What kind of item would you like to be added to the game?

On 2016-06-26 at 6:24 AM, bubben16 said:

I would love something to make with Phlegm from the Ewecus, something with Glommers Wings since we cant craft the Old Bell in DST and something else than walls with the Moon Rocks.

And a wigfridge 

I took some time to think, and i got some good ideas.

Phlegm could be used to make some kind of projectile that traps someone. (Sure, it might not be the best thing, but atleast it won't be useless.)

Moon Rocks could be used to make some base decorations or possibly some flooring. (Klei, give us base decorations please.)

Haven't thought of anything for Glommers Wings though.

Wigfridge is insanely loud but produces 1 meat per day.

I wish I could remember its name!  I've run into servers that had the mod...um...hang on, I think this is it:

Birds and Berries and Trees and Flowers for Friends

...which has more than just different-coloured berries, as you can see.  I played on a server with this mod a couple times.  It's kinda fun.  If you had this _and_ Pickle It! on the same server, you could have variety of plant-based food coming out of your EARS.

...Notorious

33 minutes ago, CaptainChaotica said:

I wish I could remember its name!  I've run into servers that had the mod...um...hang on, I think this is it:

Birds and Berries and Trees and Flowers for Friends

...which has more than just different-coloured berries, as you can see.  I played on a server with this mod a couple times.  It's kinda fun.  If you had this _and_ Pickle It! on the same server, you could have variety of plant-based food coming out of your EARS.

...Notorious

Visually looks kind of weird, but concept's nice.

Birds look weird to me.

Yeah, they kinda do. I don't know what it is, but they do.

Nice mod, but I'd kind of like it if you could get just bits of it at once.  Say, I want to add apple trees, but not TONS of new food items to the game.  Or just the berries.  That kind of thing.

...Notorious

1 hour ago, CaptainChaotica said:

Yeah, they kinda do. I don't know what it is, but they do.

Nice mod, but I'd kind of like it if you could get just bits of it at once.  Say, I want to add apple trees, but not TONS of new food items to the game.  Or just the berries.  That kind of thing.

...Notorious

I kind of agree, but on the other hand, if every new addition is its own mod... that would be hard to maintain. You would quickly lose the overview.

On 7/1/2016 at 7:08 PM, Dudedude said:

-More weapons, armors, and bosses (maybe even just stronger mobs). Weapon diversity is lacking. There should be more items like bow and arrows, flails, longswords, and more. It would really spice up combat. I also want there to be more enemies you REALLY have to prepare for, like the bosses.

-More seasonal diversity. I want crazy events to happen during parts of the year that really spice things up. Like a heat wave in summer, or an ice storm in winter, a torrential downpour in spring, etc.

-More "together"-based items. It's a game about surviving with friends, so there should totally be items that 2 or more players should be able to use in conjunction with one another. An example would be, say, maybe a rope that would restrain an enemy for a time  while another player attacked it.

-More food diversity. Juicy berries were a nice addition, but I'm tired of usually seeing carrots and regular berries. Spice it up, add poisonous berries that could affect regular berries in a player's inventory. Add more fruits that could be harvested on fruit trees. Expand the crock pot dish capabilites. The list goes on.

-More machines. Maybe something like a device that automatically picks berries from the bush, and one that picks up items off the ground, similar to how the lazy forager works. Combine them, and you have an automatic berry farm. There could also be devices that chop and plant trees.

-3rd tier magic and science levels. Pretty much speaks for itself. Tier 3 science could allow for the creation of the previously mentioned machines, as well as numerous other sciency gadgets to aid you in your survival. Tier 3 magic could allow for the combining of gemstones, new amulets, and new staffs. A green and blue gem combine to create a teal gem. The teal gem would have different properties altogether from the blue and green gems. Perhaps it could summon rain, or make the player wet when wearing it as an amulet. Combine 3 gems, red, blue, and yellow, into a white gem, which could create a lightning staff and supercharge the player when worn as an amulet. Combine white and red for a pink gem, which could heal health at the cost of sanity, unlike the red amulet, which takes hunger. The pink gem staff can heal allies and other players as well as yourself at the expense of sanity. I have more gemstone ideas, but I digress.

