What kind of item would you like to be added to the game?

Plantable mushrooms.

Animal cages.

Craftable rabbit holes.

Basically anything that is replantable in real life to be replantable in DST like grass turfs,reeds,berry bushes,anything with the right price.

And the most important of all:

A decent queue mod and bulk planting by DEFAULT.

4 hours ago, Lukmendes said:

Yeah, different tiers would pretty much nulify summer on the base, specialy if you could make the roofs on the farm, which means you wouldn't really need Ice Flingomantic, because the plants wouldn't burn.

I imagine they would still wither. Also building a roof over a farm/sapling/grass could make them wither as well, due to them not receiving enough sunlight/rain. Unless that roof is from glass and a flingomatic is watering the plant.

I would add a Telescope which would allow the player to view / predict moon cycles, and possibly predict boss spawns.  I know there is the view all stats mod, but I feel like that crosses the line...  That isn't just helping you, that is taking away some ambiance from the game.  I'd much rather have something in game, similar to the thermometer ect.

Rivers!  Ohmygods, I never thought of that!  And they could have a little kayak and a little paddle, and I just pictured a gameplay clip of Willow paddling down a stream (it could be anyone else; that's just what popped into my head) and...SQUEEE!  (Chaotica's voice hits a note audible only to birds).

That.  Would be so.  Cool.  And there could be river-only monsters, so that it would be a faster means of travel through some parts of the continent but still have dangers, like every other Don't Starve thing...

I'm suddenly picturing the river monsters from...Final Fantasy (Actual) 2*?  I think that was the first one to have seperate fresh-water monsters as compared to the ocean ones--only drawn in Don't Starve style.  Hee.

...Notorious

*As opposed to the Super Nintendo one, which is actually 4.

37 minutes ago, TheTraditionalGentleman said:

Rivers would also be an amazing addition. And then the ability to make a raft or canoe to go up and down them. 

I'd like elevation too, but I don't see that happening so I'll just stick with my rivers :p 

31 minutes ago, CaptainChaotica said:

Rivers!  Ohmygods, I never thought of that!  And they could have a little kayak and a little paddle, and I just pictured a gameplay clip of Willow paddling down a stream (it could be anyone else; that's just what popped into my head) and...SQUEEE!  (Chaotica's voice hits a note audible only to birds).

That.  Would be so.  Cool.  And there could be river-only monsters, so that it would be a faster means of travel through some parts of the continent but still have dangers, like every other Don't Starve thing...

I'm suddenly picturing the river monsters from...Final Fantasy (Actual) 2*?  I think that was the first one to have seperate fresh-water monsters as compared to the ocean ones--only drawn in Don't Starve style.  Hee.

...Notorious

*As opposed to the Super Nintendo one, which is actually 4.

You should check out Shipwrecked. ;)

You can make different kinds of rafts, ride waves, hunt whales with cannons, pick seaweed, cook lobster, etc.

14 minutes ago, applebottom said:

You should check out Shipwrecked. ;)

You can make different kinds of rafts, ride waves, hunt whales with cannons, pick seaweed, cook lobster, etc.

what is this Ship trainwreck you're talking about? It can't be full of bugs and lacking content, can it? 

...obviously I know about Shipwrecked, 'cos look at my avatar...(and I didn't just get that from somewhere, I took the time and effort to draw it myself).

I was thinking about being able to use boats in the main game, is why the rivers would be so cool.  You still couldn't use the sea, but you could travel around intra...continentally, and skip some parts of the land dangers/travel time, in exchange for dealing with river monsters.  Who would of course get worse at night.

I have actually played Shipwrecked a bit, but since my first experiences included (a) !#$%ING MONKEYS and (b) FIVE unappeasable treeguards* at once with range that covered the entire island...on the island that I had picked to be my _home_ island...and I had to get up close to hit _them_ and my hit points were already low...I haven't played it much since.  It was the first time I've gotten actually MAD at Don't Starve.  Something about the way it's balanced is just a _hair_ over the hard-but-fun/real-frustration line, for me.

