[Game Update] - 182328

2 hours ago, CaptainChaotica said:

And as we've seen recently, even in cooperative, non-PvP servers, people have been using Wickerbottom to grief just as well!  More effectively, perhaps, since the tentacles _stay_ at spawn longer than fire keeps burning.  To this day, people still sometimes yell "BAN WILLOW!" the second one comes on the server (I was there when that happened recently--fortunately I was playing as Wendy) and yet, look at this tentacles-at-spawn-AND-the-touchstone thing. Look at it!

The Wickerbotton's spells can be solved by making the characters ivulnerable after being spawned/resurrected though, something like 5 seconds of invincibility would be more than enough to get away from whatever silly trap Wickerbottoms trolls left.

As for griefers, yeah, they'll always be around, the characters saying a line when someone burned something helps a bit, but that would only help if you were near where the character is, remembering their names and banning them when they join would be the best way to deal with this.

4 hours ago, CaptainChaotica said:

And as we've seen recently, even in cooperative, non-PvP servers, people have been using Wickerbottom to grief just as well!  More effectively, perhaps, since the tentacles _stay_ at spawn longer than fire keeps burning.  To this day, people still sometimes yell "BAN WILLOW!" the second one comes on the server (I was there when that happened recently--fortunately I was playing as Wendy) and yet, look at this tentacles-at-spawn-AND-the-touchstone thing. Look at it!

And yet, as we've seen, there is NO way.  NO way at all!--to completely keep players from messing each other up.  One of the most basic things at all--fire--can be used by anybody.  Not even counting things like Wickerbottom's spells.  You _need_ fire to live, or else Charlie will get you.  Anybody can make fire.  So anybody can grief.  There is no way to take that out of the game entirely without making it unlayable.

Sigh.

Can't we just like, ship all griefers everywhere off to a remote island with no Internet?  I've had it up to HERE with those festering genital sores.

...Notorious

Well, if you talk about spawn griefing, no one is mightier than Webber. To Wicker, you really have to go through hell to make that tentacle book (at least play 3-10 Days depending on how good you are and how lucky you are with your map). But, a Webber simply has to spawn, plant its nest right at spawn, then die/leave.