 HPnew_icon.gif
  • Damaged increased from 50% less from Abigail's base damage to 30% less.new_icon.gif
  • Giant Claimed Souls (souls claimed from defeated Giants) now have a lot more health (from 800 to 1000) and deal a lot more damage.new_icon.gif
  • When a Giant Claimed Souls dies, Daniel loses 50 tiredness. new_icon.gif

CUSTOM ITEMS:

aLaU0TK.pngJerry The Cane - Daniel brings along a cane possessed inhabited by the spirit of his best friend Jerry. Much like Lucy, Jerry can talk and has his own unique sets of quotes for different scenarios (from combat, Daniel's tiredness state, how much hunger points he has, and his own state whether he's on the ground, in storage, being in the same inventory as another Jerry, etc). Picking up another Jerry will make Daniel drop it and prompt Jerry to say something. Jerry is important to Daniel's first days as his grogginess will hinder travel and movement for a while so the trick is to get stocked up on supplies on the first day...

Spoiler
  • Jerry is essentially a walking cane but with the added features of having the ability to haunt objects/mobs much like a ghost does.
  • Using Jerry to haunt things will drain 10 hunger from Daniel.
  • A mob killed using Jerry or while it is being haunted grants a higher chance of spawning a Claimed Soul to do your bidding.
  • The more insane Daniel gets, the more damage Jerry can whip out.
  • Jerry also deals an added +20 bonus damage when attacking Ghosts or Nightmares.

b9uJLQM.pngBreezy Roll Any self-respecting sleepy Spectromancer should save resources when savoring the sweet swoon of slumber! Daniel can craft specialized sleeping bags made from the versatile clothing materials this side of the void! Introducing the Koalefant Sleeping Bags! The Breezy Roll is a bed roll that is comfortable enough to even trump a tent with its hunger-sanity-health stats. Sleeping on a Breezy Roll effectively reduces tiredness and regenerates sanity for very little hunger! It has 8 uses and can be repaired with a Sewing Kit which effectively repairs 2 uses! All you need to do now is learn to hunt Koalefants and you're set.

LLPdXYl.pngPuffy Roll - This thermal titan famously known to make excellent thermal clothes for winter can now turn tiredness into trifle things! Much like it's brother the Breezy Roll, the Puffy Roll is an effective means of making sleepy time into a pleasurable past time. Most suited for those long winter nights, it has 12 uses and adds a bonus of warming up Daniel even more!

Disclaimer: These specialized sleeping bags may contain both night and creepy crawlers, some residual dried nasal residue (makes it bouncier if you ask me), and may, or may not be haunted by the spirits of the slain Koalefant... Survivor usage caution is advised... (basically, other survivors may not use them; this may or may not be subject to change, depending on how well they perform).

Spoiler

4BD6DAFA4A6026AC6CE7C40B6FA45868FD727A983973C3AE1A8951ACF2986B5A5C4661551F9757C3

CRAFTING:

• Daniel starts with the Straw Roll and Fur Roll recipes already learned. (rope not included).
  • The Spectromancer also has an advancement in magical recipes. (Prestihatitator recipes at Science Machines and Shadow Manipulator recipes at Prestihatitators) .
  • Breezy Roll: (Prototyped at a Science Machine) Costs x1 Summer Koalefant Trunk, x8 x6 Spider Silk, and x2 Rope in the Survival tab. new_icon.gif (v1.1.0)
  • Puffy Roll: (Prototyped at an Alchemy Engine) Costs x1 Winter Koalefant Trunk, x12 x10 Spider Silk, and x2 Rope in the Survival tab. new_icon.gif (v1.1.0)
  • Jerry the Cane: (No prototyping necessary) Costs x2 Nightmare Fuel,  x2 Bone Shards, and x4 Twigs in the Magic tab.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATES:

MOD CHANGE LOGS

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Big thanks to @Fidooop for making this character come to life! *insert Skype hug emote here* and to @ImDaMisterL and @NootNoot for helping take care of both Jerry's quotes and for character inspections for Daniel *insert skype hugS emote here*. I did Daniel's quotes btw and are mostly based on my personality... these guys have emulated that in Jerry quite well in fact and may have a few daring quotes in him... don't be surprised if you suddenly read something... racy XD.

And let's not forget to give a loud shout-out to( @SageOfLegendSage of Legend for his wonderful art! Check his other stuff by clicking on the link on his name.

Author-Contributor Summary:

• @Fidooop - Lead Programmer, Character Concept and Concept Design, Sounds
  • @Asparagus - Character Concept and Concept Design, Character Quote (Daniel)
  • @ImDaMisterL - Character Inspections of Daniel.
  • @NootNoot - Jerry's Quotes.
  • @SageOfLegend - Concept Design, Artist, Sounds.

More details to come about The Spectromancer in the future. Check out the Mod Page Here and Subscribe!

Edited by Asparagus
Update

WPH    921

i have not tested this for myself but if everything stated here works, it's quite amazing. O_O ! good work everyone!

Asparagus    9126
6 minutes ago, WPH said:

i have not tested this for myself but if everything stated here works, it's quite amazing. O_O ! good work everyone!

Thank you! :)

If you do find any bugs, please post it either here or in the Bug Discussion in the Mod Page.