Although the time I got the volcano staff from that set piece, and then proceded to--dramatically, raising my staff up to The Heavens--take MYSELF out with a barrage of flaming sky rocks...I just had to laugh, 'cos it happened with Willow, and the appropriateness kinda makes up for it.  "I AM THE ALMIGHTY GODDESS OF HELLFIRE!  Kneel before my might an--" (BOOM)

...Notorious

*I understand that NOW you can calm them down by planting jungle tree seeds.  Jungle tree seeds?  But they're PALM trees! That'd be the tropical equivalent of only being able to calm down birchguards by planting pine cones!  I planted TEN coconuts, and was tearing my _hair_ out going "WHY ISN'T IT WORKING?!"  And Wilson's hair is already pretty messed-up as it is; he doesn't need that in his life.

20 minutes ago, CaptainChaotica said:

...obviously I know about Shipwrecked, 'cos look at my avatar...(and I didn't just get that from somewhere, I took the time and effort to draw it myself).

I was thinking about being able to use boats in the main game, is why the rivers would be so cool.  You still couldn't use the sea, but you could travel around intra...continentally, and skip some parts of the land dangers/travel time, in exchange for dealing with river monsters.  Who would of course get worse at night.

I have actually played Shipwrecked a bit, but since my first experiences included (a) !#$%ING MONKEYS and (b) FIVE unappeasable treeguards* at once with range that covered the entire island...on the island that I had picked to be my _home_ island...and I had to get up close to hit _them_ and my hit points were already low...I haven't played it much since.  It was the first time I've gotten actually MAD at Don't Starve.  Something about the way it's balanced is just a _hair_ over the hard-but-fun/real-frustration line, for me.

Although the time I got the volcano staff from that set piece, and then proceded to--dramatically, raising my staff up to The Heavens--take MYSELF out with a barrage of flaming sky rocks...I just had to laugh, 'cos it happened with Willow, and the appropriateness kinda makes up for it.  "I AM THE ALMIGHTY GODDESS OF HELLFIRE!  Kneel before my might an--" (BOOM)

...Notorious

*I understand that NOW you can calm them down by planting jungle tree seeds.  Jungle tree seeds?  But they're PALM trees! That'd be the tropical equivalent of only being able to calm down birchguards by planting pine cones!  I planted TEN coconuts, and was tearing my _hair_ out going "WHY ISN'T IT WORKING?!"  And Wilson's hair is already pretty messed-up as it is; he doesn't need that in his life.

You can draw faces? Ok I'm jealous.

River stuff actually sounds pretty cool. 

And I agree. SW "balancing" and difficulty is tedious/********/etc.

38 minutes ago, AnonymousKoala said:

River stuff actually sounds pretty cool. 

I hope we get a 2 person paddle boat if rivers become a thing. Or a ship where 1 person steers and the other can just sit in the back and eat all the snacks. The one in the back would be me

EDIT: I did this:

Spoiler

20160701144027_1.jpg

On 6/22/2016 at 3:35 PM, Lukmendes said:

I think it would be pretty cool to have a blacksmith area on a base, to raise the durability of specific weapons by using one of the items needed to make said weapon, like using a Nightmare Fuel to "fix" the Dark Sword or Thulecite Club.

I like this idea. I would like to extend this idea by making it so that weapons can only be made with a blacksmith (which would then be like a science machine), perhaps with the exception of the primitive spear.

18 minutes ago, applebottom said:

Oh. I wasn't aware Shipwrecked is taboo in forums.

Sorry.

I mean, I didn't know lots of folks lost interest in it too. I thought I just got busy with real-life (excuses!) so I'm not into the DLC that much.

It's not taboo.

It's a rushed, lacking content, buggy, "expansion", lacking passion, that doesn't fit. 

15 minutes ago, AnonymousKoala said:

It's not taboo.

It's a rushed, lacking content, buggy, "expansion", lacking passion, that doesn't fit. 

It was a nice idea, but I just hate islands and spending too much time on water where there is little to do.

I just want to explore a big world. Water just gets in the way.