That's all I have for now, I'll post more here if I feel up to it, haha.

...cough

Oh god.  I just pictured Wendy with a scythe.  (deadpan voice, empty staring eyes*)  "I am the Angel of Death. The hour of purification is at hand."

Even better if she has that creepy smile fixed on her face from the "Pure Agony" thread! 

But, I mean, Death isn't really that bad.  He's JUST DOING HIS JOB.  ;)

...Notorious

*Which, admittedly, is the way she looks _all_ the time.

8 hours ago, ImDaMisterL said:

How about a scythe?

I dunno, I just like scythes.

Nice idea. Maybe a scythe so you can instantly cut grass (and saplings, perhaps)? I think people would definitely use that for lots of farming.

Don't know if these have been suggested yet:

• Bows and arrows (it wouldn't even be that difficult a thing to construct really).  
  • Monsters that come out of ponds similar to the swamp tentacles if your sanity is low (bonus if it's made of water).  
  • More stuff done with shadow fuel please.
  • Being able to actually throw a spear
  • I'm always a sucker for a manticore in the game (lion, bat wings and scorpion tail. No human face tho,)
  • Hydration meter /  A need to collect water from ponds to fill a water bottle (probs made from pigskin) Or alternatively, set out buckets to collect water during rainy seasons (when you first start out you can just drink water straight from the pond but it affects health maybe?).
  • It'd be neat if we were given something electrical to build and hook up to the lightning rod, so it can only be powered maybe by that? Or alternatively if we want spare 'batteries', to make them from Volt Goat horns

Those are just a few suggestions that have been on my mind lately, and I'd adore to have them implemented.

On July 3, 2016 at 8:05 PM, Joachim said:

Nice idea. Maybe a scythe so you can instantly cut grass (and saplings, perhaps)? I think people would definitely use that for lots of farming.

A mod is made for that. But if implemented in DST it's best if it has an area of effect of gathering grass, twigs, etc.

A water bucket.Seriously,I've just stumbled upon a mod that adds water bucket in the game and it's really bloody simple: Fill the bucket with water from a pond with which you can extinguish fires or wet yourself OR place the water bucket in the freezer to make ice!Or place ice to fill the bucket with water after it melts!

Stupidly simple I know but a lovable idea nonetheless!

On 7/5/2016 at 0:35 AM, StarvedKasad said:

A water bucket.Seriously,I've just stumbled upon a mod that adds water bucket in the game and it's really bloody simple: Fill the bucket with water from a pond with which you can extinguish fires or wet yourself OR place the water bucket in the freezer to make ice!Or place ice to fill the bucket with water after it melts!

Stupidly simple I know but a lovable idea nonetheless!

Easy ice production breaks game balance, didn't you already know?

Ideas for Willow reworks + item reworks 

-Lighter is infinite when she uses it, but loses durability upon cooking with it. All other characters would just use it as a normal torch that lasts longer.

-No more insanity freezing (not an item just throwing this idea in)

-Bernie survives longer, and occasionally runs away from nightmares at a fast pace.

-Fire staff does x2 damage with a chance that it wont use 5% durability, and gives her 1 sanity a use

Other ideas

Heat amulet, works similar to the Chilling amulet but heats you up.

if I think of more, ill edit and post em.

We want: Monkeys we can ride , koelephants we can ride, euwcus we can ride.

No, seriously, no more items please. Keep the current items and mechanic more balanced (as Rezecib's Rebalances Mod).

14 hours ago, hyiltiz said:

Easy ice production breaks game balance, didn't you already know?

Would one ice per day be that broken?It also requires a fridge and it requires 1of the slots of that fridge.It would be the only reasonable way to have ice during summer.1 ice per 2 days per bucket.Wouldn't be that broken.

42 minutes ago, StarvedKasad said:

Would one ice per day be that broken?It also requires a fridge and it requires 1of the slots of that fridge.It would be the only reasonable way to have ice during summer.1 ice per 2 days per bucket.Wouldn't be that broken.

This use, isn't that useful to be fair, ice is really abundant, you can always collect it during spring if you want "fresh" ice.

Archived