Edited by Asparagus
dang, forums, back at it again with the double posting.

Asparagus    9126
6 minutes ago, DragonMage156 said:

So did someone else do the complete spriting?

46 minutes ago, Asparagus said:

And let's not forget to give a loud shout-out to Sage of Legend for his wonderful art! Check his other stuff by clicking on the link on his name.

Yes :)

DragonMage156    27213
4 minutes ago, Asparagus said:

Yes :)

Do you think he could *cough* do my sprite for me?

I'll be honest, that's the only thing holding me back back from doing my own character mods. I can do the base coding thanks to tutorials but the artz... Even if I had base shapes, I could probably do it.

Asparagus    9126
4 minutes ago, DragonMage156 said:

I'll be honest, that's the only thing holding me back back from doing my own character mods. I can do the base coding thanks to tutorials but the artz... Even if I had base shapes, I could probably do it.

Sage of Legend charges for his art as he should with that quality :) We got him to make the Daniel Mod's art because he and Fid have a romantic thing with each other which I am fully supportive of have a very good work relationship.

Chris1448    13383
5 minutes ago, DragonMage156 said:

Art from Sage will cost ya somewhere in the $400s

SageOfLegend    50
3 hours ago, Chris1488 said:

If you just want a basic character it's only $300. :) Extra stuff like sleeping bags, a sweet cane, and custom sounds would bring it up.

DragonMage156    27213
10 hours ago, Chris1488 said:

Well that settles it. Back to being lazy and procrastinating with the drawn sprites I could probably use but haven't yet -_-

Fidooop    2592

Just updated Daniel!

v1.0.4
Fixed characters not examining Jerry properly.
Fixed a few mistakes in Daniel's dialogue.
Lowered the volume of Daniel's and Jerry's voices.

(He *SHOULD* be 100% done now! :) )

Edited by Fidooop

Fidooop    2592
1 hour ago, ImDaMisterL said:

Random gaming easter egg or... riot?

wat...?

1 hour ago, GiddyGuy said:

But is there white vans?

also wat.......??

Asparagus    9126
On 6/27/2016 at 10:00 AM, GiddyGuy said:

But is there white vans?

They'll be in a future update where other players have the option of either examining Daniel normally or with a "Damn~ Daniel!"

jk

Fidooop    2592

Just a little boop to let everyone know that Daniel had an update yesterday addressing a few of the bugs and the crash that came about from the most recent skins update!

v1.0.6
Fixed crash that was caused by using a sleeping bag.
Fixed bug that caused the Trunk Rolls to not show their proper anim when sleeping.
Fixed tiredness meter not draining properly when sleeping in a Tent or Siesta.
Sleeping in a Tent or Siesta now does added drainage to the tiredness meter. (not as much as the Trunk Rolls but more than the regular bedrolls)

Daniel's all better and ready to play with again! ^-^

Fidooop    2592

After much playtesting a buff has been released to better balance Daniel!

v1.1.0
Claimed Souls are now more common.
Giant Claimed Souls are now slightly more rare.
Claimed Souls can now be "freed" by Jerry.
Claimed Souls now have a little more health (from 200 to 250) and deal more damage.
Giant Claimed Souls now have a lot more health (from 800 to 1000) and deal a lot more damage.
All Claimed Souls now do a slight bit more damage during the day. (from 50% damage to 60%)
When a Claimed Soul dies Daniel loses 15 tiredness.
When a Giant Claimed Souls dies Daniel loses 50 tiredness.
When Daniel is in the caves his tiredness gain is now the same as if it was dusk 24/7 rather than night 24/7.
Breezy Roll now costs 6 silk rather than 8.
Puffy Roll now costs 10 silk rather than 12.
Breezy Roll insulation lowered.
Puffy Roll insulation increased.

Enjoy! ^w^

Fidooop    2592

Updated again! More rebalancing and a few bugs/crashes have been fixed. :p

v1.2.0
Decreased chances of spawning Claimed Souls when killing a mob with Jerry
Greatly increased chances of spawning Claimed Souls when killing a mob after having recently haunted it with Jerry.
Made Giant Claimed Souls more rare.
Increased the chance of spawning a Claimed Soul from smaller mobs.
Decreased the tiredness penalty for having Claimed Souls from 20% permanent tiredness per to 12% per.
Decreased the tiredness penalty for having a Giant Claimed Soul from 50% permanent tiredness to 40%.
Increased Claimed Souls' movement speed.
Claimed Souls now keep distance from all players rather than just the Daniel they are following.
Claimed Souls now care when their leading Daniel or followers of their leading Daniel are getting attacked.
Blue Claimed Souls no longer turn pink when loading a save.
Claimed Souls now properly reward Daniel with lowered tiredness upon their death.
Jerry no longer thinks he's in a backpack when he isn't.
Fixed crash caused by Jerry thinking he was in a backpack when he was on the ground and said backpack was picked up.

Asparagus    9126
10 hours ago, Andmann said:

puffy roll should require beefalo fur as well

As to keeping with Don't Starve tradition, we're only using 3 ingredients for the recipe... but I suppose we can substitute the silk for the Puffy Roll with Beefalo fur... but that would be too easy to obtain ;)

We'll test this out and see what we can do :)