• Glommer Wings. Become thy Daedalus by putting phlegm and  some innocent flutter by wings.
  • Dandelion. This mob may drop their fabled tail that is a part for domesticating hounds or for catcoons to follow you. Addition, it can make a distraction.
  • Nipnip. Can't find the best playwords . But for doggies....

3 hours ago, Joachim said:

I like this idea. I would like to extend this idea by making it so that weapons can only be made with a blacksmith (which would then be like a science machine), perhaps with the exception of the primitive spear.

In such a case, I think hambat should be an exception too, since it has a time limit, and it wouldn't have a have a way to be "fixed" (Would be way too overpowered if it could).

The tentacle spike would also need something to make it increase it's uses, Tentacle Spots would do.

-More weapons, armors, and bosses (maybe even just stronger mobs). Weapon diversity is lacking. There should be more items like bow and arrows, flails, longswords, and more. It would really spice up combat. I also want there to be more enemies you REALLY have to prepare for, like the bosses.

-More seasonal diversity. I want crazy events to happen during parts of the year that really spice things up. Like a heat wave in summer, or an ice storm in winter, a torrential downpour in spring, etc.

-More "together"-based items. It's a game about surviving with friends, so there should totally be items that 2 or more players should be able to use in conjunction with one another. An example would be, say, maybe a rope that would restrain an enemy for a time  while another player attacked it.

-More food diversity. Juicy berries were a nice addition, but I'm tired of usually seeing carrots and regular berries. Spice it up, add poisonous berries that could affect regular berries in a player's inventory. Add more fruits that could be harvested on fruit trees. Expand the crock pot dish capabilites. The list goes on.

-More machines. Maybe something like a device that automatically picks berries from the bush, and one that picks up items off the ground, similar to how the lazy forager works. Combine them, and you have an automatic berry farm. There could also be devices that chop and plant trees.

-3rd tier magic and science levels. Pretty much speaks for itself. Tier 3 science could allow for the creation of the previously mentioned machines, as well as numerous other sciency gadgets to aid you in your survival. Tier 3 magic could allow for the combining of gemstones, new amulets, and new staffs. A green and blue gem combine to create a teal gem. The teal gem would have different properties altogether from the blue and green gems. Perhaps it could summon rain, or make the player wet when wearing it as an amulet. Combine 3 gems, red, blue, and yellow, into a white gem, which could create a lightning staff and supercharge the player when worn as an amulet. Combine white and red for a pink gem, which could heal health at the cost of sanity, unlike the red amulet, which takes hunger. The pink gem staff can heal allies and other players as well as yourself at the expense of sanity. I have more gemstone ideas, but I digress.

That's all I have for now, I'll post more here if I feel up to it, haha.

12 hours ago, spiderdian said:

Not wanting to get too offtopic but already getting

There's been a lot of work being put on SW for the consoles, maybe a  big update is coming, maybe?

Nope.

Capy(passionless from day 1) who worked on the majority(90% or so, I believe) of SW, just ran away the moment they rushed release.

Console Port is by someone else. Recent update is by Klei.

9 hours ago, Aeschwutz said:
  • Glommer Wings. Become thy Daedalus by putting phlegm and  some innocent flutter by wings.
  • Dandelion. This mob may drop their fabled tail that is a part for domesticating hounds or for catcoons to follow you. Addition, it can make a distraction.
  • Nipnip. Can't find the best playwords . But for doggies....

I actually really like these.

7 hours ago, Dudedude said:

-More weapons, armors, and bosses (maybe even just stronger mobs). Weapon diversity is lacking. There should be more items like bow and arrows, flails, longswords, and more. It would really spice up combat. I also want there to be more enemies you REALLY have to prepare for, like the bosses.

-More seasonal diversity. I want crazy events to happen during parts of the year that really spice things up. Like a heat wave in summer, or an ice storm in winter, a torrential downpour in spring, etc.

-More "together"-based items. It's a game about surviving with friends, so there should totally be items that 2 or more players should be able to use in conjunction with one another. An example would be, say, maybe a rope that would restrain an enemy for a time  while another player attacked it.

-More food diversity. Juicy berries were a nice addition, but I'm tired of usually seeing carrots and regular berries. Spice it up, add poisonous berries that could affect regular berries in a player's inventory. Add more fruits that could be harvested on fruit trees. Expand the crock pot dish capabilites. The list goes on.

-More machines. Maybe something like a device that automatically picks berries from the bush, and one that picks up items off the ground, similar to how the lazy forager works. Combine them, and you have an automatic berry farm. There could also be devices that chop and plant trees.

-3rd tier magic and science levels. Pretty much speaks for itself. Tier 3 science could allow for the creation of the previously mentioned machines, as well as numerous other sciency gadgets to aid you in your survival. Tier 3 magic could allow for the combining of gemstones, new amulets, and new staffs. A green and blue gem combine to create a teal gem. The teal gem would have different properties altogether from the blue and green gems. Perhaps it could summon rain, or make the player wet when wearing it as an amulet. Combine 3 gems, red, blue, and yellow, into a white gem, which could create a lightning staff and supercharge the player when worn as an amulet. Combine white and red for a pink gem, which could heal health at the cost of sanity, unlike the red amulet, which takes hunger. The pink gem staff can heal allies and other players as well as yourself at the expense of sanity. I have more gemstone ideas, but I digress.

That's all I have for now, I'll post more here if I feel up to it, haha.

I like most of these(not a fan of tier 3 magic, as that's pretty much ancient stuff), the machines you suggested are what a buffed lazy forager should do(AND BE REFULABLE). also what did you mean by really having to prepare for bosses? Because the only preperation is running from base. 

Well, or setting up traps and such if you're late enough in the game to have the resources for it... (The only way I've ever taken down a giant is with a huge PILE o' tooth traps, and to get the teeth for those, you have to be later in the game.  I know other players who are better at the just plain combat can just kill bosses themselves with hambats and logsuits, but dodging is _really_ iffy in Together.)

And I like a lot of Dudedude's ideas, too. There are already mods to add more fruit/veggie diversity (the one with all the different coloured berries, and "Pickle It!" adds more veggies to pickle along with the pickling mechanic itself) but it'd be cool to have that as official content in the game.  

And DEFINITELY YES to the idea of being able to repair more things.  Hells yes.  The very first time I made a sewing kit and found out...wait...it'll repair the umbrella, which is made out of pigskin, but not the football helmet, that also is?  WHAT?  Dangit!  I've been wanting to repair armour, especially armour made out of things other than found-everywhere trees and grass, since forever.

(Also psst:  Koala?  My avatar was also drawn in MSPaint.  :))

...Notorious

1 hour ago, CaptainChaotica said:

Well, or setting up traps and such if you're late enough in the game to have the resources for it... (The only way I've ever taken down a giant is with a huge PILE o' tooth traps, and to get the teeth for those, you have to be later in the game.  I know other players who are better at the just plain combat can just kill bosses themselves with hambats and logsuits, but dodging is _really_ iffy in Together.)

And I like a lot of Dudedude's ideas, too. There are already mods to add more fruit/veggie diversity (the one with all the different coloured berries, and "Pickle It!" adds more veggies to pickle along with the pickling mechanic itself) but it'd be cool to have that as official content in the game.  

And DEFINITELY YES to the idea of being able to repair more things.  Hells yes.  The very first time I made a sewing kit and found out...wait...it'll repair the umbrella, which is made out of pigskin, but not the football helmet, that also is?  WHAT?  Dangit!  I've been wanting to repair armour, especially armour made out of things other than found-everywhere trees and grass, since forever.

(Also psst:  Koala?  My avatar was also drawn in MSPaint.  :))

...Notorious

DST kiting is a myth if you're a client. I don't think I've seen the different colored berries mod. Any link? I wanna see what it does.

The blacksmith thing is a really cool idea.

(Yeah I know about the ms paint thing, I remember your comment on a ms paint bashing thing)

Archived